Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

PG can pisss off dude wants to be Mr. MVP now that he isnt here yet wouldnt take the final shot like a sissy or be a leader while he was here as our superstar. he leaves and becomes everything we wanted him to be screw him.

Actually before PG got injured he was playing like this in 2013 and in 2014. He got us to 2 ECFinals and took LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Allen 7 games. We may have beat them in 2013 had we had HCA. In 2014 Roy had his head his up his rear for some reason so there was just no getting by a stacked Heat team. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of good points have been made by everyone, @BleedBlu8792, we just disagree on a few things but it is all in fun. I can't stand LeBron so a part of me doesn't even mind what happened or if the Lakers lose. I will say this OKC may actually make the WCFinals this season. I still like PG and that is who the Lakers should've signed instead of LeBron mainly because of age. PG is only 28 and LeBron is 34. That is a huge difference. PG had 47 points, 12 boards, and 10 assists last night :mindblow:

- No doubt its all in good fun.. This offseason will be really interesting, even for our Pacers. 

- IF PG can continue playing at the level he's been playing at, OKC can make a deep run. However, I think the consensus is no one is beating GS. No team in the west has enough firepower to out score them, and not enough defensive power to slow them, let alone stop them.

- IMO this will be GS last year with that core. Curry will probably end up being the only one left from that team next year. KD might stay, but I think he moves on to NY. I look for Klay and Boogie to be playing for the Lakers next year. Those 2 are the ones Magic needs for Lebron, and it won't cost them draft picks nor crazy "max" deals. Klay will get a hefty contract, but Boogie won't have much negotiating power for a max deal due to his injury and limited playing time this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

- No doubt its all in good fun.. This offseason will be really interesting, even for our Pacers. 

- IF PG can continue playing at the level he's been playing at, OKC can make a deep run. However, I think the consensus is no one is beating GS. No team in the west has enough firepower to out score them, and not enough defensive power to slow them, let alone stop them.

- IMO this will be GS last year with that core. Curry will probably end up being the only one left from that team next year. KD might stay, but I think he moves on to NY. I look for Klay and Boogie to be playing for the Lakers next year. Those 2 are the ones Magic needs for Lebron, and it won't cost them draft picks nor crazy "max" deals. Klay will get a hefty contract, but Boogie won't have much negotiating power for a max deal due to his injury and limited playing time this year.

I agree with everything you just said :thmup:. I see nobody beating the Warriors and Klay would be a perfect fit in LA. That is where his dad played in the late 80's winning 2 Titles. I can see Durant in NY as well.

36 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

PG can pisss off dude wants to be Mr. MVP now that he isnt here yet wouldnt take the final shot like a sissy or be a leader while he was here as our superstar. he leaves and becomes everything we wanted him to be screw him.

It is odd that he left because he said he wanted o play for a contender and he didnt see that happening here.

Not much difference between where they are and where we are in and they're in the West, which is a much harder road.

I love the way he's playing but  he isnt any closer to a title in OKC than he would have been here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It is odd that he left because he said he wanted o play for a contender and he didnt see that happening here.

Not much difference between where they are and where we are in and they're in the West, which is a much harder road.

I love the way he's playing but  he isnt any closer to a title in OKC than he would have been here

I think we have the deeper team but PG has Westbrook. If it wasn't for the Warriors, they would have a good shot at making the Finals. If Oladipo was healthy we would as well. We still may win a Playoff series the way we are playing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we have the deeper team but PG has Westbrook. If it wasn't for the Warriors, they would have a good shot at making the Finals. If Oladipo was healthy we would as well. We still may win a Playoff series the way we are playing.

..It will be difficult to hold the '3'; seed with that west coast road trip we have next month.

But if we're the '3' and we open vs. the Nets or Charlotte....that's a lot softer path than being the 4 or 5 and playing Boston....

I still see Boston as the team they were last year before Kyrie  came back and messed up their chemistry (there's that word again)

But I'm sure we're the team everybody in the east wants to play

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..It will be difficult to hold the '3'; seed with that west coast road trip we have next month.

But if we're the '3' and we open vs. the Nets or Charlotte....that's a lot softer path than being the 4 or 5 and playing Boston....

I still see Boston as the team they were last year before Kyrie  came back and messed up their chemistry (there's that word again)

But I'm sure we're the team everybody in the east wants to play

I was thinking the same thing. If we finish 3rd I think we definitely win a playoff series. Whoever finishes 6th we can beat. If we play Boston in the 1st round that will be tough.

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah and he gets to play with ball hog trash bag Westbrook 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NBA has determined Magic did not tamper with Ben Simmons. Glad they weren't petty about that.

Yeah..Magic is 2 people.

He's the NBA Top-50 legend that somebody like Simmons obviously admires and would appreciate advice from...

..and he's the GM of the Lakers...who might want to acquire Ben in two years.

He cant separate those two facts.

Its a problem Vlade Divac, Danny Ainge and Elton Brand don't have

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah..Magic is 2 people.

He's the NBA Top-50 legend that somebody like Simmons obviously admires and would appreciate advice from...

..and he's the GM of the Lakers...who might want to acquire Ben in two years.

He cant separate those two facts.

Its a problem Vlade Divac, Danny Ainge and Elton Brand don't have

Very true, Magic is the best point guard ever so of course Ben wants to work out with him and wants his advice but Magic can not go that route being the GM of the Lakers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Celtics play better without Kyrie, they just beat Philly at Philly. The NBA makes no sense :funny:

112-109...…..7-1 without Kyrie

Its hard to say they're better without him but they play better without him.

..and that unknown Midwest team with no all-stars is now 2 games up on Boston AND Philadelphia with 25 games to play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Heyward had a heckuva game off the bench too..

Yeah, I dont thinks Hayward is the problem (if you can be 36-21 and have a problem)

Kyrie wants to 'take over' and 'do his thing' on a team that went to the East finals last year without him.

..and the 76ers sleepwalk through another game they should win...against Boston.

32 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston 112-109...…..at Philadelphia

8-2 with Rozier starting? Really?

Its hard to say they're better without Kyrie but they play better without him.

..and that unknown Midwest team with no all-stars is now 2 games up on Boston AND Philadelphia with 25 games to play

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

112-109...…..7-1 without Kyrie

Its hard to say they're better without him but they play better without him.

If we had just one more upper tier, Oladipo-type, guy right now... These guys are playing with so much heart and passion right now. It's ironic to say, but I feel the loss of VO made the "team" better. That's what should happen though when you lose a guy, guys need to step up, and they all have been for the most part. 

Indiana is the #1 scoring defense in the league.  I wasn't a McMillan fan at all, but I feel that he's finally got a good grasp of what he's wanting to do and getting the guys to do it. Guys are buying in and it's showing. 

• Like 2

Lakers lost to the Hawks last night :lol:. Not trying to be a hater but I still see no evidence that LeBron is a better all-time player than Jordan, Magic, or Kareem was. The 3 players I just named could dominate in this era as well, so we can throw era's out the window when it comes to them 3. Jordan would probably be better in today's game because hand checking isn't allowed now and any type of real physical play isn't allowed. You foul anyone hard now days, it's a Flagrant Foul. Magic was a 6'9 PG that could dribble and pass like John Stockton, I know he would dominate today. Kareem was 7'2 and had the most unstoppable shot in the history of the NBA = the Skyhook. He would be the same player today that he was in 1980.

-Jordan = 10 Scoring Titles, 6 Championships, 5 League MVP's, 6 Finals MVP's.

-Magic = All-Time leader in Assist average per season at 11.2, higher than John Stockton even. Won Finals MVP in his rookie season, 5 Championships, 3 League MVP's, 3 Finals MVP's. Magic did that in just 12 seasons.

-Kareem = All-Time Leading Scorer in NBA History with 38,387 Points, 6 Championships, 6 League MVP's, 2 Finals MVP's.

If the Lakers miss the Playoffs that will be embarrassing and show LeBron did benefit from playing in the East all those years. I understand he doesn't have a good team around him but, you can't even finish 8th in the West?? Also Kuzma is a good player and so is Ingram. Ball isn't necessarily a scrub either. Rondo and Lance are even decent so LeBron doesn't have complete garbage around him that is for sure.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers lost to the Hawks last night :lol:. Not trying to be a hater but I still see no evidence that LeBron is a better all-time player than Jordan, Magic, or Kareem was. The 3 players I just named could dominate in this era as well, so we can throw era's out the window when it comes to them 3. Jordan would probably be better in today's game because hand checking isn't allowed now and any type of real physical play isn't allowed. You foul anyone hard now days, it's a Flagrant Foul. Magic was a 6'9 PG that could dribble and pass like John Stockton, I know he would dominate today. Kareem was 7'2 and had the most unstoppable shot in the history of the NBA = the Skyhook. He would be the same player today that he was in 1980.

-Jordan = 10 Scoring Titles, 6 Championships, 5 League MVP's, 6 Finals MVP's.

-Magic = All-Time leader in Assist average per season at 11.2, higher than John Stockton even. Won Finals MVP in his rookie season, 5 Championships, 3 League MVP's, 3 Finals MVP's. Magic did that in just 12 seasons.

-Kareem = All-Time Leading Scorer in NBA History with 38,387 Points, 6 Championships, 6 League MVP's, 2 Finals MVP's.

If the Lakers miss the Playoffs that will be embarrassing and show LeBron did benefit from playing in the East all those years. I understand he doesn't have a good team around him but, you can't even finish 8th in the West?? Also Kuzma is a good player and so is Ingram. Ball isn't necessarily a scrub either. Rondo and Lance are even decent so LeBron doesn't have complete garbage around him that is for sure.

So if James played in those players you mentioned eras he would have been even more dominant than they were. The talent level across the board in todays NBA blows those eras away.

You didn't even mention Larry Bird and that puzzles me when you talk of all time greats.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very true, Magic is the best point guard ever so of course Ben wants to work out with him and wants his advice but Magic can not go that route being the GM of the Lakers.

If James Harden keeps playing the way he has been he has to be in the conversation.

I know you idolize Magic, Jordan and Kareem but they played in different eras.

We all the time discuss different eras in the NFL but you seem to be closed minded in the NBA.

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So if James played in those players you mentioned eras he would have been even more dominant than they were. The talent level across the board in todays NBA blows those eras away.

You didn't even mention Larry Bird and that puzzles me when you talk of all time greats.

James would've been great in the old era but it was a more physical game back then so it would've been interesting to see how he could handle that. I hated Jordan by the way so I did not idolize him, I just think he is the GOAT. I did like the Lakers back in the 80's but nobody will ever convince me that Magic or Kareem could not dominate in today's league. They played against 7 footers every night like it is now and went up against players like Michael, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Hakeem Olajuwon, DR J, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, Isiah Thomas, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Pat Ewing and beat all of them almost every year. You can throw era's out the window once the 1980's hit. Every Center was nearly 7'0 tall and the guards were even getting bigger and stronger compared to the 50's, 60's, and 70's. If I put together a lineup of Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Karl Malone, and Kareem they would whip any teams all-stars today.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

If James Harden keeps playing the way he has been he has to be in the conversation.

I know you idolize Magic, Jordan and Kareem but they played in different eras.

We all the time discuss different eras in the NFL but you seem to be closed minded in the NBA.

You mean if Harden keeps shooting the ball 150 times a nights to get his 40 points? Magic Johnson is a 10 times better player than Harden 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You mean if Harden keeps shooting the ball 150 times a nights to get his 40 points? Magic Johnson is a 10 times better player than Harden 

Even Michael Jordan didn't do what harden does..

Michael would not shot much in the first half and then take over in the second half.

Harden just domintes every possession whwen Chris Paul isn't in the game

Sabonis is gong to war tonight in the lane..

...but nobody we have can stop Yannis

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Even Michael Jordan didn't do what harden does..

Michael would not shot much in the first half and then take over in the second half.

Harden just domintes every possession whwen Chris Paul isn't in the game

Sabonis is gong to war tonight in the lane..

...but nobody we have can stop Yannis

Cant forget his 50 flops a game average and his 25 FT attempts

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You are forgetting about his triple doubles. Yes he shoots a lot but he also does other things on the floor.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

James would've been great in the old era but it was a more physical game back then so it would've been interesting to see how he could handle that. I hated Jordan by the way so I did not idolize him, I just think he is the GOAT. I did like the Lakers back in the 80's but nobody will ever convince me that Magic or Kareem could not dominate in today's league. They played against 7 footers every night like it is now and went up against players like Michael, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Hakeem Olajuwon, DR J, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, Isiah Thomas, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Pat Ewing and beat all of them almost every year. You can throw era's out the window once the 1980's hit. Every Center was nearly 7'0 tall and the guards were even getting bigger and stronger compared to the 50's, 60's, and 70's. If I put together a lineup of Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Karl Malone, and Kareem they would whip any teams all-stars today.

Oh I think that Davis, James, Curry, Harden and Durant could play with those you mention and would win just as many heads up games.

• Like 1