Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

87 Rostered Players prior to UDFA

With the addition of Cain - who is the more polished route runner of the two - and Fountain (and Himes to a certain degree) to add to TY, Rogers and Grant I can see where a few cuts will be coming from soon, looking at you where none likely survive:

Dres Anderson

KJ Brent

Krishawn Hogan 

Seantavious Jones

Justice Liggins

Kolby Listenbee

DeAndre Smelter

James Wright

Also, with Himes and Wilkins in the fold to compliment Mack the writing is on the wall for these guys too....only 1 likely survives:

Josh Ferguson

Matt Jones 

Christine Michael

Robert Turbin

13 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

IDK about that. If the season started today, Morrison or Walker would likely be the starting MIKE

IMO, Morrison doesn't have the coverage ability needed for MIKE in a Tampa 2. I think Walker or George could start.

36 minutes ago, Shive said:

I could also see us cut a LB or 2, especially a guy like Morrison that doesn't fit the mold of player for the new scheme.

I think Morrison gets cut in camp at the cut downs....   I don't see a reason to cut him down now...    you need 90 guys on a roster anyway...    we can wait until August and September for some of these decisions...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yesterday.. Ballard said he'd expect roughly 10-12 free agent signings today...

So some players currently on the roster are about to be trimmed.

Wow, ballard is really trying to turn over this roster!

4 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Wow, ballard is really trying to turn over this roster!

For what it's worth...    I think the max you can sign is 20...  and most teams take 15-20..  

We'll find out our number likely before the night is out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

I am curious if Ballard and co. like our corners that are on the team already.....Not a single DB drafted by the colts this year. I seriously thought, Oliver or Jackson would have been drafted by us in the 2nd round. 

The funny thing is that Quentin Meeks, Holton Hill and Kameron Kelly all are available and were draftable that all fit the size, scheme and 2+ skills that CB likes....

15 minutes ago, Tracy Denton said:

Don't give up on Hogan !! I think he can be a good player for us when he is healthy.

Practice Squad more than likely, but yes, I still like him Marine!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now