Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So we had 5 picks in first 2 rounds. Did we get 5 starters?

The Eagles last year took a non starter at 14 it happens all the time just cause they don't start day 1 doesn't mean they won't or aren't good players, they also took one with their 2nd rounder this year Howie Roseman must be a crappy  GM.

6 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

The Eagles last year took a non starter at 14 it happens all the time just cause they don't start day 1 doesn't mean they won't or aren't good players, they also took one with their 2nd rounder this year Howie Roseman must be a crappy  GM.

When you have a team with a lot of talent, like the Eagles, it’s hard to draft starters. It’s not nearly close to as difficult with the Colts. This is a faulty analogy.

9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

When you have a team with a lot of talent, like the Eagles, it’s hard to draft starters. It’s not nearly close to as difficult with the Colts. This is a faulty analogy.

Exactly. The colts have the worst roster in the league so it shouldn’t be hard to find starters in the draft. We can probably still get a starting CB or LB because who else on our roster deserves to start at those positions?

Last season coming in they had outside of Jenkins a very meh secondary only Alshon Jefferey, Ahgalor and Ertz as good receivers an old Blount at RB and Wiz at G they could have "reached" for starters but took Barnett because they knew he would help them as a rotational end who will become a starter. Now we know that Robinson balled out, in the season they traded for Ajayi and Wisnewski played better than he had in years. 

5 hours ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

No we did not. We drafted 3 starters...one will be 27 years old when season starts. We drafted 2 part time DE's. Still no 2nd CB, still no 2nd WR. I give this draft a C-.. Hate this draft period.

I wonder if the guys drafting know more then you ....:scratch:

I think it's not time to overreact now. The scouts and staff have other infos on those players than we have. And the front office is doing it's job as good as they can and what they think is the best,not what some fans think is the best. That's their job. 

Did we get 5 starters? Probably not. But we have at minimum to wait 1 season to judge this draft.

You never know who turns out to be a steal.... Sometimes work ethics and character are more important than the stats everybody can read.  

9 hours ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

3 starters out of first 64 picks?...is that even worthy of a C grade? I can't believe with Colts needs at WR, and CB we failed to draft either. Did we not have the roster in the draft room?

Sweet Baby Jesus...

I am struck by the fact that it may be a touch premature to determine how many starters came out of this draft.  

Just spitballing here but maybe September might be a better time to make this determination.

9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah I see 3 day one starters in Leonard, Smith, and Nelson.

Turay has potential to be great but it's not going to be right away. I don't think he sees the field much this year.

I think Tyquan Lewis can be a real factor as a defensive tackle on passing downs this year.

I'm not too high on the last two picks, but I'm not going to bash the draft just because we didn't take the "highlighted" people like Guice and Landry that everybody hears about. These guys don't always work out.

Rarely work out I will wait until after 2019 to say what this draft is for sure but as of right now this draft is pretty good we have had much worst.