Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'll do what you always do.

Point to the record.

32-20...

I thought we could get to the east finals, too..

The Oladipo injury hurts us more than The Lakers losing LeBron because we were such a balanced interdependent group. We cant replace him and even if everybody 'steps up' and lifts their game,. we cant make up for how much defensive attention he got.

I'll spare you the 'ugly' of the last 3 games.

Teams are very comfortable defensively against us now. We don't have any mismatches.

Teams don't have to switch....and we all look average. Everybody's numbers have taken a hit.

Without Oladipo and Tyreke Evans (back injury), we are asking players to be offensive factors that they have never been.

But things progress..we will find some combinations that work.

I wouldn't say we cant win one series

Quitting is an option  if you want to

This is what the NBA did to me with the Oladipo injury. I felt like a guy playing Poker with 4 Kings and betting 100,000 dollars and the Poker Gods stick it to me because some dipstick has 4 Ace's. A big kick to the nuts :thmdown:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not really a life altering event but it ruined my NBA season and I am a huge Pacers fan so it did. So just frustrated I guess and it took the fun out of it for me at least. I am sure many agree with me. 

As if the league doesn't take enough of the fun out of being a Pacers fan. the Dipo injury made it worse now I really dont give a damn about the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

As if the league doesn't take enough of the fun out of being a Pacers fan. the Dipo injury made it worse now I really dont give a damn about the season. 

I do not either. It's ashame we could not see what this group could've achieved because of a fluke injury to a world class athlete like Dipo. This team will not even be the same next season so it makes it more disappointing. Bogey and Young are both Free Agents. I doubt we could've beat the Warriors but we had a realistic chance to make the Finals which would've been awesome for the city of Indianapolis. I think making the ECFinals was at worse 50/50 because of the chemistry we had with Dipo being the Star. That still would've been exciting.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not really a life altering event but it ruined my NBA season and I am a huge Pacers fan so it did. So just frustrated I guess and it took the fun out of it for me at least. I am sure many agree with me. 

O.K., and everyone gets some time to morn, but then needs to move on.

Either their dependent on one 'star', and won't pull through this, giving the team insight on how to address the off season, or they figure out the right combo to move forward.

Now, as a public service....... close your eyes.....

R   E   L   A   X

Not being a Saints Fan...........

Spring Training..........

Your top 5 of something sports.........

Not living in Buffalo in winter...........

Not being a Cavaliers fan without LBJ..........

Not being a Bears fan..........

Unicorns...........

Snickers...........

Better?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

O.K., and everyone gets some time to morn, but then needs to move on.

Either their dependent on one 'star', and won't pull through this, giving the team insight on how to address the off season, or they figure out the right combo to move forward.

Now, as a public service....... close your eyes.....

R   E   L   A   X

Not being a Saints Fan...........

Spring Training..........

Your top 5 of something sports.........

Not living in Buffalo in winter...........

Not being a Cavaliers fan without LBJ..........

Not being a Bears fan..........

Unicorns...........

Snickers...........

Better?

Thanks man, you always have a sense of humor that cheers me up. I am just sad for the Pacers. Of course it could be worse, If I was a Saints fan that would be awful after what happened. My Cubs did get lucky against the Indians to win the WS coming back from 3-1 so why I should I complain about anything right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

they were pretty reliant on victor, they have almost no identity without him.  its going to be a wild offseason for the NBA, but who will want to come here now?  star players were not exactly  knocking down the door anyway 

34 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they were pretty reliant on victor, they have almost no identity without him.  its going to be a wild offseason for the NBA, but who will want to come here now?  star players were not exactly  knocking down the door anyway 

The NBA's been a severely flawed product for a long time, in my mind, however, I'm afraid they're making plenty of money regardless.

I really don't care for the star power system, and the tail waging the dog. They need to install a hard cap (MLB does also), and even the playing field a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

The NBA's been a severely flawed product for a long time, in my mind, however, I'm afraid they're making plenty of money regardless.

I really don't care for the star power system, and the tail waging the dog. They need to install a hard cap (MLB does also), and even the playing field a bit.

Bingo and that is exactly why I dont really care to watch much and dont care how we finish.  until the league does something my team will prolly never stand a chance at winning a title atleast with football any team can win any Sunday it's nice to see any market have a shot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Its not about fair weather we barely have a shot with the league the way it is anyone with half a brain knows we stand no chance now without Vic 

The Pacers are a very talented group of players even without Vic.

It's pretty insulting for you to say anyone with a half of brain thinks we don't have a chance without Vic. We have won quite a few games without Vic. We have won a few games even when he has been playing bad. That has been a problem for a bit before he got hurt this last time.

If you can't find something positive with this group of guys I don't know what to tell you.

Do I think we have a chance at winning a championship? No, not at all. We realistically had a very slim chance with Vic and I understand that.

They can make some noise in the playoffs but turning your back just tells me as long as they are winning you are all in. Now the sky is falling for you. Thus the fair weather comment.

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Pacers are a very talented group of players even without Vic.

It's pretty insulting for you to say anyone with a half of brain thinks we don't have a chance without Vic. We have won quite a few games without Vic. We have won a few games even when he has been playing bad. That has been a problem for a bit before he got hurt this last time.

If you can't find something positive with this group of guys I don't know what to tell you.

Do I think we have a chance at winning a championship? No, not at all. We realistically had a very slim chance with Vic and I understand that.

They can make some noise in the playoffs but turning your back just tells me as long as they are winning you are all in. Now the sky is falling for you. Thus the fair weather comment.

That's the point that's what everyone is talking about the objective is to win a championship not sure what the objective is in your world 

18 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's the point that's what everyone is talking about the objective is to win a championship not sure what the objective is in your world 

My objectivity is not turning my back on the team I am a fan of. Wallering in negativity and calling someone a half brain because they don't care to join you in your misery is not the way to handle it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

My objectivity is not turning my back on the team I am a fan of. Wallering in negativity and calling someone a half brain because they don't care to join you in your misery is not the way to handle it.

Not sure about Colts_Fan12 but with me it has nothing to do with being a fairweather fan. The Vic injury for me just deflated me, took the fun out of watching a team that could've made a long run, and the NBA in general doesn't excite me as much anymore. They need a hard cap and these players now days need to quit being soft and teaming up with their buddies to form super teams. Who wants to watch small market teams get screwed over every year and watch the Warriors win 10 Championships in a row because there is no hard cap? The Cavs are the only small market team that had the balls to go way over the cap and that is an outlier because they had LeBron and Dan Gilbert is a billionaire. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure about Colts_Fan12 but with me it has nothing to do with being a fairweather fan. The Vic injury for me just deflated me, took the fun out of watching a team that could've made a long run, and the NBA in general doesn't excite me as much anymore. They need a hard cap and these players now days need to quit being soft and teaming up with their buddies to form super teams. Who wants to watch small market teams get screwed over every year and watch the Warriors win 10 Championships in a row because there is no hard cap? The Cavs are the only small market team that had the balls to go way over the cap and that is an outlier because they had LeBron and Dan Gilbert is a billionaire. 

Exactly like I said it has nothing to do with fair weather any sensible person knows we cant win the east or even make it past the 2nd round without vic Crazy just loves to argue with me no matter what 

It gets tiresome watching your team get screwed every year cause they are a small market 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly like I said it has nothing to do with fair weather any sensible person knows we cant win the east or even make it past the 2nd round without vic Crazy just loves to argue with me no matter what 

It gets tiresome watching your team get screwed every year cause they are a small market 

So having a difference in opinion is arguing to you?  Sorry, I don't fall into your mindset of negativity.

You take all this way too serious.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Knowing Cuban he will get Durant in the summer, the Lakers are about to get AD lmao 

NBA radio talkers were saying today that the Knicks are 'certain' to get Kevin Durant and that this move was to clear cap space...

I don't agree but that 's what they were saying..

….and Kristi Porzingas does not make you a super team

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

NBA radio talkers were saying today that the Knicks are 'certain' to get Kevin Durant and that this move was to clear cap space...

They will have a very good young luka and a young KP not to mention Cuban wont stop there 

I will say this at least Durant shut his haters up by winning 2 Championships in a row when people called him a choke. It will be a 3-Peat soon :funny:. He proved his point, just group with 2 other Superstars like LeBron did in Miami and you can be in the GOAT discussion lmao . See how easy it is! LeBron never won jack until he teamed up with Wade and Bosh and some wanna give Durant crap haha . Hey if LeBron can do it we all can right? LeBron, everyone's hero ruined the league. Now lets just form Super teams HOORAY, LeBron did it so now it's ok :banana:. Anyone that thinks any of these players today are better than Jordan, Magic, or Kareem have no clue. Get a hardcap and quit cheating small market teams :scoregood:

• Like 1

In Magic's day some say he had several Superstars to play with, he did but the Lakers drafted him and drafted Micheal Cooper, James Worthy, and traded for Kareem before Magic was even there. They didn't go out together on a boat and have drinks together to form a super team. The Lakers FO created that team through Trading and Drafting, they also traded for Scott and Thompson.  

A few quick unsolicited thoughts, since I'm not a regular in this thread. It won't be nice, but I won't get too wordy about it.

If this team doesn't get a whole lot more competitive and quick (or get over the heartbreak), doing some roster churning at the deadline might be a thing that happens. I don't think anyone thought this team was bad sans Vic and it is (they some how went 8-4 earlier). They're unwatchable now- very much a bad team in the middle of an NBA regular season.

If they fell out of the playoffs and into the lottery, that might be for the best, but as it stands it's looking increasingly likely that they're a 7/8 seed that'll get swept. 

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I wouldn't be surprised if AD and Kyrie head to NY with Durant as well.

Watching Porzingas play, he virtually has the same skill set as AD, but just doesn't have the experience due to injuries. I think he can be just as good as AD. 

27 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Watching Porzingas play, he virtually has the same skill set as AD, but just doesn't have the experience due to injuries. I think he can be just as good as AD. 

AD is more than likely going to play with Lebron when he us a FA he cant go anywhere tho unless he is traded 

34 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

AD is more than likely going to play with Lebron when he us a FA he cant go anywhere tho unless he is traded 

If the Knicks have a shot at Zion, I could see NO caving and taking that pick along with the other 1sts Dallas gave the Knicks in the Porzingas trade. Hopefully NO keeps him away from the Lakers and sends him East so they don't have to see him that often. 

I still think Klay leaves GS after this season and heads to the Lakers. His dad wants him there pretty bad. 

21 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If the Knicks have a shot at Zion, I could see NO caving and taking that pick along with the other 1sts Dallas gave the Knicks in the Porzingas trade. Hopefully NO keeps him away from the Lakers and sends him East so they don't have to see him that often. 

I still think Klay leaves GS after this season and heads to the Lakers. His dad wants him there pretty bad. 

Who knows anymore the NBA is crazy anymore all we know is they will be in big markets somewhere I know AD and LBJ have the same agent 

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I dont know about Anthony Davis is New York....He could go there but why?

Porzingas can play anywhere on the floor but he's not great at anything yet.

He really hasnt been healthy  much in the NBA..

...and his rookie contract is up..can you sign him?

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In Magic's day some say he had several Superstars to play with, he did but the Lakers drafted him and drafted Micheal Cooper, James Worthy, and traded for Kareem before Magic was even there. They didn't go out together on a boat and have drinks together to form a super team. The Lakers FO created that team through Trading and Drafting, they also traded for Scott and Thompson.  

The definition of a 'superstar'. has changed, too

• Like 1