Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

I thought there was way better talent available looks more like a reach for need rather then BPA imo

I am all for protecting luck but taking landry or guice or Jackson there would've been better than smith

Love the leonard pick. Had him on my mock, but why another G? I guess we're not sure about mewhort's knee

Just now, JColts72 said:

Very bad, better players on board for d and line.

Unreal how fans say nonsense like this.   I'm guessing you watched zero minutes of either player

Leonard is a great pick you will like it. Don't like the Smith pick with James Daniels, Harold Landry, Josh Jackson still on the board.

Just now, CR91 said:

Love the leonard pick. Had him on my mock, but why another G? I guess we're not sure about mewhort's knee

Ballard said he loves Mewhort. No high on Smith tbh.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Cmon people you can’t question the almighty Chris Ballard

No..must fall in company line like big brother..no disagreements...yeah right.

No the GM knows what he is doing. Trust the process folks please. 

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

A * day 3 LB and another G...just wow.

leanord was projected to go in the second

Smith is a 1st team All American and All SEC. So he must be a scrub! We are bringing in 2 All Americans on the OL Protecting Andrew Luck is going to happen finally! Good pick!

I am happy with leonard but smith seems like a reach and ballard was set on Hernandez or smith and Hernandez was taken so he took smith

2 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

would we have been able to get one of them at 49

Doubtful on Leonard, maybe Smith? Didn't see a ton of talk about him. He was a 1st team All-American though so who knows.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Unreal how fans say nonsense like this.   I'm guessing you watched zero minutes of either player

I couldn’t be happier with these picks. Two players I think can make an immediate impact and possibly future pro bowlers 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm unfamiliar with Braden but Leonard was good pick 

Very good oline prospect, better at run blocking than pass protection,  very strong.

I’m not super familiar with either guy, but no matter how ya slice it, we just drafted 3 starters in a row, & have another pick in this round.

Yeah. They aren’t sexy picks but Ballard is building the o-line for luck. This could be the first year we have a good line. Leonard pick was a reach but he’s a good player with a high ceiling. Trust Ballard. 

Whats up with the chat ... they need to go back to whatever the old chat server was