Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft 2.0

Signings: Evan Mathis, Tom Zbikowksi, Kelvin Hayden, Marques Colston, Jeff Saturday, Phillip Wheeler, Jacob Tamme, Aubrayo Franklin

Departures: Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Tyler Brayton, Ryan Diem, Eric Foster, Mike Pollak, Ernie Sims, Joesph Addai, Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt

Restructure: Peyton Manning(I don't think he will and leave), Dallas Clark

Franchise Tag: Robert Mathis

Trade: Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for their 41st and 105st picks

1.1: Andrew Luck QB Stanford (No explanation needed)

2.34: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers (great replacement for Garcon as #2 receiver and will be a #1 option in the NFL one day)

2.41 (TRADE): Kendall Reyes DE/DT Connecticut (starting 3-4 DE, had a great senior bowl and combine)

3.65: Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt (Our CBs were so bad it was embarrassing last year)

4.97: Jonathan Massaquoi OLB/DE Troy (With Freeney gone we need a 3-4 OLB, and him and Mathis can be deadly)

4.105 (TRADE): Joe Adams WR/KR (Another weapon for Luck to throw to, and he will be explosive on ST for us)

4.comp: Audie Cole ILB North Carolina State (Not 100% sold on Conner being a 3-4 ILB, Cole can become a very good starter if he adds some bulk)

5.128: Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinnati (Another 3-4 DE, I love his never ending motor)

6.161: Michael Brewster C Ohio State (Once considered the 2nd best center in this draft, Brewster had a bad season and his stock has fallen significantly. If Saturday can mentor him for a year or 2 before he retires, Brewster can unlock that potential he has.)

6.comp: Nicolas Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor (destroyed O-Lineman on the 1-on-1 drills, Franklin is only a short term answer and I like Jean-Baptiste's potential)

7.191: Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB (He was supposed to be drafted in the top 10, but injuries and immaturity knocked his draft stock all the way down to the 7th round. I'd like to see if Manusky and Pagano can get his life back in order and make him the steal of the draft.

UDFA: Cliff Harris, Omar Bolden, Chris Owusu

I like the draft a lot other than your first two fourth rounders. Not a fan of Adams (would prefer Marvin Jones/Mcnutt/Posey) and Don't know much about Massaquoi. It looks like we used the tag on Mathis already but only to lock him up while they work out a long term deal on him. Also, I don't think we sign E. Mathis, Colston, and Franklin...maybe two of the three but even then I don't know if we can afford them if we keep Manning and take Freeney's cap hit from that trade.

I like the draft a lot other than your first two fourth rounders. Not a fan of Adams (would prefer Marvin Jones/Mcnutt/Posey) and Don't know much about Massaquoi. It looks like we used the tag on Mathis already but only to lock him up while they work out a long term deal on him. Also, I don't think we sign E. Mathis, Colston, and Franklin...maybe two of the three but even then I don't know if we can afford them if we keep Manning and take Freeney's cap hit from that trade.

Depends how much they think they're worth. I think Colston and Mathis can come in for a pretty good price, and since we're losing Wayne and Garcon we should have some money to throw at WR's anyways. I only want Franklin for dirt cheap, he's not worth anything more than that.

And if you watch highlights of Joe Adams, he's incredible.

Signings: Evan Mathis, Tom Zbikowksi, Kelvin Hayden, Marques Colston, Jeff Saturday, Phillip Wheeler, Jacob Tamme, Aubrayo Franklin

Departures: Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Tyler Brayton, Ryan Diem, Eric Foster, Mike Pollak, Ernie Sims, Joesph Addai, Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt

Restructure: Peyton Manning(I don't think he will and leave), Dallas Clark

Franchise Tag: Robert Mathis

Trade: Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for their 41st and 105st picks

1.1: Andrew Luck QB Stanford (No explanation needed)

2.34: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers (great replacement for Garcon as #2 receiver and will be a #1 option in the NFL one day)

2.41 (TRADE): Kendall Reyes DE/DT Connecticut (starting 3-4 DE, had a great senior bowl and combine)

3.65: Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt (Our CBs were so bad it was embarrassing last year)

4.97: Jonathan Massaquoi OLB/DE Troy (With Freeney gone we need a 3-4 OLB, and him and Mathis can be deadly)

4.105 (TRADE): Joe Adams WR/KR (Another weapon for Luck to throw to, and he will be explosive on ST for us)

4.comp: Audie Cole ILB North Carolina State (Not 100% sold on Conner being a 3-4 ILB, Cole can become a very good starter if he adds some bulk)

5.128: Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinnati (Another 3-4 DE, I love his never ending motor)

6.161: Michael Brewster C Ohio State (Once considered the 2nd best center in this draft, Brewster had a bad season and his stock has fallen significantly. If Saturday can mentor him for a year or 2 before he retires, Brewster can unlock that potential he has.)

6.comp: Nicolas Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor (destroyed O-Lineman on the 1-on-1 drills, Franklin is only a short term answer and I like Jean-Baptiste's potential)

7.191: Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB (He was supposed to be drafted in the top 10, but injuries and immaturity knocked his draft stock all the way down to the 7th round. I'd like to see if Manusky and Pagano can get his life back in order and make him the steal of the draft.

UDFA: Cliff Harris, Omar Bolden, Chris Owusu

Paige-Moss does have the skills and talent he just needs to be put in line. And with Manusky, Pagano, Mathis, and Freeney on the team i think these guys could whip him into shape.

He is certainly fast and elusive lol. But highlight tapes are just that...highlight tapes, they don't show the player's weaknesses. It's just in the two (or at least I think it was two) games that I watched Arkansas, Jarius Wright stood out to me as the better receiver. No doubt Adams is a talented returner and perhaps the Colts need a home run hitter at reciever, I just am a little lower on Adams than most I guess.

He is certainly fast and elusive lol. But highlight tapes are just that...highlight tapes, they don't show the player's weaknesses. It's just in the two (or at least I think it was two) games that I watched Arkansas, Jarius Wright stood out to me as the better receiver. No doubt Adams is a talented returner and perhaps the Colts need a home run hitter at reciever, I just am a little lower on Adams than most I guess.

I second that. Jarius Wright or A.J.Jenkins of Illinois (who I doubt will fall to round 4 based on all that I have heard, read and seen about him) would be great at round 4.

AJ Jenkins would be very solid in the 4th round but I think he'll be taken in the 3rd. I'm just thinking that Sanu and Colston will be our #1 and #2 receivers for a long time and Joe Adams will be an explosive slot WR and then you throw Collie into the mix and you have a very good receiving corp.

Like the picks except for Cole, Brewster and Sanu. I liked Sanu before he looked slow and stiff at the combine. I still don't think we should trade Freeney and doubt we would even get that much for him. Doubt Reyes will last that long but this would be a great draft.

Like the picks except for Cole, Brewster and Sanu. I liked Sanu before he looked slow and stiff at the combine. I still don't think we should trade Freeney and doubt we would even get that much for him. Doubt Reyes will last that long but this would be a great draft.

I heard somewhere that coaches don't really care that much about the combine, Sanu is really fast and athletic on the field which is what's important. I've heard a lot of great things about Sanu.