Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*** Colts UDFA Tracker ***

MTC

19 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I like Barrett a lot, he'll be a good 3rd string QB for now, and possible insurance to Brissett as we learn how Luck recovers.

0.0009% chance that JT Barrett is on our or any other 53 man roster when the season begins. Barrett is not an NFL caliber QB. Yes he had a pretty stellar career at Ohio St but that is mostly him being a product of Urban Meyer's system. I would have rather given Richard Lagow a tryout than Barrett. Atleast Lagow has an NFL arm. I almost lost my mind that when I saw that we are given Barrett a tryout. Shortly after I saw the news, my phone blew up with texts from my friends that are Ohio St fans. They all had the same reaction I had. They hated Barrett and thought he was the third best QB on the OSU roster behind Burrows and Haskins (I've had to hear about it for the last couple of college seasons). The only thing Barrett offers an NFL team, is maybe leading them in team prayer before a game.

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

After reading what our scouts have said I could actually see both 'Cuse boys making the team. 

I don't know much about Franklin but every time I turned a Cuse game on, Ishmael was making a contested grab. I love this pickup and would be shocked if he didn't make the team. I actually like him more than Deon Cain. I've been watching Cain play since he was in high school and always thought he played smaller than his size. Cain is a track guy to me and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he didn't make the team. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I don't know much about Franklin but every time I turned a Cuse game on, Ishmael was making a contested grab. I love this pickup and would be shocked if he didn't make the team. I actually like him more than Deon Cain. I've been watching Cain play since he was in high school and always thought he played smaller than his size. Cain is a track guy to me and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he didn't make the team. 

Read up on what they say about Franklin.  You'll see what I'm talking about. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Read up on what they say about Franklin.  You'll see what I'm talking about. 

Yea, I meant to say "didn't know". After they took him I did some research and watched some of his highlights. I would say I'm optimistic on Franklin. His highlights looked solid but they were "highlights". I watched a condensed version game of him vs Louisville and he looked lost and out of place a lot but I think most college LBs did against Lamar Jackson lol.

19 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Yea, I meant to say "didn't know". After they took him I did some research and watched some of his highlights. I would say I'm optimistic on Franklin. His highlights looked solid but they were "highlights". I watched a condensed version game of him vs Louisville and he looked lost and out of place a lot but I think most college LBs did against Lamar Jackson lol.

Our scouts really like him as a middle linebacker.  A little undersized but fast and a sold hitter and tackler.  I think Morrison could have trouble making this team. 

49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Our scouts really like him as a middle linebacker.  A little undersized but fast and a sold hitter and tackler.  I think Morrison could have trouble making this team. 

I think I'm in the minority but I think Morrison will be the starting MIKE this season. From the limited amount of tape I've seen on the two rookie MIKEs we drafted, I don't think either diagnose a play as well as Morrison does.

4 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I think I'm in the minority but I think Morrison will be the starting MIKE this season. From the limited amount of tape I've seen on the two rookie MIKEs we drafted, I don't think either diagnose a play as well as Morrison does.

Correct.  I think you are in the minority. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Obviously, drafting 11 guys makes it tougher for a UDFA to make the final 53.

Very true under normal circumstances.....but when a new FO and coaching staff are put in place they draft and sign "thier" guys. There are still 21 holdovers from the previous regime that *could* be cut still.

13 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Most on here know I am a 'Cuse homer but I really think Steve Ishmael has a chance to make the roster.

I watched a couple highlight videos now and it was surprising to see how many corners he beat that were drafted this past weekend.

Mediocre 40 time BUT still ran away from people a few times. 

Seems like a good possession receiver that runs solid routes with a little juice to him every now and then. 6'2" and 209.....reminds me of Chad Johnson a little bit!??! Strong hands....

• Thanks 1

Really weird to me that Scales went undrafted with all his numbers and was the clear leader of IU's defense yet Covington got drafted by the Cowboys.  Could their be some off-field stuff that caused him to fall off the board?  Wish we coulda picked him up.

7 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Your high he isnt starting Anthony Walker Jr is getting that Morrison can't even cover this defense the lbs must know how to cover

5 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

can we get a full list of every UDFA please

According to ColtsWire:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/28/2018-nfl-draft-indianapolis-colts-undrafted-rookie-free-agent-scorecard/

Rumored Signings

Michael Badgley, K, Michigan (link)

Robert Jackson, DB, UNLV (link)

Tomasi Laulile, DT, BYU (link)

Chris Cooper, DB, Stony Brook (link)

Joshua Outlaw, OL, Louisiana Tech (link)

Steve Ishmael, WR, Syracuse (link)

J.P. Quinn, OL, Central Michigan (link)

Henre’ Toliver, DB, Arkansas (link)

Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina (link)

Will Ossai, LB, San Jose State (link)

George Odum, CB, Central Arkansas (link)

Rumored mini-camp tryouts:

Mike Basile, DB, Monmouth (link)

J.T. Barrett, QB, Ohio State (link)

Boone Myers, OL, Iowa (link)

Kellen Soulek, DT, SDSU (link)

Antoine Miles, DT, Purdue (link)

Brandon Schindler, OL, Bemidji State (link)

Zach Duffy, OL, Lehigh (link)

Myles Nash, DE/TE, Rutgers (link)

Justin Spence, OL, Youngstown State (link)

Jared Machorro, OL, Texas A&M-Commerce (link)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Douzer said:

According to ColtsWire:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/28/2018-nfl-draft-indianapolis-colts-undrafted-rookie-free-agent-scorecard/

Rumored Signings

Michael Badgley, K, Michigan (link)

Robert Jackson, DB, UNLV (link)

Tomasi Laulile, DT, BYU (link)

Chris Cooper, DB, Stony Brook (link)

Joshua Outlaw, OL, Louisiana Tech (link)

Steve Ishmael, WR, Syracuse (link)

J.P. Quinn, OL, Central Michigan (link)

Henre’ Toliver, DB, Arkansas (link)

Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina (link)

Will Ossai, LB, San Jose State (link)

George Odum, CB, Central Arkansas (link)

Rumored mini-camp tryouts:

Mike Basile, DB, Monmouth (link)

J.T. Barrett, QB, Ohio State (link)

Boone Myers, OL, Iowa (link)

Kellen Soulek, DT, SDSU (link)

Antoine Miles, DT, Purdue (link)

Brandon Schindler, OL, Bemidji State (link)

Zach Duffy, OL, Lehigh (link)

Myles Nash, DE/TE, Rutgers (link)

Justin Spence, OL, Youngstown State (link)

Jared Machorro, OL, Texas A&M-Commerce (link)

thanks 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:26 AM, Indy1996 said:

Your high he isnt starting Anthony Walker Jr is getting that Morrison can't even cover this defense the lbs must know how to cover

Neither Morrison or Walker are getting anyone excited about being the starting MIKE, but unfortunately they are our two best options right now. Morrison is better against the run and Walker is better against the pass but neither is really even average at either. Maybe one of the rookies can steal the job but at the moment I wouldn't bet on it. I've always liked Skai Moore but he is pretty light and could stand to throw on 10-15lbs.