Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:39 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-My point is that this summer, Dell Demps will not get a better offer than the Lakers just offered them because AD will be a 1 year rental to every other team. Ainge will not give up someone you say that is better than Kuzma (Tatum) and a ton of draft picks + Brown and Smart for a guy that will only stay 1 year. 

Lakers offer will be there in the summer and then there is the possibility that the Knicks offer will be even better. If Lakers sign FAs instead they don't have the cap space to sign AD when he becomes FA in 2020. They aren't going to sign 1 year deals next season like they did this year and punt another year with 35 yr old LeBron. Either they go hard after max FA or Davis.

If the AD to LAL door gets slammed shut, the market for AD might explode. He might expand his list. Ainge might think he might sign an extension with them and go hard after him since he can't sign with Lakers. If Knicks want to get Kyrie/Butler/Durant in FA they could be big players in trade for AD. As those FAs might not want to join Knicks unless they get another superstar, like AD.

2 hours ago, Finball said:

Lakers offer will be there in the summer and then there is the possibility that the Knicks offer will be even better. If Lakers sign FAs instead they don't have the cap space to sign AD when he becomes FA in 2020. They aren't going to sign 1 year deals next season like they did this year and punt another year with 35 yr old LeBron. Either they go hard after max FA or Davis.

If the AD to LAL door gets slammed shut, the market for AD might explode. He might expand his list. Ainge might think he might sign an extension with them and go hard after him since he can't sign with Lakers. If Knicks want to get Kyrie/Butler/Durant in FA they could be big players in trade for AD. As those FAs might not want to join Knicks unless they get another superstar, like AD.

Folks are forgetting that Anthony Davis says he WANTS to play for the Lakers..

The Knicks and Celtics aren't going to give up 4 players and two No. 1s for a guy who wanst to play for the Lakers.  AD isn't Paul George..

..and the Lakers offer this summer wont be what it was his month/

New Orleans cannot begin next year with Davis on the roster....

I cant explain why they turned down 4 players and two No. 1s

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The Knicks and Celtics aren't going to give up 4 players and two No. 1s for a guy who wanst to play for the Lakers.  AD isn't Paul George..

..and the Lakers offer this summer wont be what it was his month/

New Orleans cannot begin next year with Davis on the roster....

I don't think AD directly said that and his list of reported places he'd sign an extension with also included the Clippers, Knicks and Bucks. 

43 minutes ago, Finball said:

I don't think AD directly said that and his list of reported places he'd sign an extension with also included the Clippers, Knicks and Bucks. 

He never said it publically but reports are he has said that.

AD and LeBron have the same agent..and AD has said he wants to play for  contender.

He's not going to the Knicks

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

The Knicks and Celtics aren't going to give up 4 players and two No. 1s for a guy who wanst to play for the Lakers.

The Celtics won't have to give up 4 players like the Lakers were offering. There are strong reports that NO wants Tatum. Boston will gladly let him go because Heyward should be 100% healthy next year.

Boston has potentially 7 - SEVEN - first round picks in 2019/2020, losing a couple and Tatum/Brown is hardly skin off their *. 

Because you keep failing to realize it was a cruddy deal to begin with. 

I guarantee AD won't be in LA next year just like Kawhi isn't in LA this year. These West teams aren't just going to conform to the Lakers nonsense tactics. 

51 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He's not going to the Knicks

He has a better chance of being there next year than LA. NY has plenty of capital to add KD and 2 more max deals, one being by trade. If New York gets a top-two lottery pick, along with one of Dallas' first's they acquired in the KP trade plus Dennis Smith Jr, and another player, you can bet your butt NO is going to be interested. 

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

The Celtics won't have to give up 4 players like the Lakers were offering. There are strong reports that NO wants Tatum. Boston will gladly let him go because Heyward should be 100% healthy next year.

Boston has potentially 7 - SEVEN - first round picks in 2019/2020, losing a couple and Tatum/Brown is hardly skin off their *. 

Because you keep failing to realize it was a cruddy deal to begin with. 

I guarantee AD won't be in LA next year just like Kawhi isn't in LA this year. These West teams aren't just going to conform to the Lakers nonsense tactics. 

"These West teams aren't just going to conform to the Lakers nonsense tactics". How are the Lakers tactics nonsense? They didn't do anything that was nonsense. Magic offered them a trade giving up 2 1st Round picks and Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, and Zubac - nearly half his roster, your comment makes no sense. You clearly hate the Lakers and it is noticeable lmao . Also AD's agent said AD wanted to play in LA with LeBron, he and LeBron have the same agent. Other teams know this so they aren't giving up alot for a 1 year rental. 

Having a discussion with you on this topic is like talking to a wall, I present facts like AD's agent saying AD wants to be in LA like I did the other day, present Stats that Kuzma is just as good as Tatum is and you just poo poo everything I post. Stats are not everything but it is still a heavy measuring stick, Kuzma torched Boston the other night and just had 39 last night at Philly for example. 

We will see what the Pelicans are offered this summer and resume this convo. The only thing I can recall being wrong about when you and I have disagreed on something is, I said OKC would be good and go deep in the Playoffs last year and I was wrong. Even there, they still made the Playoffs with chemistry wrecker Melo on their team. OKC is better this year without Melo and PG is having an MVP type of season.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"These West teams aren't just going to conform to the Lakers nonsense tactics". How are the Lakers tactics nonsense? They didn't do anything that was nonsense. 

Look, after the Pacers, the Lakers(grew up Magic Johnson fan) are the next team I root for(unfortunately they have LeBron). Anyway, just a little background, before my comment.

I believe the tactics, he is referring to is obvious. It isn't individualized to AD, they pulled same stunt with George, Kawhi...etc.... They have been tampering with players for the last 3 years. 

AD, also just hired LeBrons agent within last 2 years. 

Dont forget last year they picked up Caldwell Pope, who coincidently has LeBrons agent as well. So they could start talking about Lebron last year unofficially(illegally). 

Even being a Laker fan as well, I'm hoping AD and Kawhi end up in LA, on the Clippers.

I would actually respect these guys more for not going to play with LeBron, even when he is on downside of career(still ballin).

Hopefully LeBron era ends sooner than later, so I can enjoy rooting for them again.

NBA is a shady business, it is Sports Entertainment. WWE

I personally have not watched a game in 2019. Once James Harden had 27 free throws against the Grizzlies, I couldn't take it anymore.

Looking forward to Pacer playoff games, other than that, I'm not to interested at the moment.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol, and now I click on ESPN to check Pacers score...

Headline: NBA investigating Lakers and Ben Simmons contact...

Out of control. They need to be hit hard by the NBA with some kind of penalty..?

What was your opinion on when CP3 got snatched away from the Lakers in 2012 after a deal was already done? Owners from small market teams such as Dan Gilbert complained to Stern about that trade and the trade then got nixed?? Lakers clearly got screwed in that situation but Laker haters just laugh that off. CP3 was a top 5 player in the league at the time and would've been paired up with Kobe, that team still would've been good for years had that trade been allowed. 

-Just now as the Lakers were trying to trade for AD, Gregg Popovich advised the Pelicans not to do the deal and not to help the Lakers. How is that not some sort of tampering? Popovich had nothing to do with the situation. There is a lot of shadiness going on in the league besides how the Lakers operate. I also agree that James Harden's game is somewhat phony, he gets every call and half of his fouls is where he just throws his body into people, he is unwatchable. Seems like he shoots 20 FT's a game.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What was your opinion on when CP3 got snatched away from the Lakers in 2012 after a deal was already done? Owners from small teams such as Dan Gilbert complained to Stern about that trade and the trade then got nixed?? Lakers clearly got screwed in that situation but Laker haters just laugh that off. CP3 was a top 5 player in the league at the time and would've been paired up with Kobe, that team still would've been good for years had that trade been allowed. 

-Just now as the Lakers were trying to trade for AD, Gregg Popovich advised the Pelicans not to do the deal and not to help the Lakers. How is that not some sort of tampering? Popovich had nothing to do with the situation. There is a lot of shadiness going on the league besides how the Lakers operate. I also agree that James Harden's game is somewhat phony, he gets every call and half of his fouls is where he just throws his body into people, he is unwatchable. Seems like he shoots 20 FT's a game.

To the first point. I hated it, that Laker team would of been amazing, although I really don't like Chris Paul very much, great player, just not for me. The big thing about that though at the time the NBA actually owned the Pelicans, so they can make that decision I suppose? 

If you actually look at the trade CP3 to Lakers, I think it was better for NO than the LAC trade was.?

To the 2nd point, no question. The league is shady. Can't believe they continually allow Harden to get away with traveling, pushing off and flopping. The amount of FT's he gets really disgust me.

Wouldnt be surprised if the Draft Lottery ends like this:

#1 NYK

#2 BOS(Sacremento pick, slips up to 2)

#3 LAL(miss playoffs, hit lotto)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, w87r said:

To the first point. I hated it, that Laker team would of been amazing, although I really don't like Chris Paul very much, great player, just not for me. The big thing about that though at the time the NBA actually owned the Pelicans, so they can make that decision I suppose? 

If you actually look at the trade CP3 to Lakers, I think it was better for NO than the LAC trade was.?

To the 2nd point, no question. The league is shady. Can't believe they continually allow Harden to get away with traveling, pushing off and flopping. The amount of FT's he gets really disgust me.

Wouldnt be surprised if the Draft Lottery ends like this:

#1 NYK

#2 BOS(Sacremento pick, slips up to 2)

#3 LAL(miss playoffs, hit lotto)

Your thinking the Lakers pick will be top 3? There is almost a 100% chance that that is impossible 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Your thinking the Lakers pick will be top 3? There is almost a 100% chance that that is impossible 

No, I don't think that. It was more tongue and cheek, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

It's not 100% impossible though. Top 3 seeds are drawn in the lottery. So 13/14 seed can grab a top 3. Just dont be surprised if Lakers miss the playoffs if they jump into top 3.

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He has a better chance of being there next year than LA. NY has plenty of capital to add KD and 2 more max deals, one being by trade. If New York gets a top-two lottery pick, along with one of Dallas' first's they acquired in the KP trade plus Dennis Smith Jr, and another player, you can bet your butt NO is going to be interested. 

He's not going to the Knicks...….the Knicks are one of the worst teams in the league and they'd have to give up good players and draft choices to get AD..

Think about it. Who would AD play with after the trade.

He's going to the Lakers to play with LBJ

Summer of 2019 or summer of 2020

He fired his agent hired the same agent LeBron has.

Its obvious where he's going.

And the Pelicans wont get a better deal than the one New Orleans turned down this month.

Its obvious if you look at it

• Like 1

Nice win....99-90 over Charlotte..Wesley Mathews had a very ordinary debut

8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists.

I thought coach Nate played the starters more than usual tonight so Matthews could adjust and hit a couple of 3s late

38-19....our high mark of the season...2 1/2 up on 5th place Boston with 25 games to go

Bring on the Bucks!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just read the article about Ben Simmons/Magic Johnson and there really isn't much too it. Basically he wanted to work out with Magic this summer because he looks up to Magic but obviously Magic can not because it would be tampering. Elton Brand, the GM of the Sixers said it is a non-issue. 

I don't think its tampering if Magic helps Ben Simmons with his game.....but I see what Brand is saying (or not saying)

Simmons is a free agent in 2 years...and Magic is a GM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

The league is shady. Can't believe they continually allow Harden to get away with traveling, pushing off and flopping. The amount of FT's he gets really disgust me.

I do not understand that either.

Commentators on NBA TV lay out how that's traveling. He takes 4 steps on some shots.

Just because he takes them backwards doesnt change the rules.

That why I'm not thrilled by his scoring rampage...its a little phony

If you slow motion the replay, I'm serious.....he takes FOUR steps on some shots

I mean, LeBron gets away with 3 a lot but four??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Nice win....99-90 over Charlotte..Wesley Mathews had a very ordinary debut

8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists.

I thought coach Nate played the starters more than usual tonight so Matthews could adjust and hit a couple of 3s late

38-19....our high mark of the season...2 1/2 up on 5th place Boston with 25 games to go

Bring on the Bucks!!

6 in a row Mark, who would've thought that without Oladipo! The Milwaukee game on Weds will show us a lot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, w87r said:

No, I don't think that. It was more tongue and cheek, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

It's not 100% impossible though. Top 3 seeds are drawn in the lottery. So 13/14 seed can grab a top 3. Just dont be surprised if Lakers miss the playoffs if they jump into top 3.

When is the last time a 13 or 14 seed got a top 3 pick from the lottery?

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When is the last time a 13 or 14 seed got a top 3 pick from the lottery?

People who hate the Lakers would really freak out if the Lakers just barely miss the Playoffs, enter the lotto and get the #1 pick and land Zion. They would be yelling at the mountain tops that the lotto is rigged for sure.

I like the Lakers because I was a huge Magic fan growing up but I can't stand LeBron so it is hard for me to root for them. Lakers were my 2nd favorite team growing up during the 80s and were always great. Pacers have always been my favorite team but they had some lean years during the 80's. I remember as a kid going to Pacers games and there would be only like 5,000 people at MSA lmao .

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"These West teams aren't just going to conform to the Lakers nonsense tactics". How are the Lakers tactics nonsense? They didn't do anything that was nonsense. Magic offered them a trade giving up 2 1st Round picks and Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, and Zubac - nearly half his roster, your comment makes no sense. You clearly hate the Lakers and it is noticeable lmao . Also AD's agent said AD wanted to play in LA with LeBron, he and LeBron have the same agent. Other teams know this so they aren't giving up alot for a 1 year rental. 

Having a discussion with you on this topic is like talking to a wall, I present facts like AD's agent saying AD wants to be in LA like I did the other day, present Stats that Kuzma is just as good as Tatum is and you just poo poo everything I post. Stats are not everything but it is still a heavy measuring stick, Kuzma torched Boston the other night and just had 39 last night at Philly for example. 

My comment made plenty of sense... You know, the tactics that cost LA 500k for their handling of PG. The ways to which they went about trying to get Kawhi, and now AD, and then want to cry foul when teams played their game and made them look desperate only to come away with NOTHING.

Just answer this... If that deal was so good why didn't the Pelicans take it? I mean Kuzma is scoring out of his mind and NO still says NO. Why? It's a really simple question. There isn't a professional analyst out there that believed that trade was worth it to NO outside of you, Mark, and some Laker homers.. haha

He's not going to the Knicks...….the Knicks are one of the worst teams in the league and they'd have to give up good players and draft choices to get AD..

Think about it. Who would AD play with after the trade.

He's going to the Lakers to play with LBJ

Summer of 2019 or summer of 2020

He fired his agent hired the same agent LeBron has.

Its obvious where he's going.

And the Pelicans wont get a better deal than the one New Orleans turned down this month.

That's what you do when you want one of the top-3 players in the league. You pay to play... It doesn't help the NBA to have it's most valuable ($$) team be a consistent lottery team every year. The Knicks gutted the team for this very reason - to land Davis and Durant type players. 

Oh and the Knicks are on AD's list to re-up with as well.. 

It's "obvious" you don't understand how NBA business works because I hate to put it this way, but NO owns every right to AD. He will go to whomever NO feels like gives them the best offer. CLEARLY, IT'S NOT LA. AD will go to and be with whomever he's traded to, he doesn't have a choice. 

Its obvious if you look at it

The irony of this statement coming from you.. haha

32 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

My comment made plenty of sense... You know, the tactics that cost LA 500k for their handling of PG. The ways to which they went about trying to get Kawhi, and now AD, and then want to cry foul when teams played their game and made them look desperate only to come away with NOTHING.

Just answer this... If that deal was so good why didn't the Pelicans take it? I mean Kuzma is scoring out of his mind and NO still says NO. Why? It's a really simple question. There isn't a professional analyst out there that believed that trade was worth it to NO outside of you, Mark, and some Laker homers.. haha

That's what you do when you want one of the top-3 players in the league. You pay to play... It doesn't help the NBA to have it's most valuable ($$) team be a consistent lottery team every year. The Knicks gutted the team for this very reason - to land Davis and Durant type players. 

Oh and the Knicks are on AD's list to re-up with as well.. 

It's "obvious" you don't understand how NBA business works because I hate to put it this way, but NO owns every right to AD. He will go to whomever NO feels like gives them the best offer. CLEARLY, IT'S NOT LA. AD will go to and be with whomever he's traded to, he doesn't have a choice. 

The irony of this statement coming from you.. haha

My answer is, other teams in the West simply hate the Lakers and are jealous of their success. It's because they have won 10 Titles since 1980 and other Owners/GM's are simply sick of them. They are enjoying the Lakers struggling for a change. Anyone that thinks otherwise is naive. That CP3 trade being nixed even proves my point regarding that, that was complete bull. What the Clippers offered NO wasn't as good as what the Lakers offered them but yet it was allowed for the Clippers to get CP3. Explain that? After the Lakers won the last 2 Titles with Kobe = 2009/2010, that is when the hate really begin haha .

If you take the team name off (Lakers) of that trade offered to the Pelicans just now and put the Celtics, Knicks name on that trade with the same players, Pelicans do the deal IMO. Also Popovich doesn't butt in and say a word while the deal is on the table.

Yeah to your point isn't it puzzling that the Pelicans wouldn't do the deal when you offer a guy like Kuzma? It is not just Kuzma, it was Kuzma and nearly half the roster lmao . I smell shadiness in the air :funny:. JMO's by the way, I do like the Lakers as a 2nd team to root for but I just see it for what it is. Now that LeBron is with the Lakers it ruins it for me anyway in reality. Had Paul George went to LA, I would've been happier. 

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

New Orleans didn't take the deal because they think they can convince Davis to stay.  Just like the Pacers thought with Paul George.

Just like San Antonio thought with Kawhi.

They ended up trading them,  didn't they?

You're ignoring the facts:  Davis has said he wants to play for a contender. Davis has said he wants to play for the Lakers and he changed his agent to LeBron's. All this tells you where he's going.

The Pelicans made a blunder turning down 4 starters and two No.1 picks.

They turned down as good a deal as they're going to get....on hope.

Obviously, Davis' value diminishes the longer the Pelicans hold onto him.

This is  how the NBA works.  The Lakers were trading for a year and 30 games of Davis this month. After the season, everybody's trading for a year of Davis.

Their offer will be less.. You may have missed that Anthony's father said  he wont sign a deal with Boston.  The Knicks cant trade for him and have anything left to be a playoff team with him for one year.

You may have missed that his agent said he wants to play for a contender.

In the real world, New Orleans cannot begin next season with Davis on the roster. I think even you can see they have backed themselves into a corner.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6 in a row Mark, who would've thought that without Oladipo! The Milwaukee game on Weds will show us a lot.

This is really something.........38-19..with no all-stars

If you look game-by-game the rest of the way, we're almost certainly going to win 50

We have 3 left with Detroit….and 2 with Orlando

. I think that (50 wins) is what we all hoped for the the season began.

I agree with you....Wednesday will say if its real...

Of the other teams in the.. Top 5, I actually think we match up best with Milwaukee.

Wesley Matthews seems just like 5 other Pacers,.

He's not going to score 30 but he's better than average at both ends of the floor......

If we could get to 39-19 and then get a full week off  to recharge,  we've got a real shot at that 3rd seed which would be a series with New Jersey, Detroit, Charlotte or Miami. 

I like the sound of that.:thmup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

New Orleans didn't take the deal because they think they can convince Davis to stay.  Just like the Pacers thought with Paul George.

Just like San Antonio thought with Kawhi.

They ended up trading them,  didn't they?

Huh? There isn't a person/report out there that states NO is seriously trying to keep AD since he's publicly requested a trade. Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

You're ignoring the facts:  Davis has said he wants to play for a contender. Davis has said he wants to play for the Lakers and he changed his agent to LeBron's. All this tells you where he's going.

The Pelicans made a blunder turning down 4 starters and two No.1 picks.

They turned down as good a deal as they're going to get....on hope.

YOU keep ignoring that he's also publicly stated that he'd play for the Bucks, Clippers, and Knicks. Quit cherry picking your argument because your "facts" are about 20% right. So what his agent is the same as Lebron's, Paul has no power over what NO does with AD. NO holds ALL OF THAT POWER. 

Obviously, Davis' value diminishes the longer the Pelicans hold onto him.

This is  how the NBA works.  The Lakers were trading for a year and 30 games of Davis this month. After the season, everybody's trading for a year of Davis.

Their offer will be less.. You may have missed that Anthony's father said  he wont sign a deal with Boston.  The Knicks cant trade for him and have anything left to be a playoff team with him for one year.

You may have missed that his agent said he wants to play for a contender.

The value of a top-2 or 3 player NEVER diminishes. Again, you keep missing the point that AD has no choice but to go where he's traded. The Lakers deal for AD was laughable, and again if you did any research on the matter, NO publicly scoffed at that offer, laughed, and shut the door in Magic's face. What more do you have to read and see from NO to realize the offer was wasn't as good as YOU believed it to be.

It's obvious you know nothing about the Knicks financial and draft situation. And again, I could give two shts less what his agent says, because he's a NOBODY in this situation. IF AD were a FA, sure, but right now and up until AD is traded, Rich Paul has no value in this.  

20 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Huh? There isn't a person/report out there that states NO is seriously trying to keep AD since he's publicly requested a trade. Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

YOU keep ignoring that he's also publicly stated that he'd play for the Bucks, Clippers, and Knicks. Quit cherry picking your argument because your "facts" are about 20% right. So what his agent is the same as Lebron's, Paul has no power over what NO does with AD. NO holds ALL OF THAT POWER. 

The value of a top-2 or 3 player NEVER diminishes. Again, you keep missing the point that AD has no choice but to go where he's traded. The Lakers deal for AD was laughable, and again if you did any research on the matter, NO publicly scoffed at that offer, laughed, and shut the door in Magic's face. What more do you have to read and see from NO to realize the offer was wasn't as good as YOU believed it to be.

It's obvious you know nothing about the Knicks financial and draft situation. And again, I could give two shts less what his agent says, because he's a NOBODY in this situation. IF AD were a FA, sure, but right now and up until AD is traded, Rich Paul has no value in this.  

Its Mark when he gets his mind set he wont listen to any facts he just makes up his own "facts"

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Like I asked before find me another team that got a top 3 pick when they had the 13th or 14th best odds?

It didn't have to have happened before.   In this conspiracy theory, it would have only been when the Lakers or Knicks were a 13 or 14.  

The Hornets jumped 10 spots to get the 3rd pick.   -  .009% chance

The Magic jumped 10 spots to get the 1st pick -    .008% chance

I don't think that the Lakers will jump up very far, but they may go into the top 6-8.

Interesting:

the worst NBA Draft Lottery luck, by a substantial margin, is the Minnesota Timberwolves. The T-Wolves have not once managed to jump up in position via the lottery, and instead fallen back nine times.

• Like 1

A lot of good points have been made by everyone, @BleedBlu8792, we just disagree on a few things but it is all in fun. I can't stand LeBron so a part of me doesn't even mind what happened or if the Lakers lose. I will say this OKC may actually make the WCFinals this season. I still like PG and that is who the Lakers should've signed instead of LeBron mainly because of age. PG is only 28 and LeBron is 34. That is a huge difference. PG had 47 points, 12 boards, and 10 assists last night :mindblow: