Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another trade.

And Michel is quick at running between the tackles. 

Both Wynn and Michel can start immediately and will be around until after Brady/Gronk retire.

Also looks like BB was on he phone quickly realizing that McGlinchey made Brown expendable. 

Pats are nailing their draft so far, IMO.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Patriots made a somewhat unusual trade for them, they traded the 95th pick for the 49ers Trent Brown, OT.  With winn and this guy, seems like the Pats are upgrading their line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929371/article/niners-trade-ot-trent-brown-to-new-england-patriots

Brown wasn't anything great to talk about though.

They want to squeeze whatever they can out of Brady's home stretch, I don't blame them a bit. 

From Matt Light to Logan Mankins to Sebastian Vollmer to Nate Solder, they have not been shy in investing round 1 and round 2 picks on the OL. Add the Wynn pick to that list. I also heard this could be Scarnecchia's last year, so there is that for the last hurrah for Scar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

at 355, seems to be more of a run blocker.  With Michel's more direct style, and Wynns background, it seem like they are looking to power run more often.

25 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He's been one of the best pass blocking RTs the past couple of years. Von Miller claims he's the best RT in the game.

His issues are his huge size which hurts in the run game and his conditioning. He's been kind of inconsistent and last season ended in an injury.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Pats were rumored to be trying to trade up to take Ragnow in the 1st last night. They're definitely trying to beef up.

Maybe they see some value in what Jax is doing on offense.  NE does things opposite of the norm, so it could be they see the $125 million dollar QB being an albatross rather than a help.  They can't draft one and they ain't gonna pay one, so ground and pound.

I'll bet a chicken dinner they draft that QB from Princeton, Chad Kanoff, before its over.

22 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

no but hes a pretty good run blocker, i think they're hedging against a Brady decline, shifting to a more run focus just incase Brady does finally lose out to father time

33 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

So the 49ers are trading away the best RT in the NFL for a late 3rd pick?  That doesn't seem very logical.

He's not an ideal fit for ZBS that Shanahan loves to run, especially outside zone. Terrible fit, actually.

57 minutes ago, Finball said:

He's not an ideal fit for ZBS that Shanahan loves to run, especially outside zone. Terrible fit, actually.

I get that, but trading supposedly the best RT in the NFL for a late 3rd round pick,  doesn't make sense.   I am doubting that he is what BBZ was  implying.