Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is The Saints' Snitch?

chad72

Rumor is it could be Scott Fujita, now Browns linebacker, he has done this before:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2011/09/22/nfl_warns_teams_about_faking_injuries/

The other possibility is Bobby McCray, who was cut by the Saints 2 years ago and was bitter about it (still is, if he is the snitch :))

Just curious what you think as to who the snitch is.

It was probably an ongoing investigation that finally caught a break. I don't necessarily think anyone ratted them out.

If I did had to pick one, just for the fun of it, I'd pick one of the coaches who worked under Williams.

I do believe that if the refs had called the game as it was played and not made the Saints the beneficiary of several calls and non-calls that I felt were not called vs the Vikes, this issue may not have been as big as it is right now.

The NFL and the Saints milked the Katrina story for what it is worth, let the refs officiate the way they did and now, they have at least given the Saints' fans some leg to stand on purely based on the fact that those calls were not made. Guess what, if the calls were made, the NFL would not have a feel good story to make itself rich from. The whole thing is all twisted.

What I find fascinating is that the Saints are being crucified for this, but have you noticed how many players they've actually injured? Really, outside of Favre in that NFCCG, it really doesn't reflect a culture bent on injuring anyone.

However, there was a stretch the Giants had in 2010 that they only won games that the starting QB didn't finish the game. Just saying

We wonder why the moral fiber of our country is deteriorating, and then accuse someone who reports serious wrongdoing of being a snitch. Lord help this society. I was raised to report wrong doing, particularly if it had the potential to hurt people. This was about the potential to hurt people, but rather the intention to hurt them.

What I find fascinating is that the Saints are being crucified for this, but have you noticed how many players they've actually injured? Really, outside of Favre in that NFCCG, it really doesn't reflect a culture bent on injuring anyone.

However, there was a stretch the Giants had in 2010 that they only won games that the starting QB didn't finish the game. Just saying

The main issue with the Saints would have been just Gregg Williams if Sean Payton or Mickey Loomis sprung into action putting a stop to that bounty nonsense. The institutionalizing of this practice and turning a blind eye to it is what gets the Saints into a pickle, not just the actions on the field. Saints got caught and got caught at the wrong time.

In the NFL, it is all about timing. With so many lawsuits from former players vs the NFL, it becomes an issue of image protection and altering the possible perception that football can in fact become a bloodsport, from becoming a reality.

If Law & Order can have a show for criminal intent, what is preventing someone from extrapolating one testimony where a player willingly made a "send a player on a cart" play on the field to a lawsuit vs the Saints? While Goodell punishes those players and coaches, he probably also advises them to not give any kind of testimony to parties outside the NFL investigation for that reason as well. Ultimately, the NFL flourishes well as its own secret society. Plus, word is that outside parties pooled in money into the bounty (according to some reporters on ESPN discussing this), who were they (Vegas related?) and what did they have to gain from this? So, we may have scratched the surface on something deeper as well, it is not outside the realm of possibility.