Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I cant believe the Browns held control of the draft and still spoiled it...

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Trading up for Lamar Jackson in the first, now there's a nutty pick.  

Not if a team believes in Lamar Jackson.

If you believe he is your future quarterback then you take him in the first round to have the fifth year option. 

He could be a dud or not. But it is a different conversation. I am about 50/50 on that. The Ravens will need to incorporate a spread offense him though. At least for the first few years.... 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You would think GM's know more than us average fans so maybe Dorsey knows something we don't. I don't see it though. IMO Darnold will be better than Mayfield and Chubb will be better than Ward.

I think so too, though there were positional needs at play here, when it comes to Chubb vs. Ward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not if a team believes in Lamar Jackson.

If you believe he is your future quarterback then you take him in the first round to have the fifth year option. 

He could be a dud or not. But it is a different conversation. I am about 50/50 on that. The Ravens will need to incorporate a spread offense him though. At least for the first few years.... 

Agreed.  To secure the fifth year option is a good reason to trade up.  Hopefully he works out in whatever specialized offense they plan to build around him.  Sounds a bit risky though.

• Like 1

I can’t say Dorsey made the wrong selections , only time will answer that -but I certainly wouldn’t have taken Mayfield and Ward. 

I’m pretty sure when the Jets traded for our pick , they didn’t think there was a chance in hell Darnold would be available.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

We basically did the same thing.  Couldn't get the need at the proper value so we took the player we needed anyway instead of rummaging through what's left in the early second round.

This doesn’t make any since, not only because Nelson was graded the BEST player in the draft, but the idea that any player at the early stages of round 2 would even compare to him. C’mon man

53 minutes ago, Trueman said:

I can’t say Dorsey made the wrong selections , only time will answer that -but I certainly wouldn’t have taken Mayfield and Ward. 

I’m pretty sure when the Jets traded for our pick , they didn’t think there was a chance in hell Darnold would be available.

I agree. Jets fans are elated today.