Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is the help at CB, RB, and WR?

BProland85

Do you expect the whole roster to be fixed in one draft? Don't be unrealistic, please.

Ballard just made it very clear that the trenches are being prioritized this offseason.

TY, Rogers, Grant, Ebron and Doyle should be enough for this season in the pass catching department.

RB and DB can still be addressed in the 4th and 5th round x2 (remember Hairston?). 

Colts will have to do without high picks at skill positions this year though. Just the way it is. Next season with FA and draft those positions can be the focus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

We still have those glaring issues to address, and I hope that Ballard finds some gems in rounds 4-7. 

Little help will be found in the remaining rounds I'm afraid.  Best to look towards next year.  Hard to find true impact players on day 3.  If we get one...count ourselves fortunate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

Do you expect the whole roster to be fixed in one draft? Don't be unrealistic, please.

Ballard just made it very clear that the trenches are being prioritized this offseason.

TY, Rogers, Grant, Ebron and Doyle should be enough for this season in the pass catching department.

RB and DB can still be addressed in the 4th and 5th round x2 (remember Hairston?). 

Colts will have to do without high picks at skill positions this year though. Just the way it is. Next season with FA and draft those positions can be the focus.

What free agency?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, James said:

While I agree with strengthening the trenches, we definitely could use someone to step up along with TY. I like the two TE sets with Doyle/Ebron but someone else other than those three are going to have to step up. I'm not so sure Rogers or Grant will be that guy. 

I'm going to trust Ballard and withhold judgement until I see results, but I will say that I hope they address the skill positions in these rounds.

• Like 1

Ballard did say he liked what was on the roster at running back, and that he'd be ok with TY Hilton, Ryan Grant, and Chester Rogers as his top 3 going into the season. 

I'm fine not adding anybody at running back this year, but if one of those 3 receivers go down I don't know who we turn to. 

Hopefully someone like Equanimeous St. Brown or Daesean Hamilton fall to our fourth round pick tomorrow.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

We still have those glaring issues to address, and I hope that Ballard finds some gems in rounds 4-7. 

I’m sure we will get some help in some positions .... and we have guys and add Luck to that we r good. 

TY

doyle

ebron

rodgers

mack

granted they arent superstar names but with Luck throwing they will be. 

I think I'll wait for the finished product before making any overall judgements. I haven't seen any of the draft picks thus far that I just doubt. If CB had not improved the O-line this year and Luck gets hurt again, the folks on this site would have a hissy fit.