Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There are still options out there to complete our roster, my take...

RealityIsLuck

After a busy two days I wanted to bust down the smoke and kinda look at what we realistically have at the moment, and what can be done to improve upon this whether through day 3 picks, or from the fourth wave FA’s.

There’s still options on the veteran FA market (thank god) because we’ve got so,e giant holes. First and foremost MLB/OLB, WR, CB, and RB. 

I think ink we can get 3 impact players in this draft, maybe not starters but situational/impact players. Honestly I think we should target CB, LB and WR in that order. 

In Round 4 you’ve got a chance to grab a great cover corner in Nick Nelson from Wisconsin. I’d love that pick. He can play inside out and has the versatility to fly around the field. 

With thhe he picks in Round 5, I’d target Tegray Scales/Josey Jewel/Shaq Griffin whoever is around. All 3 are different types of players but could fit in while and even potentially start (that’s how weak our LB core is). With the other pick I’d go for Eq St. Brown if he’s still around, if not I’d take Korey Robertson. 

There’s a number of free agents I’d consider bringing in after this draft as well. C.J. Anderson or Demarco Murray would be natural fits with Marlon Mack and now with a much improved OL, they’ve got opportunities to actually look good. 

Another big name I’d consider is Dez. He may be a big name but I see little bar in bringing him in on a larger one year prove it deal. He’d provide a big target for Andrew and would provide less attention to Ty and Ryan Grant. 

On the LB corpse I’d take a long and hard look at NaVarro Nowman and/or Korey Toomer. Both would really bolster our LB corpse, a starting line of Leonard/Josey/Toomer or Leonard/Bowman/Griffin provides a lot to work with. 

Lastly, I’d look at DRC or Delvin Breaux. Both have the ability to start outside for us which would allow us to run a combo/rotation of Hairston, Desir and a rookie in the nickel which isn’t too shabby. 

Attached I’ve just got a little sketch summarizing these thoughts, pay no attention to it don’t even know if it will be big enough for you to see. 

E4E3C15F-C06E-4F9E-8339-1D5C003C8CC5.jpeg