Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson Traded To Jets

Case

I think as fans we tend to overvalue players. Besides for a good rookie year (cut short from injury anyways), he hasn't done a whole lot. We saw his potential but he was fighting an uphill battle with the scheme change. Sucks to see him leave but it was going to happen in camp or next year in free agency anyways. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Henry Anderson is a talented player we just gave away regardless of scheme fit..Some of these moves boggle my mind..We had a chance to really kill this draft..Hopefully I'm wrong..At this point I tgink I'd rather have Grigson with a good coach who can develop players..

yep and that kind of thinking is the reason were in this boat right now instead of getting epic players

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Henry Anderson is a talented player we just gave away regardless of scheme fit..Some of these moves boggle my mind..We had a chance to really kill this draft..Hopefully I'm wrong..At this point I tgink I'd rather have Grigson with a good coach who can develop players..

The same GM who drafted DE Bjoern Werner, WR Phillip Dorset, and traded a first for RB Trent Richardson. No Thanks!  I would bet anybody a pizza that our brand new RBs in the 2018 draft will out produce Trent Richardson. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

could have gotten more value. Henrys worth more than what you can get out of a 7th rounder

He is definitely worth more to the Colts than a 7th rounder. Would have rather gotten back a player who has some upside. 

He may not have been a perfect scheme fit in a 4-3 but he was never even given a chance. He's a hard worker and smart guy. I have little doubt he would have done well here.

I'm very disappointed in this trade. Unless we hit the lottery the player we get at 235 will pale in comparison.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

He may not have been a perfect scheme fit in a 4-3 but he was never even given a chance. He's a hard worker and smart guy. I have little doubt he would have done well here.

I'm very disappointed in this trade. Unless we hit the lottery the player we get at 235 will pale in comparison.

I am disappointed too to give up a player who did everything he could to play in this scheme by losing the weight. Trading him later would have been fine but not giving him a chance is what bothers me. If you play him this year and he plays well enough, we could still trade him for a better pick. I am not so sure our DL is that much of a play making unit that we can afford to keep losing Hankins, Anderson etc. and still make plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

What has Henry Anderson done do warrant something more than a 7th rounder? I like they guy but he was a shell of his rookie season. 

Colts fans tend to overate their own players. He was a bad fit in the 4-3 and was probably going to be cut. 

He might get hurt on the flight to NY.....

1 minute ago, TouchdownMonkey said:

Wow loose both of our best DL men due to scheme fit. Something is stinking ing here. Your telling me Hankins and Anderson can't adjust. SMH 2 best players and 1 7th round pick to show for it Ballard is worse than Grigson.

Watch out crazycolt is gonna flip out about your opinion.

• Like 1

Wow loose both of our best DL men due to scheme fit. Something is stinking ing here. Your telling me Hankins and Anderson can't adjust. SMH 2 best players and 1 7th round pick to show for it Ballard is worse than Grigson.

"Ballard is worse than Grigson" :lol:. I guess it only took a little over a year for him to where out his welcome with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MTC said:

For those complaining, it shows you that he was going to be cut after the draft. Better to pick up something rather than nothing. 

You are right, but he had lost weight so he could play all positions on the line, but obviously the plan didn't call for someone of his talent level in this new rotational d-line concept.  I hope the people we've brought in will all be better than him.  Guess we'll find out.  

Trying for dumbest post of the thread, aren't you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TouchdownMonkey said:

Let me know when he trades a first for Trent Richardson.

Wow.  This thread reads as if Henry Anderson had been in some pro bowls.   Was solid as a rookie and been injured since.  Shocked Colts got anything for him.  Remember, Hankins, who clearly had a better year, couldn’t even net a 7.

8 minutes ago, TouchdownMonkey said:

You’re obviously new here. You aren’t allowed to say stuff like that just FYI. 

4 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

You are right, but he had lost weight so he could play all positions on the line, but obviously the plan didn't call for someone of his talent level in this new rotational d-line concept.  I hope the people we've brought in will all be better than him.  Guess we'll find out.  

This was the first thing I thought, it seemed like they were parading him in front of the press with all of his weight loss not long ago. I thought that was a good sign he was going to be a part of the roster.

If he was going to get cut then fair enough to get a pick but he was a player I did quite like.

All the best Henry

• Thanks 1

Just now, JColts72 said:

Ok...when i get hired.

That's when you don't explain your player analysis.  Right now is a perfect time, there's a chance someone in an NFL team front office will notice how good you are and then hire you.