Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Lakers only had 2 Superstars when Magic played, that was Magic and Kareem. James Worthy was Great but an All-Star IMO, not a Superstar. The other guys were just good role players that were around him. 

Its like Golden State......They have 2 Superstars  ….   Curry and Durant

...and 3 very good players

the 76ers have 3 very good players...but, to me, they are not superstars

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its like Golden State......They have 2 Superstars  ….   Curry and Durant

...and 3 very good players

the 76ers have 3 very good players...but, to me, they are not superstars

Embiid could be consider a SuperStar but otherwise I agree with you, Jimmy Butler nor Ben Simmons are. 

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Embiid could be consider a SuperStar but otherwise I agree with you, Jimmy Butler nor Ben Simmons are. 

Embid's got to go some to be a super star. He hasn't been around nearly long enough and hasn't played well enough.

Victor Oladipo isn't a superstar yet.

To me, its a high bar

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Embid's got to go some to be a super star. He hasn't been around nearly long enough and hasn't played well enough.

Victor Oladipo isn't a superstar yet.

To me, its a high bar

Vic was right there too, this injury may set him back a bit. Paul George is playing like a Superstar this season but it took him a couple of years to get back to that level after his injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vic was right there too, this injury may set him back a bit. Paul George is playing like a Superstar this season but it took him a couple of years to get back to that level after his injury.

That's a good one: Paul George?  Superstar or just really good?

Does it matter what team you play for.

Could he have been a 'superstar' in Indianapolis?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a good one: Paul George?  Superstar or just really good?

Does it matter what team you play for.

Could he have been a 'superstar' in Indianapolis?

I thought in 2013 and 2014 he looked like one for us and now he is playing outstanding for OKC. I read where he had 10 3's last night. I still have not watched a game since Vic got injured but still keep up with the standings.

there has never been a more appropriate time to tank.  i dont like that im saying this, but what else can they do right now?

trade thad, bogey and doma, and move up as high as possible in the draft.  we would not win many games with whats left.  that leaves us with victor, turner and hopefully a lottery pick to build around when he comes back.

whatever we do, DONT trade next years pick.  it could be pretty high if the recovery doesn't go well, and it wont be worth much if its lottery protected 

53 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

there has never been a more appropriate time to tank.  i dont like that im saying this, but what else can they do right now?

trade thad, bogey and doma, and move up as high as possible in the draft.  we would not win many games with whats left.  that leaves us with victor, turner and hopefully a lottery pick to build around when he comes back.

whatever we do, DONT trade next years pick.  it could be pretty high if the recovery doesn't go well, and it wont be worth much if its lottery protected 

No way would I trade Sabonis, good Big's are hard to come by and he's too young to ship off. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No way would I trade Sabonis, good Big's are hard to come by and he's too young to ship off. 

would definitely want to get something decent for him.  i just think he will be the odd man out in a couple years, and thad and bogey should have trade value too as they expire 

the idea was to get a top 10 pick and grab a wing to develop while victor recovers.  a core of victor, turner and a young wing is something we can work with, while leaf and holiday should fit in with this too

Consider this trade (not a rumor..... just a thought)

We send Darren Colison ($10 mil) ), Tyreke Evans ($12.3 mil) and and our No.1 draft pick

to New Orleans for guard Jrue Holiday ($25 mil).

Holiday is signed for the next 3 years at $25,000,000....If Anthony Davis leaves, New Orleans needs to get off this contract ...

Evans and Collison are on expiring contracts ..and the Pelicans will be out of those deals in April

The No.1 pick is the value to them.

Holiday averages 21 (and 8 assists) a game but he'd score 15 or so for us...(we play a little slower)

He's a top defender, an all-star, a relatively big guard at 6-foot-4....28 years old and signed for the next 3 years at $25-$26 million...…..He may want the chance to pay with his younger brother aaron.

We might want to make this call.

Jrue Holiday is probably going somewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

we're not going to tank.

From a practical standpoint, we've already won too many games..

What we can do is hang in the Top-4 and get our playoff shot.

..and our younger players need to play some playoff games

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sabonis seems like the type that he doesn't mind what role he plays.. He is a solid chemistry player.

You're right…. Myles is signed and he's starting so I'm sure he's Okay with it

Sabonis is the one making the sacrifice and he seems okay with the 20-25 minutes he gets a night

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

You're right…. Myles is signed and he's starting so I'm sure he's Okay with it

Sabonis is the one making the sacrifice and he seems okay with the 20-25 minutes he gets a night

Once the playoffs start I will probably watch our series and maybe more, right now I am still in shock over Vic getting injured. We will still make the playoffs pretty easily because our record is alot better than the 7th and 8th seeds. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we're not going to tank.

probably not,  i just dont like where the team is headed if they stay the course.  thad is gone, i dont want to be too committed to bojan going forward either. 

they are banking heavily on victor coming back soon and 100%, and we still need another good player to go with him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

probably not,  i just dont like where the team is headed if they stay the course.  thad is gone, i dont want to be too committed to bojan going forward either. 

they are banking heavily on victor coming back soon and 100%, and we still need another good player to go with him.  

I could see dealing Thad and Bogey because they are older and yet good players we could get value for but I would keep Sabonis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Once the playoffs start I will probably watch our series and maybe more, right now I am still in shock over Vic getting injured. We will still make the playoffs pretty easily because our record is alot better than the 7th and 8th seeds. 

Yeah, I get it.

Our team is playing like they're still shocked, too. You're not missing much (anything)

…...Myles scored 27 Thursday night but we didn't have anybody to go to at the end of the game

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

all true words

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could see dealing Thad and Bogey because they are older and yet good players we could get value for but I would keep Sabonis. 

The problem with most of our players (other than Turner and Sabonis) is that they're so old we aren't going to get a No.1 draft choice for them

Nice road win...95-88

Bogdonavich with 31 ..Collison with 20

..we didnt solve all our shooting problems:

Sabonis 1-for-7,..Tyreke  0-for-7

7 of 24 on 3s....12 of 17 from the line..

.ugh..we set basketball back 20 years

But its a win on the road../

33-19 and on to New Orleans..if we go .500 the rest of the way...we're 48-34 just like last season.

Nice win....a struggle.....41 of 91 from the floor...

Myles 5 of 17

Bogdonavich 4 of 12

Evans 4 of 12...but everybody has to keep shooting

we won again on the road... and Collison was very strong...22 and 6 with no turnovers

Sabonis  16 points, 13 rebounds in 22 minutes..His best game on this trip

Coach  is force feeding Sumner and Holiday.....Obviously Sumner is far more advanced defensively than he is on offense..Unless we pick some body up...those two must play roles. Holiday scored 8 ..but he's a better shooter than he's shown

We are a wounded team but we are also a 34-19 team

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Nice win....a struggle.....41 of 91 from the floor...

Myles 5 of 17

Bogdonavich 4 of 12

Evans 4 of 12...but everybody has to keep shooting

we won again on the road... and Collison was very strong...22 and 6 with no turnovers

Sabonis  16 points, 13 rebounds in 22 minutes..His best game on this trip

Coach  is force feeding Sumner and Holiday.....Obviously Sumner is far more advanced defensively than he is on offense..Unless we pick some body up...those two must play roles. Holiday scored 8 ..but he's a better shooter than he's shown

We are a wounded team but we are also a 34-19 team

I would trade Evans and Joseph and a pick for Conley if Memphis would bite. They want to trade Conley and Gasol both to clear Salary Cap space. Evans was just with Memphis and they liked him.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The 'King' is in town Tuesday night...

Word is the Anthony Davis trade may go through soon...(but not tonight)

Ingram, Kuzma and Lonzo with a No. 1

Lance and may go to New Orleans to balance salaries

Lakers are trying to acquire Jabari parker from the Bulls

I think we beat LA.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would trade Evans and Joseph and a pick for Conley if Memphis would bite. They want to trade Conley and Gasol both to clear Salary Cap space. Evans was just with Memphis and they liked him.

We'd have to move Collison to the bench....because DC and Conley are both lead guards