Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

I thought there was way better talent available looks more like a reach for need rather then BPA imo

I am all for protecting luck but taking landry or guice or Jackson there would've been better than smith

Love the leonard pick. Had him on my mock, but why another G? I guess we're not sure about mewhort's knee

Just now, JColts72 said:

Very bad, better players on board for d and line.

Unreal how fans say nonsense like this.   I'm guessing you watched zero minutes of either player

Leonard is a great pick you will like it. Don't like the Smith pick with James Daniels, Harold Landry, Josh Jackson still on the board.

Just now, CR91 said:

Love the leonard pick. Had him on my mock, but why another G? I guess we're not sure about mewhort's knee

Ballard said he loves Mewhort. No high on Smith tbh.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Cmon people you can’t question the almighty Chris Ballard

No..must fall in company line like big brother..no disagreements...yeah right.

No the GM knows what he is doing. Trust the process folks please. 

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

A * day 3 LB and another G...just wow.

leanord was projected to go in the second

Smith is a 1st team All American and All SEC. So he must be a scrub! We are bringing in 2 All Americans on the OL Protecting Andrew Luck is going to happen finally! Good pick!

I am happy with leonard but smith seems like a reach and ballard was set on Hernandez or smith and Hernandez was taken so he took smith

2 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

would we have been able to get one of them at 49

Doubtful on Leonard, maybe Smith? Didn't see a ton of talk about him. He was a 1st team All-American though so who knows.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Unreal how fans say nonsense like this.   I'm guessing you watched zero minutes of either player

I couldn’t be happier with these picks. Two players I think can make an immediate impact and possibly future pro bowlers 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm unfamiliar with Braden but Leonard was good pick 

Very good oline prospect, better at run blocking than pass protection,  very strong.

I’m not super familiar with either guy, but no matter how ya slice it, we just drafted 3 starters in a row, & have another pick in this round.

Yeah. They aren’t sexy picks but Ballard is building the o-line for luck. This could be the first year we have a good line. Leonard pick was a reach but he’s a good player with a high ceiling. Trust Ballard. 

Whats up with the chat ... they need to go back to whatever the old chat server was

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He tried to rip off Garrett's helmet when they were on the ground and then kept coming toward him as well after that but Garrett deserves 6 games = the brunt of the punishment.
    • I didn't blame Mack for the run game...I am talking about the talent level. For this season, I think it's the lack of light front carries moreso than stacked boxes. The average defenders in the box is about the same as last year...and he is on pace to only see 4-5 more stacked box carries vs. last year. But the light front carries are down and that's where his production came from last year.   A big part of the decrease is on the QB...and I am sure the last two games with Hoyer has only increased the base front and stacked front carries. But Mack is also part of it. He's not a pass-catching threat...and he's running the ball on half the plays he's in...so it makes the offense a bit more predictable.    So I don't want a RB2...I want a more well-rounded RB1a. Give me a Nick Chubb or an Aaron Jones type.   And Hines is alright...but he's not really an APB...because he can't run the ball. They just do that to keep the defense honest and it's typically a wasted play. But even if we call him an APB...he's fairly average. He has gotten better at making plays after the catch for sure...but still not that dynamic.   If I can't have that well-rounded RB1a...then I want a dynamite APB...ala James White or Duke Johnson...or Miles Sanders.   Ideally, I can have both...but it's rare to have that setup...like NO the past couple of years. Right now, I just feel like the Colts are missing parts to the RB game...and I think some investment could be made.
    • People keep saying that about Rudolph but I'm just not seeing it from the videos I've seen
    • Yes...I agree JB is the big reason the offensive numbers are down. I think you are confusing my post as an excuse for JB. I am just looking at the skill position talent objectively...and it's not overwhelming.   Doyle's best year was with JB...so I don't really get this argument about JB holding him back. But that Pro Bowl year (two years ago) was a byproduct of volume as the checkdown option in a bad offense (his yards/catch was <9). Now those checkdowns get spread round (Campbell, Pascal, Hines). I like Doyle just fine though...but he's a solid complimentary piece...and he's also going to turn 30.    I liked Ebron as well when they signed him. But he's a pass-catching TE...who drops passes...he's not some special talent. The Colts need long-term improvements at TE...they can't just keep re-investing more money in the same two guys. So I hope they explore the trade market...or maybe one of these free agent-to-be TEs becomes available.        
    • No butthurt here. Just trying to shine a light in the fog you live in. 
  • Members

• Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair 2,101

• onebad150

onebad150 85

• TheMiz

TheMiz 124

• krunk

krunk 11,873

• red14

red14 19

• Indyfan4life