Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grade the picks!

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

A few answers:

1) Leonard technically ran a 4.70, but only after pulling up lame with a quad injury.  I think he was on pace for something much better,  The injury caused him to miss the rest of the combine, and it probably affected his Pro Day.

2) Tyquan Lewis should be thought of as a DT in the new system, as should FA Denico Autry.

3)  According to some of the post-draft interviews, Hines is going to be a bit of an “offensive weapon”, playing slot receiver a bit.  I chose to list him in the slot on my depth chart.

Thanks Archer.  Didn't know that about Leonard.  If he can really run in the 4.5's, then that makes this pick MUCH more impressive to me.  He's a freak athlete supposedly, so I don't question the other stuff.  I also know he was slotted to play at Clemson before failing some sort of entrance test so he opted for the smaller in-state school instead.  Will be interesting to see how he measures up against more elite level competition.  But from my understanding, he faired quite well when his team played Clemson.  I think he had like 19 tackles or something?  As for the DE's, the Lewis pick surprised me more than the Turay pick.  So if Lewis is more of a gap defender, then it makes more sense.  Hines I get.  He's a pure speed demon who can also catch.  I'm just not sure why Wilkins unless they were trying to get more of a hammer type guy?  I admit I don't know much about him.

• Like 1