Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm embarrassed with my post about Leanard. I was wrong  and eating crow because the guy is looking real good.

I love reminiscing. 

Smith is a 1st team All American and All SEC. So he must be a scrub! We are bringing in 2 All Americans on the OL Protecting Andrew Luck is going to happen finally! Good pick!

15 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

Will be great if Luck is indeed under center which we all want.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard is already 26? wth? 

And we shouldn't have to draft two O linemen at 6 and 36 just to protect Luck. Grigson drafted a ton of them to.

 

This is the Colts throwing their hands up and admitting that they can't evaluate o linemen and are just going to take them as early as possible 

 

Either that or Ballard is still shell shock from getting + slapped by the Patriots.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

If he is under center then he needs protection and if it is JB under center then he probably needs a good line even more because he doesn't have the same skill set as Andrew. 

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

 

And Rosen with a poor line would have ended up beat up and battered like Andrew Luck. Like it or not, you have to protect the QB!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

 congrats on the most moronic post this year 

 

Dont feed the troll jvan. first rule of the forum 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

 

19 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Cannot say that here. The Company Line Colts fans will flip out over such disagreement. I'm with u bro.

 

I say the same thing to you two.  Tell us everything you know about the two picks.  I have not seen Leornard play so it would be fascinating to read what people that have seen him play have to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Leonard is already 26? wth? 

And we shouldn't have to draft two O linemen at 6 and 36 just to protect Luck. Grigson drafted a ton of them to.

 

This is the Colts throwing their hands up and admitting that they can't evaluate o linemen and are just going to take them as early as possible 

 

Either that or Ballard is still shell shock from getting + slapped by the Patriots.

 

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, #12. said:

 

Draft anyone and they're a starter on this team.

 

 

 

We gave up 52 sacks last year, so we drafted 2 All-American guards. I want all of the sexy edge rusher & cornerback picks jsut like everyone else, but there’s literally nothing to complain about with those 2 guard picks. And Leonard is easily the best LB on the roster now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting here watching ESPN and the Cowboys just picked Connor Williams. They already had one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and they went and added to it. Just goes to show you can't emphasize enough protecting the QB. We had one of the worst lines and we go and upgrade it and people complain. Crazy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Sitting here watching ESPN and the Cowboys just picked Connor Williams. They already had one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and they went and added to it. Just goes to show you can't emphasize enough protecting the QB. We had one of the worst lines and we go and upgrade it and people complain. Crazy!

 

They lost a couple starters going into last year, they definitely need to re-tool a little bit, but I agree with what you’re saying 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

 

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

Maybe get the guy's age right before you start to call others dumb. He's 22. The 26 year old Darius Leonard is a different dude altogether. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colts89 said:

bad

 

4 hours ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   no one cares.

 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Wrong

 

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

 congrats on the most moronic post this year 

 

3 hours ago, James said:

 

How can some people be this *ic?

 

Not cool guys.  Whether we agree with the picks or not, let's still try to be our normal respectful selves.

 

Maybe could have been better, definitely could have been a lot worse.

 

Either way, stay classy... especially you @SanDiegoColt8.

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

You are a class act, sir.

 

51013809_wide-4859aa0e439436723c8a709077

 

Never have I seen someone so good at calling other people dumb.

 

Agreed, LOL.


Seems like nowadays, the smartest people are soft spoken...while the dumbest arses are the most loud mouthed.

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

Just now, BlackPanther said:

Is there any way to get some confirmation on Leonard's age?

 

Google telling me that he's 26.

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

 

Diff person.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

 

Agreed, LOL.


Seems like nowadays, the smartest people are soft spoken...while the dumbest arses are the most loud mouthed.

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

 

Diff person.

 

Pretty honest mistake. The Google result has the age at 26 and a photo of the guy they just drafted in the same box. 

 

The link you posted has no age.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Pretty honest mistake. The Google result has the age at 26 and a photo of the guy they just drafted in the same box. 

 

The link you posted has no age.

 

 

 

 

Honest mistake I guess shows you have nothing to base an opinion of the pick on for sure. Kid was recruited to Clemson he has the juice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Honest mistake I guess shows you have nothing to base an opinion of the pick on for sure. Kid was recruited to Clemson he has the juice 

 

Clemson didn't even offer him a scholarship. 

 

And TJ Green actually came from Clemson...so why does it matter?

 

Your comment is wrong and pointless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think both of these picks start. They both fill a need.  I'm expecting Smith to start at RT with Good at RG. I think Mewhort and Slausen are solid backups now. 

Smith is not a tackle

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

You have to keep in mind, these folks have spent minutes breaking down film on Youtube. They have also thoroughly browsed the mock drafts to see where mock drafts have these guys slated. If only Colts management knew this to the point research was available, they could have saved a lot of hours and money on scouting, going to games, going to practices. If they haven't heard your name, you can't possibly be worth the pick.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We aren't trading Wentz, like at all. The 49ers definitely aren't trading the 3rd overall pick for Wentz after trading three 1sts and a 3rd to move up from 12 to 3 to get that pick. They want a QB there. Whether it be Fields, Lance, or Mac Jones, and they will get him.   BTW, I love your Meta Knight picture. Used to be a big Kirby fan.
    • I mean I wish they trade us for Wentz if they want a Lance type of QB.  And give us the #3 so we can get Fields 
    • But I don’t think they’ll take Lance either at #3.  I know Niners love to scheme on offense.  They move players all over the field to get the mismatch and like the OP said get a QB that can run and throw and ran this type of offense in college then it’s like pasta and spaghetti sauce right?  Then why didn’t they take the sure fire QB if that’s the case instead of a rookie?  They could’ve went hard at Wentz.  He is Lance except with a ton of experience and was an MVP QB.  Damn I wish they would get Lance and somehow we trade Wentz and we get Justin Fields that would make my day 
    • If the Niners take Mac Donald Jones then I guess John Lynch I believe is there GM?  Well he is getting fired instantly I mean like on the spot.  I think the Niners owners will like call into the Draft stop the live broadcast just to get into the show and say John Lynch gtho Dodge bro.  
    • I watched both episodes so far. The first one was more in line with the normalcies on "with the next pick". The scouts showing their experiences of traveling in the covid conditions and how it affects them this year. Really had no issue with it. A bit boring and corny, but informative.   The 2nd episode grinds my gears a bit. It makes me warm up to Wentz and the type of person he is, but it makes me very nervous that most of the episode was about Reich and Wentz bonding over their faith. Obviously we can point to 2016 and 2017 and say they work well together, but I would of liked to see more about why Ballard and Reich thought Wentz was a great football player. He was the best option available no doubt, but I think this episode did a poor job of showcasing why he could be our franchise QB. He could be the nicest and most religious guy in the world, but that doesn't win football games. Show me something more on a show like this.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...