Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twfish

Wow Penny went #27

Most of the forum wanted him in the third. Quite a reach imo. Seemed to be some reached towards the end especially Terrell Edmund's. Will be very entertaining tomorrow

Big reach IMO. Many people had him as the 5th best RB in the draft. That was a desperation pick by the Seahawks. Penny is good but not worth a late 1st round pick. 

Seattle hasn't had much luck with drafting RBs lately. Didnt they take three or four a year or two ago and only one stuck (I guess barely). Seahawks are going back to their old ways fast.

Cherepinsky almost gave the Seahawks a Millen for that pick.  He was going to call it "Kielbasa-mode" which really hurt considering I'm sitting here with at least 1 or 2 broken ribs.  It hurt to laugh but i couldn't help it.  Neither could Walt.  He stuck with Kielbasa-mode for the Terrell Edmunds pick LOL.

GMs and scouts make their own boards and couldn’t care less about all the NFL “experts” and their mock drafts. Just because “experts” were mocking a player to go later or earlier doesn’t mean that’s the consensus between the GMs and scouts, you know, the people who matter.

It isn't a reach honestly if you want your guy.

You've never drove an extra 5 minutes to do something if it helped you or is that 5 minutes so valuable?

10th pick or 20th, who cares..

Peeny was a reach but Pitts pick of Edmunds was mind blowing.  He was very much a Day 2 guy and even using a 2nd rounder on him would be a reach.  Could of picked up Eric Reid in FA and they would of had a better player then the guy they drafted. 

4 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

Peeny was a reach but Pitts pick of Edmunds was mind blowing.  He was very much a Day 2 guy and even using a 2nd rounder on him would be a reach.  Could of picked up Eric Reid in FA and they would of had a better player then the guy they drafted. 

This is the same Steelers team that took Artie Burns round 1. Colbert is a different kind of GM. The Steelers value physicality more than anything else. Plus they love drafting defense in the 1st round. I think DeCastro was the last time they drafted an offensive player in the 1st.

I really really liked Penny. I wanted him with our our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I think it was early but then again he might not have been there when it came back around to pick. There were some nice secondary players that could have helped them...and some nice lineman. Very very surprised he went to Seattle....and even more surprised he went in the first.