Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Winning the last game last year wasn't a bad thing after all

SC-Coltsfan

We all know if we didn't beat Houston last year we would have had the second pick and could have had Barkley. Well it hit me last night that the Jets wouldn't have traded us at 2 and given us 3 second round picks. So in my opinion I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i never worry about winning too many games unless it causes us to miss out on a franchise QB

it was my favorite game of the year too, how about mack with that stiff arm?

And it was on my homeboy Clowney from SC. It was awesome

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

We all know if we didn't beat Houston last year we would have had the second pick and could have had Barkley. Well it hit me last night that the Jets wouldn't have traded us at 2 and given us 3 second round picks. So in my opinion I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

I have a feeling that if the Colts had wound up with the 2nd pick, they still would have traded down, and then we would have gotten even more in return.  I'm not saying that the Colts should have lost the last game and I'm not upset that they won, but the logic here doesn't really hold up imo. :)

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

Well, the Jets would have avoided the Giants, whether they were #2 or #3, IMO, since they did not even call the Giants according to the link I gave. Since they felt one of their guys would be there at #3, they were fine not talking with the team they shared a building with.

So, #2 or #3, Ballard would have gotten the same deal and the same call.

41 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

That stiff arm showed what is to come from Mack. I believe in that guy, think he’s a really good weapon

Also could be another reason RB won’t be picked until 5th or later 

And I’m fine with that long as he improves on his pass blocking/protection 

Don’t have to have a “elite” RB these days. Committee approach is just as good if you use it correctly :thmup:

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Don’t have to have a “elite” RB these days. Committee approach is just as good if you use it correctly :thmup:

I kinda want to see Guice added. He’s gonna be a beast. To me, he’s like a smaller combo of Fournette and Elliot

• Like 2

My only thing is I just don’t understand the ones who cried about Luck being beat up and now missing an entire season then cry when Ballard tries to fix that and make sure it doesn’t happen again :dunno:

There was a run on linemen late after the Raider picked Kolton 

Connor Williams and Hernandez somehow got bypassed 

If those 2 are picks 36 & 37 I still wouldn’t complain. I need Mr. Beard to be upright, not on his back. At Stanford he was winning with no name guys but a great offensive line 

Give him an offensive line, Luck himself is a weapon. He can make players better, give him the protection to do so 

:rantoff:

#InBallardWeTrust :coltslogo:

• Like 3

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

I kinda want to see Guice added. He’s gonna be a beast. To me, he’s like a smaller combo of Fournette and Elliot

I might cry tears of joy if he falls to us and Ballard pulls the trigger 

He’s sliding cause of “off the field issues” which he says he doesn’t have. He just plays video games 

Those reports came about him having them a few days after he was on twitch streaming Fortnite 

If playing video games is an off field issue, I’m not really sure what we’re doing anymore 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

He’s sliding cause of “off the field issues” which he says he doesn’t have. He just plays video games 

Those reports came about him having them a few days after he was on twitch streaming Fortnite 

If playing video games is an off field issue, I’m not really sure what we’re doing anymore 

He prolly got mad after a Fortnite loss, God knows I’ve been there. :lol:

9 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

well we are not getting an "elite" back in the second anyway.  id settle for just a good one that goes between the tackles with one of our second round picks 

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

He prolly got mad after a Fortnite loss, God knows I’ve been there. :lol:

Amen to that! :agree:

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I’m just worried about the Browns taking him. I’d be fine if Ballard traded up 1 spot to the Browns for like a 6th round selection. 

Browns signed Carlos Hyde this off-season didn’t they? And still have Duke Johnson. Might not take a RB this early. But they could take Connor Williams to replace Joe Thomas. Or maybe they go CB again to pair with Denzel

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well we are not getting an "elite" back in the second anyway.  id settle for just a good one that goes between the tackles with one of our second round picks 

Guice could definitely be an elite back. And Kamara last season was a 4th right? Looked pretty great last season. RB’s are becoming a dime a dozen. Can find great ones throughout the whole draft so we’ll see how it all plays out 

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I'd take Hernandez over a RB so that even grandma with her walker could get through cleanly going left or right....

• Like 1

Just now, TKnight24 said:

Guice could definitely be an elite back. And Kamara last season was a 4th right? Looked pretty great last season. RB’s are becoming a dime a dozen. Can find great ones throughout the whole draft so we’ll see how it all plays out 

kamara is not in this draft, and i would be thrilled with guice

we will get more value out of nelson if we find a back good at going between the tackles, thats not mack, though i do like him 

i see mack as a 10 carry per game guy, with some passes and occasional trick plays thrown in 

Just now, egg said:

I'd take Hernandez over a RB so that grandma with her walker could get through cleanly going left or right....

i would love that pick.  you wont see me complain if we take him over anyone else 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Isn't there also an issue with him saying he was asked inappropriate questions at the combine, and his story keeps changing on what happened?

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

I can't believe I'm going to be the first to say this, but.............. Quinn Pitcock

5 hours ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

I hear your sentiments however, Had the Colts ended up with the 2nd Ovr pick, we would have drafted Barkley imo. Remember during the Presser CB iterated how he felt the presence of guys i.e. AP and Dez Bryant while on the sideline. Im sure if you watched a Barkley game in person this is somewhat similar with him. SB had a heck of a game doing stop and go cuts even jumping over players, taking a hit and still running down the sideline (Watch the IOWA 2017 game). 

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Quinn Pitcock. 2nd rounder I believe.