Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Getting Lance back would be huge.

If the Lakers send him to New Orleans to match salaries on some kind of Anthony Davis deal, we could probably re-acquire him for a 2nd round pick..

He would have no problem adjusting to our team and our players....and we wouldn't have to play Edmund Sumner against Denver or Milwaukee or Boston (we have 2 games with each coming up) .

I just want to win one playoff series...I think its still possible if we get home court...   I thought we might go 0-4 on this road trip and we split it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

All Pacers....Myles with 19, Bogdonavich with 18

Lakers left their 'D' on the plane........

29 of 50 from the floor.......9 of 17 on 3s

LBJ has 13 but 5 turnovers...Its all good

69-46 at the half....and the crowd is as loud as I've heard it this season..:banana:

Yeah we look great tonight, playing great team ball. We are definitely out of our funk.

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

136-94........and everybody got to play

Edmund Sumner 17 points in 17 minutes

Aaron Holiday 17 in 22 minutes..

....so good to see rookies do well..

We are 35-19 ....and still the 4 seed

Without Vic it will still be tough to do anything in the playoffs but we play great team ball and have great chemistry so will still be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

If you want some comedic relief, read the conversation section of last nights game on ESPN. Laker/Lebron fans were getting trolled so bad. It seems there are some Lakers fans who are wanting Lebron gone. 

Also, I didn't watch the game, but were fans actually yelling "Lebron is going to trade you" when guys were shooting FT's? I seen in mentioned numerous times that it was being changed amongst fans during the game.

As I've said before, when Lebron is gone the NBA will be a MUCH better product. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If you want some comedic relief, read the conversation section of last nights game on ESPN. Laker/Lebron fans were getting trolled so bad. It seems there are some Lakers fans who are wanting Lebron gone. 

Also, I didn't watch the game, but were fans actually yelling "Lebron is going to trade you" when guys were shooting FT's? I seen in mentioned numerous times that it was being changed amongst fans during the game.

Yea I seen a video on the ESPN app they wer when Ingram was shooting FTs

4 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Hahaha I saw this... just hilarious.. he's gonna fire the coach and trade everyone :lol:

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Nice job Pacers.   i would have bet against you.  

I was wrong.

I hadn't had a chance to watch or listen to any sports shows.   Are they talking about this game at all?   Any Pacers love?

Pretty much about the Lakers.  Indiana is not one of the chosen teams the media likes to talk about.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pretty much about the Lakers.  Indiana is not one of the chosen teams the media likes to talk about.

I did hope to hear some praise of the Pacers and how they haven't given up even though they are shorthanded.  I hoped to hear some thoughts on how they'd do in the playoffs.

I heard no one say the Pacers cant win a playoff series.!!

I heard no one say they could!!

Nobody said anything about the Pacers at all. :dunno:It was all about the Lakers

There is still talk late Wednesday that wed' like to acquire Mike Conley from Memphis.

But I dont easily see how we can find $30 mil in contracts to send Memphis..

It would have to be some thing like Tyreke Evans ($12 mil), Doug McDermott ($7 mil) and Darren Collison ($10 mil) .

Collison and Evans are on contract that end after this season. Memphis would be rid of Conley's $32 mil tab for next season which we would then have room for with all the expiring deals we have.

Could you play Conley, Cory Joseph, Aaron Holiday and Edmund Sumner at guard the rest of the way?.  We could pick up anyone who gets bought out after the 'deal' deadline.

Mike Conley will be 32 in  October. He averages 20 points a game with six assists.

I dont think hed have any problems coming to Indiana even though he's played his entire career in Memphis.

$32 mil is a lot but this is the way a franchise like ours could acquire an all-star

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There is talk that Washington is sending Otto Porter to the Bulls for Bobby Portis and Jabari Parker

Porter makes $26 mil this year and $27 mil next year.....

Possibly the only trade in NBA history involving only players with last names starting with P.

16 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Holiday is untouchable...too young and promising

We have 6 players on expiring contacts? Why consider giving up give up a 23 year old rookie who is under contact for 3 more years? A rookie who now gets to play because of an injury at his position?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Holiday is untouchable...too young and promising

We have 6 players on expiring contacts? Why consider giving up give up a 23 year old rookie who is under contact for 3 more years? A rookie who now gets to play because of an injury at his position?

It wouldn't make very sense to trade him unless he was a piece that gets us a legit All Star to pair with Dipo. That's the only way I'd let him go. I'd like Jrue come to town talk about an athletic backcourt when Dipo gets back.  NO reportedly has no interest in moving him.  

Aaron and Sumner have shown flashes. They both look to be part of the future.  The experience those two get could be the silver lining to the Olidipo injury.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

It wouldn't make very sense to trade him unless he was a piece that gets us a legit All Star to pair with Dipo. That's the only way I'd let him go. I'd like Jrue come to town talk about an athletic backcourt when Dipo gets back.  NO reportedly has no interest in moving him.  

Aaron and Sumner have shown flashes. They both look to be part of the future.  The experience those two get could be the silver lining to the Olidipo injury.  

I think New Orleans has no interest in moving Jrue Holiday  as long as Anthony Davis is there...and that looks like the rest of this season....

…..we probably do nothing in trades...

...play the young players and see how far this group can go.

It doesnt 'feel' like we're having a great season but we are 35-19...

..and we are obviously well=coached....we are over-achieving.

……..15-13 the rest of the way makes us a 50-win team.

The LOWEST  seed we could get looks like the '5'..just like last season...

..as you suggest,  nothing wrong with keeping this group together and riding it out.

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they should be building for the future, not going into win now mode.  

I agree unless we can get Conley for a bag of chips. Meaning draft picks and maybe Evans. McDermott, and Collison so the salaries can match. Conley was as great as Dipo was when he was in his prime and still is very good. He is an Indy native and is an excellent chemistry player. He is 31 but 100% healthy. Conley is a former all-star and the combo of him and Turner to go along with Bogey, Sabonis, and Thad is intriguing. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree unless we can get Conley for a bag of chips. Meaning draft picks and maybe Evans. McDermott, and Collison so the salaries can match. Conley was as great as Dipo was when he was in his prime and still is very good. He is an Indy native and is an excellent chemistry player. He is 31 but 100% healthy. Conley is a former all-star and the combo of him and Turner to go along with Bogey, Sabonis, and Thad is intriguing. 

I don't get as excited about Conley. He was an All Star level player but at 31 years old his best basketball is clearly behind him. He's not going to make a significant difference where we end up this year. He will eat up minutes that could go to developing Holiday and Sumner.  You gotta play the kids if you want them to grow ask Chris B.  That's not even considering the 30M+ he's due the next couple of years or his long injury history.  

That deal looks like it'll be there this summer if that's the best we can do then ok. I don't see how bringing Conley in today really benefits us.  I'd rather play the youngsters sit on the cap space and see what we can do this summer

Who knows if Davis is gone NO may be more inclined to move Jrue.  I'd love to get him to Indy It might sound pretty good to him to play with his baby bro on a contender back in the East. There's always talk of the Blazers breaking up their  backcourt. CJ can ball.  There should opportunities to improve this summer and I can think of a 100 directions I'd rather go. 

...apparently..the New York Knicks will 'buy out' the remaining 1/3 year of the contract of 32-year old veteran guard Wes Matthews, who will become the newest member of the Pacers..

Matthews (6-5, 220) averages 12 points and 2 rebounds a game

....37% on 3s, 79% from the line.

Dallas traded him to the Knicks last week in the Porzingis trade

This sounds like a very strong pickup. I dont know a lot about him probably because Matthews has played his entire career in the Western Conference

He's averaged 30 minutes a game for eight years.....

..scored in double figures every year for eight years.

Wes Matthews is the only undrafted player in NBA history to make 1,500 3-point shots (really?)

I did not see this coming but apparently management did.

Multiple reports say he was released today and will be signed today..

Clearly (and thankfully) we are not giving up on this season.

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

...apparently..the New York Knicks will 'buy out' the remaining 1/3 year of the contract of 32-year old veteran guard Wes Matthews, who will become the newest member of the Pacers..

Matthews (6-5, 220) averages 12 points and 2 rebounds a game

....37% on 3s, 79% from the line.

Dallas traded him to the Knicks last week in the Porzingis trade

This sounds like a very strong pickup. I dont know a lot about him probably because Matthews has played his entire career in the Western Conference

He's averaged 30 minutes a game for eight years.....

..scored in double figures every year for eight years.

Wes Matthews is the only undrafted player in NBA history to make 1,500 3-point shots (really?)

I did not see this coming but apparently management did.

Multiple reports say he was released today and will be signed today..

Clearly (and thankfully) we are not giving up on this season.

I like it too and remember Matthews from his days in Portland. He can play 2 or 3 is a solid defender and can knock down the 3 ball.  He will definitely help us moving forward and not cost 30M a year. This was a solid move by Pritchard sends a message to the team that we are going down swinging without impacting what we can do  this off season or losing an assets. Great move man it's nice have both teams in Indy in competent hands.

• Like 1

Two things:

1. Nik Stauskas and Will Baldwin will always be Pacers and I appreciate their time with the franchise.

2. Considering the Pacers are against tanking, picking you Wesley Matthews makes a lot of sense.

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I like it too and remember Matthews from his days in Portland. He can play 2 or 3 is a solid defender and can knock down the 3 ball.  He will definitely help us moving forward and not cost 30M a year. This was a solid move by Pritchard sends a message to the team that we are going down swinging without impacting what we can do  this off season or losing an assets. Great move man it's nice have both teams in Indy in competent hands.

That's a great way of putting it

"We are going down swinging"

This is our last go-around with this particular group and now we have a chance to win at least one playoff series

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Retire their jersey numbers.

I’m still a bit confused with the trade details. Rockets sent over cash and a second pick in addition to the two players? Pacers didn’t give up anything?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

Two things:

1. Nik Stauskas and Will Baldwin will always be Pacers and I appreciate their time with the franchise.

2. Considering the Pacers are against tanking, picking you Wesley Matthews makes a lot of sense.

Can anyone explain the Baldwin and Stauskas trade to the Pacers..to me?

Houston gave us a second round draft choice with the two players who we immediately release and its worth it to them because they get under the luxury tax 'bar' and save millions.

But how could we accept the two players without sending equal contracts or picks in return?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a great way of putting it

"We are going down swinging"

This is our last go-around with this particular group and now we have a chance to win at least one playoff series

I'm glad we didn't do anything drastic like trading for Conley or trading Holiday. I believe Pritchard and Ballard know what they are doing Both teams are headed in a good direction. Gotta think Mathews ends up the starting SG 

Did you see the clip of Vic getting up shots from the training table? Love that dude. 

• Like 1