TKnight24

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

50 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

You have to keep in mind, these folks have spent minutes breaking down film on Youtube. They have also thoroughly browsed the mock drafts to see where mock drafts have these guys slated. If only Colts management knew this to the point research was available, they could have saved a lot of hours and money on scouting, going to games, going to practices. If they haven't heard your name, you can't possibly be worth the pick.

People act like the Jags didn’t add Taven Bryan to an already ridiculous defensive line that features Calais Campbell, Marcell Dareus, Malik Jackson, and Ngakue. People should be jumping for joy over the picks of Nelson and Smith. 

12 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I say the same thing to you two.  Tell us everything you know about the two picks.  I have not seen Leornard play so it would be fascinating to read what people that have seen him play have to say.

U probably blindly give the Colts an A plus on the draft so far. Nelson A plus, rest a D. Our scounting stinks. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

People act like the Jags didn’t add Taven Bryan to an already ridiculous defensive line that features Calais Campbell, Marcell Dareus, Malik Jackson, and Ngakue. People should be jumping for joy over the picks of Nelson and Smith. 

100% agree. Interior O-Line is huge in our division.

9 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

U probably blindly give the Colts an A plus on the draft so far. Nelson A plus, rest a D. Our scounting stinks. 

Wow! It seems like the "experts" think the Colts are doing a pretty good job with this draft. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929730/article/2018-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis-for-every-pick-in-the-second-round/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

What do they know unlike us arm chair experts? It's a joke sensitive colt fans.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Smith is not a tackle

I saw him playing a lot of RT in his highlights.  I haven't read where it's said they want him to only play guard.  I like Good at guard myself.  As long as he starts I don't care.  I'm not a coach.

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

What do they know unlike us arm chair experts? It's a joke sensitive colt fans.

Well I would assume they know a whole lot more than we do because they have access to far more NFL sources than we do. 

I bet you thought it was foolish for the Colts to sign Unitas after he couldn't make it with the Steelers. Haha

39 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

I don't give them any grade for 2 or 3 years.

I am still waiting for your in depth analysis on the draft picks.  I'm sure it will be riveting, being that you are such an expert. 

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

I don't give them any grade for 2 or 3 years.

I am still waiting for your in depth analysis on the draft picks.  I'm sure it will be riveting, being that you are such an expert. 

That I am. U ripping the post draft talking heads too on their instant grades? Not if its too u liking?What thin skin colt fans we have here. U never last in a big city.

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

U Stink. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Well I would assume they know a whole lot more than we do because they have access to far more NFL sources than we do. 

I bet you thought it was foolish for the Colts to sign Unitas after he couldn't make it with the Steelers. Haha

Oh yeah Haha, and firing shula to lead the dolphins to super bowls.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

U Stink. 

U 2. Lets not go there fellow happy go lucky colt fan

Just now, JColts72 said:

U cry baby. Lets not go there fellow happy go lucky colt fan

Ha. I'm just messing with you man. You want to talk about thin skinned. WOW

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ha. I'm just messing with you man. You want to talk about thin skinned. WOW

Thinner skin. Im messing 2 hardy har har.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

That I am. U ripping the post draft talking heads too on their instant grades? Not if its too u liking?What thin skin colt fans we have here. U never last in a big city.

Draft grades during or right after a draft are an exercise in foolishness.   I'm not thin skinned,  I just find stupidity, ... well, stupid and I just hope that people like some of the posters here don't bother to vote. 

3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Draft grades during or right after a draft are an exercise in foolishness.   I'm not thin skinned,  I just find stupidity, ... well, stupid and I just hope that people like some of the posters here don't bother to vote. 

Fair enough.

Smith won O lineman awards in the SEC so I'm fine with that pick but Leanard

looks a bit timid and slow to be a linebacker. Not a big contact guy judging

by his highlight tapes.

12 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I love reminiscing. 

I don't, not when it comes to draft picks which are an inexact science anyways. Like Polian said "if you listen to the fans, you will be sitting with them". I wonder how many words of mine could be regurgitated back to me from when I was loose with my mouth in my youth. We all say dumb and uninformed things in our lives, no different on a forum.  That is all I can say. :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can you go back to '98 when some people wanted Leaf over Manning?

haha

Thank heavens we didn't take Leaf. We would've been the NFL version of the Blazers passing on Michael Jordan back in the day.

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I love reminiscing. 

After one NFL game? Smith wasn't even average yesterday.

Braden Smith isn't a tackle imo.   They need to leave that man at guard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IinD said:

Thank heavens we didn't take Leaf. We would've been the NFL version of the Blazers passing on Michael Jordan back in the day.

Safe to say there would be no "we"...

"We" would be the LA Colts by now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can you go back to '98 when some people wanted Leaf over Manning?

haha

Or go back to the '98 draft & look at how awful every single pick is outside of Manning. If not for the Manning pick, that's an all-time horrible draft class.

57 minutes ago, krunk said:

Braden Smith isn't a tackle imo.   They need to leave that man at guard.

He gave me a migraine yesterday when he was in at left tackle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

After one NFL game? Smith wasn't even average yesterday.

Just having fun. But in retrospect, isn't judging after one game....just as silly as judging before a guy has played?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I'm embarrassed with my post about Leanard. I was wrong 

and eating crow because the guy is looking real good.

We've all been guilty of it, but yeah, that was a pretty bad take LOL.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

It's all good, man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Kudos to you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IinD said:

At least we would have a good defense 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Or go back to the '98 draft & look at how awful every single pick is outside of Manning. If not for the Manning pick, that's an all-time horrible draft class.

He gave me a migraine yesterday when he was in at left tackle.

Wasn't he in as an eligible receiver ? I thought he was going deep on a post route ....

6 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Wasn't he in as an eligible receiver ? I thought he was going deep on a post route ....

Yes, technically lined up as the tight end. Poor play design to ask him to block Dunlap 1 on 1 on the edge.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We've all been guilty of it, but yeah, that was a pretty bad take LOL.

The earlier videos someone posted didn't do him any justice, but later

vids he looked pretty good. I would bet a few GM's are kicking themselves

by not taking him in the 1st rd.

3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Just having fun. But in retrospect, isn't judging after one game....just as silly as judging before a guy has played?

Of course it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Four2itus said:

You make a good point. I’d say the main difference is that we’ve seen him in real deal NFL action now, he looked solid, & it’s probably safe to assume that he’ll only get better moving forward. 

• Like 1

Ill eat crow about Leonard. He has looked really good. Dude flies around the field. However, I still think the rest of the 2nd round picks were reaches and we could have drafted more impactful players. 

• Sad 1