Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson Traded To Jets

Case

15 hours ago, PowerballBlue said:

I loved Anderson.  I hope he is awesome for the Bills.  At the same time, I'm exited about a faster defense.  No more clunky linebackers struggling in space, and waves of fast defenders attacking the gaps.  For those who question a drastic scheme change, it is not like we were a piece away from making the 3-4 work.  Now was the perfect time to make the switch.  Overall, I felt this draft was offense heavy, and with our picks the Oline got nastier, our running backs got faster, and we increased our speed overall.  I'm going to like a faster offense and defense.  We will be more aggressive on both sides.  Best of luck to you Henry.

He was traded to the jets

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your paragraph about run stuffers is literally 100 percent false.   Completely wrong.    

The schemes are different...

The responsibilities are different...

The players are different...   their bodies are different...    

Most players can not play in either defense...   it's one or the other.   Some can, but not many.   Players who can are more the exception to the rule.  They are not normal.

You're fighting a losing fight here.... 

Lol, the stats don't even back up his lack of being able to play....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeHe00.htm

Nothing supports him being part of the current team.....

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Moncrief might still be here if he stsyed healthy and produced

I really like Moncrief he had a fluke year in my opinion. Now he's in Jacksonville were they drafted DJ Chark at wr the guy I wanted instead of Turay. Jacksonville could have the best wr corp is football next year.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:37 PM, needanoline63 said:

This is very upsetting. For a 7th round pick? Un freakin believable

Do you think they had a trade lined up for a 5th round pick but passed for the 7th?

They got something for him.  The other option was simply to cut him and get nuttin.  Instead they got something for a guy who no longer fit for what they wanted to do.  

• Like 1

I read this entire thread as a reminder of why I discuss football elsewhere, outside of dabbling in the draft sub. 

People losing their mind over a player that can't stay healthy and has no upside in the new scheme. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Steichen said he(Steichen)was a defensive assistant early in his career and it gave him more insight as an offensive coach.   Something to that affect.
    • What an amazing trade that would be for Indy!
    • The closer we are getting to the draft the more I see Turner being projected outside the top 10. Still, Latu is a gamble - he was medically retired after his sophomore season and told he would never play football again due to a neck injury, Transferred to UCLA and was eventually cleared. He just seems like the type of player who has the goods, but will fall in the draft due to health concerns.
    • There's a lot of analysis to be done here, IMO. I don't know all the answers, but some questions that should be addressed are what's the difference between the success rate of a first round pick and that of a second/third round pick, historically? How do you value that difference? I think I've seen stats that say first rounders are starters at a higher rate than other rounds, but is that influenced by the bias of the team that drafted the player in the first round? (Probably.) It's probably fair to say that the players taken in the first round are more likely to be difference makers than the players taken later, but I think there are position groups where the difference is negligible, and I think WR is one of them.   And then, if you get into a climate where everyone is selling in the first round, then the value probably flips at some point.    Also, I don't necessarily think of the draft as a crap shoot. Yes, it's arbitrary, but I think some front offices are good at drafting, and some are bad at drafting; but the difference isn't as wide as general perception would indicate. And there are lots of dependent variables -- coaching, health, etc. -- that influence the outcome of each pick.    I do think more picks is the way to go to maximize value. But to build the best roster? That's a different arm of the discussion. Like you said later on, we've been trading down, and we don't have a great roster.    You also make a good point about the rookie contract vs trading for an established player, and that's not to be ignored. But my point is that if you're going to base your appetite for risk on your level of conviction in the player, I'd rather take the big swing on the established player than on a draft prospect, despite the difference in contract status. The ideal mix is to target a second or third year WR so you can at least get some of the rookie contract. Ballard reportedly asked for Jaylen Waddle and Christian Watson last year. 
  • Members

• Boss7894

Boss7894 177

• MFT5

MFT5 325

• cjwhiskers

cjwhiskers 842

• Nadine

Nadine 8,117

Administrators
    • Solid84

Solid84 6,516