Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Meat & Potatoes Draft rebuilding

horseshoecrabs

I know that everyone has an opinion & is passionate about who they want in the draft but, please give it a chance to let it unfold before you  make a rational post. a lot of the positional players were addressed in the draft even if it was not who you preferred. We are rebuilding and being  Super bowl  contenders is not going to happen or even playoff contenders. That being said we as fans need to  rally behind our  management  picks and embrace them until other wise down the road proved otherwise. We have helped our QB in the draft by rebuilding our line regardless who is the QB  If the devil's advocate  fan's want to roast the picks , that's their right. Just remember, In my job people all the time ask me questions about things relating to my company. They say well on the internet they say this is what  I heard on the the internet. And I say well if you want the answer then ask me , I work for the company. My point is don't always go for the  popular  choice  according to what is considered   fashionably the choice to go, with the masses. You have  a god given talent  to be  objective please exercise that right

• Like 2

I agree with you about giving the draftees a chance to pan out. But I know as well as many on this board do also, with the right coaching and vision a healthy Luck led team is always a playoff contender. So I'll always feel we are one solid signing on Defense away from competing for afc south. It's harder than ever before but can be done. I think if all our secondary is healthy and coached well they are one of the youngest best groups out there. Hooker, Geathers, and Fairley are game changers. Wilson looked like a solid starter when on the field. If Eberflus finds a good rushing scheme our secondary will do damage.

7 hours ago, TouchdownMonkey said:

I believe if we signed a solid veteran MLB to be the leader of this young D they could be sleeper D the rest of the League doesn't see coming.

Still weak at CB and still have some needs at LB.  But I see a foundation coming together of a defense that can at the very least always give Andrew Luck a chance to win. 

• Like 1