Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Terrific D in the first quarter ending with Edmund Sumner coming right in the game and blocking a 3 at the buzzer. 

TJ Leaf went down about a minute after he got in the game so hopefully he is OK.

Edit: Looks like TJ sprained his ankle and is questionable to return.

They basically let the bench play the whole second quarter because of the flow they had. Need to get out to the 3 point line better. Everyone's playing well right now except for Collison. 17-point lead at half.

Sabonis played 16 of 24 minutes and had 10 points and 9 rebounds.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Rockets are getting their butts kicked man. I'm considering changing my MVP pick after one game. If AD stays healthy, it'll be hard not to give him the award.

I almost chose AD as well when I did my predictions but I just don't think the Pelicans will finish in the Top 4 in the West is why I didn't. Voters always look at teams wins and losses. Not sure what is going on in Houston tonight though? They are getting smoked at home!

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

No looking at the stats for Myles tonight. He was freaking terrific. Still one of the best rim protectors in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

No looking at the stats for Myles tonight. He was freaking terrific. Still one of the best rim protectors in the league. 

Yeah his Defense is priceless and doesn't show up in the BoxScores unless he gets alot of Blocks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I almost chose AD as well when I did my predictions but I just don't think the Pelicans will finish in the Top 4 in the West is why I didn't. Voters always look at teams wins and losses. Not sure what is going on in Houston tonight though? They are getting smoked at home!

Wasn't Harden out? 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Wasn't Harden out? 

They missed shots...a lot of 3's. You live by the jumper you die by the jumper....they have no defense too!! They got rid of their two best defenders in Moute and Ariza and now have only one way to play...run and gun. They went from a defensive efficient team to the 2008 Phoenix Suns in an off-season....they won't win anything!

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Well I figured they'd wait until the offseason to re-sign Myles so they could have more money to sign a max free agent.

Either way good for Myles and hopefully he can stay healthy and have a better showing in the regular season than he did in the preseason.

Also with the recent news of McMillan saying that Turner and Sabonis cannot play together effectively, I see Sabonis being traded early next season.

Not really. Myles has a very attractive contract. 18 million may sound like a lot...until you realize he is making half of what John Wall is. Sabonis is under contract to til 2020 so we have plenty of time to re-sign him. We basically got Myles before he could hit the market and get a crazy offer we didn't want to have to meet. I think it's dumb we don't play them together at all.....doesn't mean they have to start together but they can compliment each other very well. Either way we can certainly sign both. We got a discount on Myles but we limit the amount of cap space we will have next offseason. That said we still have enough for a max contract plus to bring back a few bench guys. Given that so many teams have max money open next year I think the most likely scenario for us is to make a move by trade next offseason...as teams try to open up cap space or get under the tax threshold. To me this is a good thing. Young, Joseph, Collison, Bogs and Evans all come off the books next year so we have plenty of space to maneuver. Locking Turner in under 20 million is a win in our book. Puts him in the middle of the pack for Centers in the NBA....very affordable contract on a good shooting rim protector who is only 21!

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not really. Myles has a very attractive contract. 18 million may sound like a lot...until you realize he is making half of what John Wall is. Sabonis is under contract to til 2020 so we have plenty of time to re-sign him. We basically got Myles before he could hit the market and get a crazy offer we didn't want to have to meet. I think it's dumb we don't play them together at all.....doesn't mean they have to start together but they can compliment each other very well. Either way we can certainly sign both. We got a discount on Myles but we limit the amount of cap space we will have next offseason. That said we still have enough for a max contract plus to bring back a few bench guys. Given that so many teams have max money open next year I think the most likely scenario for us is to make a move by trade next offseason...as teams try to open up cap space or get under the tax threshold. To me this is a good thing. Young, Joseph, Collison, Bogs and Evans all come off the books next year so we have plenty of space to maneuver. Locking Turner in under 20 million is a win in our book. Puts him in the middle of the pack for Centers in the NBA....very affordable contract on a good shooting rim protector who is only 21!

The highest Myles Turner could even get next year was $25 million per year. He was never going to get the $30-$40 million that some max guys get. You can only get that on your second contract.

We will still have over $40 million next year to go into free agency, so we could easily sign Sabonis and have enough to get a max player. However, neither Myles or Sabonis can guard stretch 4s. Sam Decker on the Cavs was driving right past Sabonis in the preseason.

Sabonis is a huge impact on the team and Pritchard did say he seems him as part of our future, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be paying someone $18 million to come off the bench. 

On 10/20/2018 at 12:18 AM, Bluefire4 said:

The highest Myles Turner could even get next year was $25 million per year. He was never going to get the $30-$40 million that some max guys get. You can only get that on your second contract.

We will still have over $40 million next year to go into free agency, so we could easily sign Sabonis and have enough to get a max player. However, neither Myles or Sabonis can guard stretch 4s. Sam Decker on the Cavs was driving right past Sabonis in the preseason.

Sabonis is a huge impact on the team and Pritchard did say he seems him as part of our future, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be paying someone $18 million to come off the bench. 

I wouldn’t worry about Dekker I mean he is a sf..stretch 4 ehh we could abuse him in the post if we chose to. I know 18 million sounds like a lot but remember Ian Mahimi? He is making 16 million thru 2020. Paying both Sabonis and Turner 18-20 both very tradable contracts if necessary and having a their bigs locked up to go next to Dipo....that would leave them close to max money to find a Robin next to Dipo’s Batman. I like having both and either coming off the bench makes a great plus to run pick and roll with. We’ve struggled for so many years not having scoring on the bench...now with Evans and Sabonis...that’s a big plus to me.

Bad defense all night. It just seems like they won every one on one battle in that 4th quarter. Myles Turner cannot play this weak offensively. He's gotta improve either in the post or on the pick n roll or it will be useless to run plays for him.

Oladipo should have shot 12-15 free throws tonight. No calls for the Pacers at the rim and the Timberwolves got everything. Awful officiating. Though with the way Oladipo is shooting at the free throw line right now it wouldn't matter. 

I'm not worried about the team overall. They'll be able to get the 4 or 5 seed as expected. We weren't a good road team last year and we are not off to a good start this year. Hopefully we can get one of the next two at San Antonio or at Cleveland.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, this is a loss. So far 2-2 is ok though, only 4 games in. Vic is playing just as good as last year so far, Bogey has been shooting the ball really well so far too. If we can the majority of our home games which I think we will, we will win 50 games. I can see 33-8 at home and winning around 17 on the road.

It's very important to get home court during the playoffs. We need it.