Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Myles

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be happy with Conley but it depends on who we would have to give up. He has some age on him but still is better than Collison. 

The games that Collison has missed this last year is a hint that we have to move on..he'll be 32 next year..

I agree. I dont want to give up any players for Conley and Memphis probably doenst want any more salary.

They'd want our No.1 pick.

 

$32 mil is a lot but Conley and Victor could be a dynamic duo/

And if they are not, Mike C. has an expiring contract in 2020-2021.

Its something to think about because Mike Conley is a very solid lead guard with Indy connections.

  Hed be a hero here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kyrie looks lost doesn't he? haha . That teams chemistry is so bad that big bad coach Brad can't even straightened it out lmao 

Yeah, this isn't about Brad Stevens.

Kyrie said he was 'the man'

 

…...he wanted 'his team'  ...and he got a team that won 2 playoff series last year,

They needed him these last 2 games in Boston and he couldn't make a shot.

 

Obviously there is one more game but he's got to do what Durant and Harden and Lillard and Giannis are doing....

You cant be sick or hurt or tired.. Steph is scoring 30 with dislocated fingers.

Harden cant see out of one eye and he drops 30...

No excuses

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm reading more about the possibilities of the Pacers acquiring Mike Conley.

I dismissed it before but its not farfetched.

 

Conley, who is 30 years old..averages 21 points a game and he is an excellent defender.  Memphis isn't a playoff team and they want to move him

His contract is ridiculous but there's only 2 years left on it..

.at $32 mil and $34 mi

 

Why is he better than Kemba Walker?  Offensively, he's not.

To get Kemba, we must pay the max:  $35 mil for 4 years...the same as Conley but for 2 more years

 

And we're a defensive minded team......Mike Conley is a strong defender.….Plus Conley may actually want to come to Indianapolis …..we all know. Big high school star. Lawrence North.

 

The only knock is We'd probably have to give up our No.1 pick for Conley

I would give up the 18th pick in the draft without question.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Myles said:

I would give up the 18th pick in the draft without question.  

I was wrong on Conley's age. He'll be 32 in October.

We'd pay for his age 32 and age 33 years

 

We let Darren Collison and Tyreke and Cory Joseph go

..and then we go over the cap to resign Bogdonavic and Thad Young.

 

Young, Bogdonavic, Myles Turner, Conley and Oladipo, a good shooting '5' with good defenders, 2 dribble drive creators  and 3 distance shooters

 

Our 'bench 5' would be Aaron Holiday, Edmund Sumner, Doug McDermott, TJ Leaf and Domatas Sabonis, other than McDermott..everybody under the age of 25 and at a relatively low price.

I'd like Wes Matthews to come off the bench but I think he wants to start.

 

That starting '5' would win 50-55 and get us a good slot in the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee 116, Boston 91

…..Bucks win 4 games to 1....

 

….Boston would be better off without Kyrie....and they were

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Milwaukee 116, Boston 91

…..Bucks win 4 games to 1....

 

….Boston would be better off without Kyrie....and they were

Boston is going fishing :funny:. The Bucks are definitely for real now if anyone did not think so. To your above post, I would still go after Conley. He is 32 but still looks like he has 2 or 3 years left in the tank. He is better than Collison. We need to bring Bogey and Thad back though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warriors go up 3-2 on Rockets but it may be a costly win, Durant limped off the court holding his right calf late in the 3rd Qtr. Nobody knows yet how bad the injury is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is going fishing :funny:. The Bucks are definitely for real now if anyone did not think so. To your above post, I would still go after Conley. He is 32 but still looks like he has 2 or 3 years left in the tank. He is better than Collison. We need to bring Bogey and Thad back though.

I think that's doable.

Sign Bogdonavic and Thad Young for 3 years at an ascending rate: maybe $14....$17....$20

Why? The third year will come after Conley's deal is over.

 

 

Another way to go

Is it possible to renegotiate a contract like Conley' s  so his $32 and $34 million for 2 years can become $22 mil (or even $24-$25) a year over 3 years? Give him an extra year and a little extra cash if he spreads the money out.

That would certainly help us keep our key players...I just think he would be so popular here and I agree. His season last year is better than the best season Darren Collison has had.

No knock. Just fact.

 

Is it also correct that you can go over the salary cap only to resign your own players.

If that's true, we have a long wait to find out what we're going to do.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors go up 3-2 on Rockets but it may be a costly win, Durant limped off the court holding his right calf late in the 3rd Qtr. Nobody knows yet how bad the injury is.

Durant will be out the final two Houston games.

Its just like last year..

It doesn't feel right when a team loses one of its top players late in the post-season.

 

The double edge sword of needing veteran players in the playoff is: Those veterans are more likely to get hurt the longer the season goes..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Durant will be out the final two Houston games.

Its just like last year..

It doesn't feel right when a team loses one of its top players late in the post-season.

 

The double edge sword of needing veteran players in the playoff is: Those veterans are more likely to get hurt the longer the season goes..

If the Rockets have ever had a golden opportunity it is now. They are down 3-2 though and would have to win Game 7 at Oracle, still won't be easy. Warriors are so loaded that they can win 1 home game without KD if Steph and Klay play lights out. Green thrives on these opportunities too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Frank Vogel is about to be the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.

 

Not certain but apparently its possible

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Apparently Frank Vogel is about to be the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.

 

Not certain but apparently its possible

Yeah I read that too. He was good here but not great. He and Nate are pretty equal IMO. Not sure how Vogel and LeBron will get along?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been watching basketball for 40 years (since the late 70's) and I have always said the 80's Lakers were the best team I have ever seen. Specifically 1987 and 1988 with Magic, Worthy, Scott, and Cooper in their primes with an aging Kareem but Kareem was still good. Kareem could still give them 20 points and 10 boards on a given night and created matchup nightmares. When they brought in Mychal Thompson via trade in 1987 to backup Kareem it wasn't fair. The 90's Bulls are like 1b to me. Specifically the 1996 Bulls with Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc. The 80's Celtics, specifically with Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, and Walton = their 1986 team is in that discussion too. Kobe and Shaq's 3-peat team from 2000-2002 is in that discussion as well. I will have to say though if these Warriors 3-peat and based on the talent they have with Curry, Durant, Klay, Green, and Iggy they may be the best team ever assembled. Last night they took out a very good Rockets team without Durant. I think they can win it all if Durant doesn't comes back actually. They still have a 3 headed monster in Curry, Klay, Green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm happy to see Frank get another HC gig and hope he does well but the whole situation with the Lakers appears to be a complete mess. You have to start questioning ownership.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ar7 said:

 

I'm happy to see Frank get another HC gig and hope he does well but the whole situation with the Lakers appears to be a complete mess. You have to start questioning ownership.

 

The Lakers have a lot of talent and Vogel can coach if they listen to him.

They have to buy into the style and tempo.....I think the slow=-pace we played when Vogel was here is good for the West where everybody runs and guns

This should work...

 

..and he can still have Lance if he wants him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver up 17 ............lost Game 7 100-96...…...incredible

Down 17...on the road, Lillard has 0 points in the first half, and only 3 buckets for the game, they lose Hood in the second half, refs were obviously pro Nuggets in the game, and.............

 

Blazers win! CJ was awesome. Evan, CJ, and Zack were a big reason. 

 

I believe the 3pt's for both team totaled 6 of 45. :popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Down 17...on the road, Lillard has 0 points in the first half, and only 3 buckets for the game, they lose Hood in the second half, refs were obviously pro Nuggets in the game, and.............

 

Blazers win! CJ was awesome. Evan, CJ, and Zack were a big reason. 

 

I believe the 3pt's for both team totaled 6 of 45. :popcorn:

New-age NBA basketball, I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto 92, Philadelphia 90

Incerdible shot by Kawhi to win it...

I am surprised at how much better he is than guys like Simmons and Butler

 

But the 76ers wont win any parts of any championships until Joel Embid gets down the low post and demands the ball..

Philadelphia could have won but Toronto should have won.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Toronto 92, Philadelphia 90

Incerdible shot by Kawhi to win it...

I am surprised at how much better he is than guys like Simmons and Butler

 

But the 76ers wont win any parts of any championships until Joel Embid gets down the low post and demands the ball..

Philadelphia could have won but Toronto should have won.

 

why are you surprised? Leonard is a top 5 player when he is healthy one of the best 2 way players in the league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conference semi's were great. I thought so when they first panned out. Sadly... they will be more entertaining then the Conference.

 

Bucks and Warriors in 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto native and raptor fan here. That Kawhi shot is was such a long time coming man. Especially with VC missing it 18 years ago.

 

Bucks are scary but they aren’t as big as Philly and don’t defend the 3 particularly well. Need to hit our shots and we could pull it out. Raps in 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Especially with VC missing it 18 years ago.

This is exactly what came to my mind. Happened against Philly(AI) too.

 

Vince Carter went to his UNC graduation ceremony the morning of the game.

 

Wish that would of fell for him, to finish the day of good like it started.

Has to be a day that he loves/hates that sticks out in his mind even today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

why are you surprised? Leonard is a top 5 player when he is healthy one of the best 2 way players in the league 

I'm surprised because Kawhi sat out a whole year

I'm surprised he was that much better than Jimmy Butler, who is a Top-20 player.

 

You were too, if we're being honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Toronto native and raptor fan here. That Kawhi shot is was such a long time coming man. Especially with VC missing it 18 years ago.

 

Bucks are scary but they aren’t as big as Philly and don’t defend the 3 particularly well. Need to hit our shots and we could pull it out. Raps in 6.

VC?  Viet Cong?

 

I agree with your prediction, by the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm surprised because Kawhi sat out a whole year

I'm surprised he was that much better than Jimmy Butler, who is a Top-20 player.

 

You were too, if we're being honest.

no I wasnt I'm one of the biggest fans of Leonard always have been 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

no I wasnt I'm one of the biggest fans of Leonard always have been 

Again though..Butler is a Top-20 player.

I did not realize that the Leonard who sat out a year and sat for 12 games this year for 'load management' would dominate 'The Process/

 

I think everybody did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Toronto native and raptor fan here. That Kawhi shot is was such a long time coming man. Especially with VC missing it 18 years ago.

 

Bucks are scary but they aren’t as big as Philly and don’t defend the 3 particularly well. Need to hit our shots and we could pull it out. Raps in 6.

Congrats on the huge victory. Leonard is a special player. It will be interesting watching him and Giannis go at it. I will say Raps in 7. I think they can win a Game 7 on the road much like the Blazers did yesterday. Raps can play loose in a game like that being on the road and nothing bothers Leonard. I can see the Bucks getting tight like the Nuggets did if it goes 7. Pressure would be on the Bucks being at home as they would be favored.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Again though..Butler is a Top-20 player.

I did not realize that the Leonard who sat out a year and sat for 12 games this year for 'load management' would dominate 'The Process/

 

I think everybody did

guess you'll pay more attention  to Leonard from now on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

why are you surprised? Leonard is a top 5 player when he is healthy one of the best 2 way players in the league 

 

I'd say he is the best 2-way player..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

I'd say he is the best 2-way player..

you wont get an argument from me there lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

guess you'll pay more attention  to Leonard from now on

Couldn't pay much attention to him when he sat out last season.

Butler is a Top-20 player...

I'm still surprised he and Simmons couldnt do more with Leonard….

 

Maybe next time you'll come on here BEFORE something happens and tell us how you knew it all along.  :thmup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Kinda hope Cleveland gets Zion Williamson.  That's the best fit for him.

But it would be something if the Bulls got the No.1 pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It kind of feels like it is set up for the Knicks to get it.  They have their last number 1 pick on the stage.    

It sure will spur the conspiracy theories and rightfully so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG...New Orleans

Memphis picking 2nd might mean they dont want to trade Mike Conley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Couldn't pay much attention to him when he sat out last season.

Butler is a Top-20 player...

I'm still surprised he and Simmons couldnt do more with Leonard….

 

Maybe next time you'll come on here BEFORE something happens and tell us how you knew it all along.  :thmup:

 

did you never watch Leonard play before injury?? you sound like a fool 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

OMG...New Orleans

Memphis picking 2nd might mean they dont want to trade Mike Conley

They could get Ja Morant tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • He hasn’t been cut because they need a veteran QB lol. I don’t know think they have much trust in Chad Kelly to command those offense against a starting NFL defense. He did well against a bunch of back ups in the pre-season but that doesn’t necessarily translate over to the regular season. 
    • Is Mack hurt again?  Unfortunately, we'll lose again just my gut feeling.  The way the Colts has been playing the last few weeks not because of Vinny costing us several games, but he will have a part of the lost that's because the Coach(Reich) has been predictable with his vanilla play calling.  
    • Good post. But I think you're being generous here to the Hoyer haters. The fact is the Colts were left in a lurch after Luck retired and they had to find a backup quickly. They got the best they could. Don't for a minute think that Luck's retirement hasn't led to this moment. Its a full blown result of it. Next year, the Colts will have a much better opportunity to decide who their starter is.  But until then....... lets just say that Andrew Luck has put the Colts in a tough spot that is still to play out. Personally, I'm pulling for JB to bust out and leave no doubt. I think he'll be the man now and in the future; his backup next year? Who knows. I hope its Kelly. I think it will be. But give the Colts' brass a break here; they were dealt a terrible hand and have done a pretty decent job of figuring out how to make it work. 
    • You said you didn't watch the game?
    • I’m undefeated in ROH games.  Just sayin..
  • Members

    • Lucky Colts Fan

      Lucky Colts Fan 5,388

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coming on strong

      coming on strong 212

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheCount

      TheCount 5

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • legend300

      legend300 98

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Gramz

      Gramz 9,749

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FRW

      FRW 67

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 2,107

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FalseStart

      FalseStart 273

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 11,873

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ar7

      ar7 366

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...