Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not a big Marcus Smart fan...but I thought you liked him Mark...we can’t sign him if we took on a big contract before Young’s cap hold is released (until he signs elsewhere). Another reason we might be holding onto cap space. Anyways I’m happy with who we got. 

There's no guarantee we keep Bogdonavich or now, Collison.

WE have team options on them right?

Fans have to understand that we cant return the same team. We badly need shooting...and we can take on any deal for a year or two...if it improves us

You dont like Bazemore..OK..but we will add a vet. We have to..and we cant worry about short term bucks..

We have Vic locked up for 3 years...we cant do nothing

Here's Atlanta's pick at 30..

Lets see what happens

Edited by oldunclemark

Of course we won’t bring back the same team...and I agree that Collison is too similar to our new draft pick. So I do think he might be moved. Young or Sumner maybe as well. I like Bogs...but would prefer him off the bench getting like 20-22 minutes. I think the 3 is a position we target to upgrade for sure.

wow..Alize Johnson...6-foot-9 forward..  (I missed the pick..ESPN again went to commecial when our pick came up)

This is a project..He's 22 now and He's grown 11 inches since he entered high school

Officially 6-foot-8, 207......15 points,    11 rebounds a game at Missouri State.

Not a 3-shooter..entered college as a guard..and  handles the ball OK but seems very 'right=-handed'

Who knows?  But we need small forwards. We dont have many

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

wow..Alize Johnson...6-foot-9 forward..  (I missed the pick..ESPN again went to commecial when our pick came up)

This is a project..He's 22 now and He's grown 11 inches since he entered high school

Officially 6-foot-8, 217......15 points,    11 rebounds a game at Missouri State.

Not a 3-shooter..entered college as a guard..and  handles the ball well..

Who knows?  But we need small forwards. We dont have many

So a tad bit bias here (I go to MSU currently so I saw him up close)

Good guy, hard worker. Was top player for our team both years after Juco due to not qualifying for D1 out of high school. Won newcomer in 2016-17 Was Preseason player of year for MVC. Was pretty much only player you could count on to play. If he had a bad game team got blown out. Offense had to go through him to work at all. So teams ended up doubling and triple teaming him most of season. Coaching was bad. Lusk was fired after season. They were projected as MVC winners ended up 7. He has some more growing and beefing up to do. Was not F like you said until College really. Has good handling skills. He is gonna go out there and out fight everyone. Again best player for MSU but was all over. With Having a PG that can do something could shine. Can spot up to shoot. Not likely ever a starter, but could be a good bench player. Working with a guy like Oladipo and seeing how he goes about everything could perform very well as a backup. At 50 that is not a bad thing. If he continues to master his body with his size could do a bit better

• Thanks 1

Holiday is a solid pick and will be a Great backup to Collison in 2019, he will start in 2020. Our Guard play should be in the Elite area in 2019 with Dipo, Collison, Joseph, and now Holiday (Lance will be a nice backup to Bogey at SF). That is pretty good depth. I don't know much about Alize Johnson but he did average 15 Points and 11 Boards for Missouri State last season. He also is 6'9 so could shine as a SF?

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Holiday is a solid pick and will be a Great backup to Collison in 2019, he will start in 2020. Our Guard play should be in the Elite area in 2019 with Dipo, Collison, Joseph, and now Holiday (Lance will be a nice backup to Bogey at SF). That is pretty good depth. I don't know much about Alize Johnson but he did average 15 Points and 11 Boards for Missouri State last season. He also is 6'9 so could shine as a SF?

I guess what we havent talked about is: Both Collison and Cory Joseph have contracts that end after next season...

Shapes up like we're keeping the guard line together for another year and then letting Cory or DC go.

Also,,Collison missed almost a month with a knee injury and he's almost 31...

Holiday should be good offensively and defensively....he ls just small...like Darren is...

Lets see Johnson in the summer league ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess what we havent talked about is: Both Collison and Cory Joseph have contracts that end after next season...

Shapes up like we're keeping the guard line together for another year and then letting Cory or DC go.

Also,,Collison missed almost a month with a knee injury and he's almost 31...

Holiday should be good offensively and defensively....he ls just small...like Darren is...

Lets see Johnson in the summer league ......

Johnson is who I really want to see in the Summer League. One reason why I will watch it. He has me curious. A 6'9 SF that can Rebound sounds decent to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Johnson is who I really want to see in the Summer League. One reason why I will watch it. He has me curious. A 6'9 SF that can Rebound sounds decent to me.

Rebounding is his thing..from the video...  Lets see how many he grabs in the Summer League..

...He does run the floor.....and his highllights suggest he shoots better than the numbers say

WE may not bring Al Jefferson or Trevor Booker back....and we were outrebounded last season....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Holiday was a great pick. I do wonder what happens to either Joseph or Collison. Can't imagine the Pacers will keep Collison/Holiday/Joseph. One of those other 2 is probably going to be gone.

They already said they want all of them back next year. Collison gives you a good person for him to learn from and after next year you then have him hopefully becoming a starter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The draft also suggests that we still believe in Glenn Robinson...

...because barring undrafted free agent pickups..we still have Glenn backing up Bogdonavich...right?

GR3 is a free agent so we would have to re-sign him if we wanted him back. I could still see us trying to upgrade the SF spot before we attempt to bring Glenn back.

actually, thats my point.

We had our first chance Thursday night to 'upgrade the small forward spot'

We did not feel the need to.

Money is pbviously not an issue with signing Glenn. If we have to back up the truck to pay him it will be a very small truck. A tonka toy.

Our management has always said they believe Glenn will be a very good player.

.....not drafting a small forward suggests that we still believe that.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Rebounding is his thing..from the video...  Lets see how many he grabs in the Summer League..

...He does run the floor.....and his highllights suggest he shoots better than the numbers say

WE may not bring Al Jefferson or Trevor Booker back....and we were outrebounded last season....

As I did say last night, he is big energy get dirty on the ground player. He was the star of our team and yet he was always the one getting rebounds by going hard to basket. With other players that can play well he can show better. He wont ever be a star or really even a starter but he is a player that a bench is made of. Hopefully in Summer League he will show it and can show to NBA that MVC is a strong conference that teaches players to still get dirty. 

His shot needs work still, has a weird push but can be fixed a bit with good coaching. Hopefully Nate and staff can show him an easier smoother shot and help his ability to make 3's.

As was discussed last night he grew up as a guard until his height came. He still has there skills and insintics. One thing is when he was down low he would shoot and if it was a miss he almost always grabbed ball. Same when teammates missed he has good instinct on where the ball should go off a miss

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

actually, thats my point.

We had our first chance Thursday night to 'upgrade the small forward spot'

We did not feel the need to.

Money is pbviously not an issue with signing Glenn. If we have to back up the truck to pay him it will be a very small truck. A tonka toy.

Our management has always said they believe Glenn will be a very good player.

.....not drafting a small forward suggests that we still believe that.

Maybe the staff didn't think anybody left in the draft pool would be an upgrade to the forward spot and believed Aaron Holiday was BPA. 

Both Kevin Pritchard and Nate McMillan said after the draft that they weren't done adding pieces to the team, so while Glenn may be back, I don't think it is a certainty.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:19 AM, RockThatBlue said:

Holiday was a great pick. I do wonder what happens to either Joseph or Collison. Can't imagine the Pacers will keep Collison/Holiday/Joseph. One of those other 2 is probably going to be gone.

Pritchard mentioned after the draft that Aaron Holiday will work in the 3rd point guard spot this year and that we would keep Collison and Joseph.

I think he takes over Joe Young's role this season (unless he dominates in summer league and/or training camp) and will be the starter the following year when Collison and Joseph are both free agents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Aaron Holiday is a great pick. A great complement to VO. Now let’s see where FA leads this team

FA will definitely be interesting especially if we don't bring back Thad. Will almost have to do something to fill his spot.

20 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Maybe the staff didn't think anybody left in the draft pool would be an upgrade to the forward spot and believed Aaron Holiday was BPA. 

Both Kevin Pritchard and Nate McMillan said after the draft that they weren't done adding pieces to the team, so while Glenn may be back, I don't think it is a certainty.

.......I still think he could be a double figure scorer every night, he's 24 and we dont have any wings.

That's our biggest positional flaw.   Everybody has 6-foot-5, 6-foot-6 wing players but us

Pritchard and McMillan have spoken highly of him always.

He is a low=price guy we already know.  He'll be back.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Spurs will either keep Leonard or trade him to the east hey KP call the spurs lmao

I heard that.

No way Kawhi is traded to a western conference team.

Hey, Thad Young, Cory Joseph and TJ Leaf for Leonard!!!  Make it happen

..Vic, Kawhi and Myles Turner,  (an almost Big-3)

How about 6-foot-5 Wayne Ellington.   He's a couple months short of age 31....

6th man for Miami last year....11 points a game.

He shot 39% from three-point range.   Why him?

..he made 227 3-point baskets in 76 games....a Miami record

he does one thing...but he does it well...

..and he is an unrestricted free agent who doesn't mind coming off the bench.

$10-$12 mil for 3 years would probably get him

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I heard that.

No way Kawhi is traded to a western conference team.

Hey, Thad Young, Cory Joseph and TJ Leaf for Leonard!!!  Make it happen

..Vic, Kawhi and Myles Turner,  (an almost Big-3)

I'd trade anyone they want if it's not Turner or vic 

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

How about 6-foot-5 Wayne Ellington.   He's a couple months short of age 31....

6th man for Miami last year....11 points a game.

He shot 39% from three-point range.   Why him?

..he made 227 3-point baskets in 76 games....a Miami record

he does one thing...but he does it well...

..and he is an unrestricted free agent who doesn't mind coming off the bench.

$10-$12 mil for 3 years would probably get him

I wouldn't hate it. Ellington is a very solid player and has been pretty much every year.