Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Man the Bucks look scary right now with Giannis becoming a great passer. I predicted him as MVP and if he keeps averaging a 27 16 and 6, he'll definitely be in the conversation.

Many people I know thought I was pushing it having the Bucks as the third seed... they may finish even higher.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Man the Bucks look scary right now with Giannis becoming a great passer. I predicted him as MVP and if he keeps averaging a 27 16 and 6, he'll definitely be in the conversation.

Many people I know thought I was pushing it having the Bucks as the third seed... they may finish even higher.

Yeah your Bucks pick may pan out, I think I had them as a 5 or 6 Seed I have to go back and look. They are a talented team and Giannis is a Great player.

-In other news, the Lakers got their 1st win and guess who led them to it? That's right, Lance with 23 Points on 10-14 shooting with 8 Assists and 8 Rebounds.

• Like 1

The NBA season is so young, nothing really makes sense yet. But I'm happy it's here. Just drafted my fantasy basketball team, so I'm hyped!

The Raptors and Kawhi are looking pretty dang good.

The Thunder can't get into the W column.

LeBron IS whatever team he's on. But it's going to be much much tougher in the West.

Curry at 30 going on 31. Shows no signs of slowing down.

Poor Cleveland..back to the basement.. NOW!

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The NBA season is so young, nothing really makes sense yet. But I'm happy it's here. Just drafted my fantasy basketball team, so I'm hyped!

The Raptors and Kawhi are looking pretty dang good.

The Thunder can't get into the W column.

LeBron IS whatever team he's on. But it's going to be much much tougher in the West.

Curry at 30 going on 31. Shows no signs of slowing down.

Poor Cleveland..back to the basement.. NOW!

When you have George tossing up 8-10 3's a game and Russ shooting blanks all over the place, I wouldn't expect much from OKC. I'm dead serious when I say this, but I'm glad PG is gone. An athletic 6'10 guy who wants to sit around the 3 point line for ~50% of his shots, is beyond frustrating. Sure, he'll have a night here and there where he'll shoot well, but that's so few and far between. He can fade and die off in the West since that's where he wanted to be. 

Tyreke Evans won't be playing the game against Cleveland tomorrow because he was late for practice.

I'm glad we don't take these instances lightly, and I'm glad that everyone is handling it respectfully. When I heard Tyreke Evans missed practice for personal reasons, I thought it was much worse than this.

• Like 2

We shot very well tonight but if we have as bad a game rebounding as this against better teams we will get crushed.

We also should be looking for more threes. We shoot way too well to only attempt 10-12 a game when there are players that shoot 12 a game by themselves. We'll get shot out of the gym.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Tyreke Evans won't be playing the game against Cleveland tomorrow because he was late for practice.

I'm glad we don't take these instances lightly, and I'm glad that everyone is handling it respectfully. When I heard Tyreke Evans missed practice for personal reasons, I thought it was much worse than this.

I was wondering why he didn't play. Now I know. Evans handled it with class too :thmup:

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:46 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was wondering why he didn't play. Now I know. Evans handled it with class too :thmup:

Almost sounded like he was like....dang!!! this team takes this stuff serious! Of course after playing on the horrible teams he has played for in the past...he is now seeing what a winning culture is all about lol!

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Bluefire4 said:

So Lance having another good game right now. He has taken over the 4th quarter for the Lakers. It looked like the Nuggets were going to pull away, but he scored two threes in a row and then got an assist to LeBron on a 12-2 run.

Lance I just can't see him making it through the whole season in LA. I just get the feeling he will go off the rails and Lebron will make them move him. He just loves to show boat and go all crazy dribbles etc and throw up terrible shots. Now granted he actually has shot well so far this season.....SO FAR...but we all know Lance is not a high percentage shooter...and eventually all this "Lance make them dance!" stuff will get old when he starts clanking jumpers. I mean I saw him come down last night after hitting a shot and on 3 consecutive possessions he did his dribble show and bricked two shots and turned it over on the 3rd.....he may be a fan favorite but I'm pretty sure his act will grow old lol.

• Like 1

Down two at halftime to the Knicks. Hardaway has been difficult to contain and we still can't hit free throws.

It makes no sense to me that Sabonis can come in and get 15 points and 7 rebounds in 7 minutes and they sit him on the bench for the rest of the half. I really didn't get that at all. 

46 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Down two at halftime to the Knicks. Hardaway has been difficult to contain and we still can't hit free throws.

It makes no sense to me that Sabonis can come in and get 15 points and 7 rebounds in 7 minutes and they sit him on the bench for the rest of the half. I really didn't get that at all. 

Because he had 3 fouls.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sabonis is only in his 3rd year. His best days are still ahead.

The Pacers came out so far ahead in the George trade it's almost a joke.

Just having those 2 players who want to be Pacers makes all the difference in the world.

Yep. Kevin Pritchard should be up for GM of the decade for that trade. Sabonis is starting to play like an all-star and Vic is one. Vic is a Superstar IMO.