Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IND has traded back with OAK from 140

ColtsBlitz

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

We need a WR...   we need a CB ...   and we need more if everything else...

So we still have two picks in the 5th...   and now we have a 6th and we still have our 7th...

I have to go to work so I don't get to see the pick. Been waiting 30 minutes to see it haha 

2 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Gave them Hurst when he's right there for the taking.

Trash draft 

Hurst is likely off our board completely...

His heart condition pushed him to Day 3 for some teams, but for many other teams he was removed completely from draft boards.

Both NFL Network and ESPN reported this...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

This one hurts. Hurst was my big draft crush this year and we traded away the 5th round pick that could have gotten a first round talent. I assume he was off our board anyway, but I'll be following his career closely. 

Yeah, thats just it, he was passed on 139 times and he's a first round talent. That speaks volumes on what teams think. Im not saying you shouldnt ever take guys with issues, but the single greatest talent any player can have is availability, and teams just couldnt be sure.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Doesn't he have a heart condition?

Yeah. I just think the 5th round is an appropriate round to take a risk.

Obviously I’m not a doctor , nor have I read his medical, but I like the guy.

But, we move on. I’ll be rooting for the kid regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, thats just it, he was passed on 139 times and he's a first round talent. That speaks volumes on what teams think. Im not saying you shouldnt ever take guys with issues, but the single greatest talent any player can have is availability, and teams just couldnt be sure.

Yeah, I definitely get it. Was just a personal favorite of mine. On to the next one,  haha.

• Like 1

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I understand supporting and being a fan of Hurst, hope he can have a long career, but personally I’m glad we passed on him and got some extra picks in the process.

I’d rather Ballard take a player that fails based on other reasons. A pre-examined medical condition is something he knows now, so I understand passing on him. Hope the best for Hurst though as well. 

The odds of any 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick playing any significant role, let alone even making the team, are pretty low.

To get an extra pick when a proven first round player with health issues in Hurst is on the board?

I don't get it.  If he gets well?  It's a huge steal.  If he doesn't? Then he is just like most other picks taken where he was.  Barely playing or cut.

Once again, Ballard goes conservative and goes for depth instead of actual starters.

How many sure fire starters can we say came from this draft?  2?   Nelson and the LB?

With THIS MANY selections in the early rounds.

Sorry, but imo he has totally blown this draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

The odds of any 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick playing any significant role, let alone even making the team, are pretty low.

To get an extra pick when a proven first round player with health issues in Hurst is on the board?

I don't get it.  If he gets well?  It's a huge steal.  If he doesn't? Then he is just like most other picks taken where he was.  Barely playing or cut.

Once again, Ballard goes conservative and goes for depth instead of actual starters.

How many sure fire starters can we say came from this draft?  2?   Nelson and the LB?

Some people...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Watch out for Griffin, I know he only has 1 hand but I have a feeling he could make an impact at LB. He still Tackles well and his Speed is unreal.