Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best remaining players for day 2 (merge)

My preference would be to go corner and pass rush at 36 and 37. 

I wonder if we'll be tempted by Will Hernandez if he's still free.

Have a look at the running backs when our 3rd second round pick comes up.

I feel like we could come away away Hubbard and Jackson or Oliver and I'd love that.

28 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

My preference would be to go corner and pass rush at 36 and 37. 

I wonder if we'll be tempted by Will Hernandez if he's still free.

Have a look at the running backs when our 3rd second round pick comes up.

I feel like we could come away away Hubbard and Jackson or Oliver and I'd love that.

I like Jackson better than Denzel Ward, so I would be extremely happy if we took him at 36 or 37. Hernandez would be interesting if he fell 3 more spots and a couple of our preferences were snatched up. Guice is very solid as well. A decent selection for 36 and 37. I'd wait on Maurice Hurst some more. He's going to fall IMO.

I'd love to take Gs Will Hernandez, Connor Williams (not a NFL T), Austin Corbett, or Braden Smith somewhere in round 2.  Maybe Jamarco Jones or Martinas Rankin as a swing G/T...whichever we would need.

Lots of choices for a G, maybe 2, or 1 and a T

Landry and Josh Jackson.  Get some pass rush in there and combine Jackson and Hooker in the secondary and that is one ball hawking secondary.  

At the bottom of the 2nd grab an ILB or RT.  

I wouldn't be opposed to Guice in there.  

• Like 1

According to the Draft show(Cowboys draft show) Maurice Hurst has a "thickening of the heart" (no idea what that means). They said many team have him off the board and if he undergoes a surgery to correct that he will not be allowed to play again and his career will be over. 

edit: here's more information on it: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/Cardiomyopathy/Hypertrophic-Cardiomyopathy_UCM_444317_Article.jsp

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Using Blue Shoes list....    and noting that I might've accidentally overlooked someone....     These would be the players who interest me....    and note,  that we only have four picks for Friday,  and I'd love a 5th...

By position....

CB

Josh Jackson

Isiah Oliver

Carlton Davis

Isaac Yisidrom

DE

Harold Landry

Sam Hubbard

OLB

Lorenzo Carter   (who might also project to DE?)

Darius Leonard

DT

Mo Hurst

Nate Shepherd

BJ Hill

RB

Darrius Guice

Ronald Jones

Nick Chubb

Kerryon Johnson

Royce Freeman

One each from each group....   5 groups,  4 picks...   36, 37, 49, 67.    So unless we wheel and deal,  that's not going to happen.

For so many names, your list is almost perfect.  I don't see what others see in Guice however and would move him down to the bottom.

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

At what time does the draft round two begin? I wonder if it will still be off-limit to us Europeans (in the middle of the f#$%^ night). 

As an adult you are allowed to stay up late you know. Like I did....sleep is overrated and during the Manning years we had plenty all nighters......

8 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Keep in mind, only 3 of these players can come off the board before we hit 36 and 37.

33, 34, 35..... Then we are up twice. Plus we have 49 too....

Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana State

Connor Williams, OT, Texas

Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

James Daniels, INT-OL, Iowa

Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist

Maurice Hurst, INT-DL, Michigan

Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Will Hernandez, INT-OL, Texas El Paso

Ronald Jones II, RB, Southern California

Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

Lorenzo Carter, EDGE, Georgia

Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State

Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia

Donte Jackson, CB, Louisiana State

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB, Oklahoma

Justin Reid, S, Stanford

Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

Harrison Phillips, INT-DL, Stanford

Rasheem Green, EDGE, Southern California

Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

Arden Key, EDGE, Louisiana State

Nathan Shepherd, INT-DL, Fort Hays State

Uchenna Nwosu, LB, Southern California

Jessie Bates III, S, Wake Forest

Austin Corbett, INT-OL, Nevada

Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas

Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

Braden Smith, INT-OL, Auburn

Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

Josh Sweat, EDGE, Florida State

D.J. Chark, WR, Louisiana State

Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn

Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh

Kemoko Turay, EDGE, Rutgers

Derrick Nnadi, INT-DL, Florida State

Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa

Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State

M.J. Stewart, CB, North Carolina

DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State

B.J. Hill, INT-DL, NC State

Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

Tim Settle, INT-DL, Virginia Tech

Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan

Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

Tre'Quan Smith, WR, Central Florida

Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

Fred Warner, LB, Brigham Young

Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

Nyheim Hines, RB, NC State

Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State

Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame

Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama

Marcus Allen, S, Penn State

Kyzir White, S, West Virginia

Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forest

Tyquan Lewis, EDGE, Ohio State

Holton Hill, CB, Texas

Geron Christian, OT, Louisville

Shaquem Griffin, LB, Central Florida

Mark Walton, RB, Miami (FL)

Dorian O'Daniel, LB, Clemson

Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State

R.J. McIntosh, INT-DL, Miami (FL)

Oren Burks, LB, Vanderbilt

Deadrin Senat, INT-DL, South Florida

Chad Thomas, EDGE, Miami (FL)

Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M

Da'Shawn Hand, INT-DL, Alabama

Joseph Noteboom, OT, Texas Christian

Andrew Brown, INT-DL, Virginia

Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

DeShon Elliott, S, Texas

Rashaan Gaulden, CB, Tennessee

Jeff Holland, LB, Auburn

Jalyn Holmes, EDGE, Ohio State

Breeland Speaks, INT-DL, Mississippi

Nick Nelson, CB, Wisconsin

Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky

Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State

Dorance Armstrong Jr., LB, Kansas

Wyatt Teller, INT-OL, Virginia Tech

Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia

Hercules Mata'afa, EDGE, Washington State

Jaylen Samuels, TE, NC State

Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia

Keke Coutee, WR, Texas Tech

Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Mason Cole, INT-OL, Michigan

Auden Tate, WR, Florida State

Thanks for this list. The Colts should get 4 of these guyswith the 3 second rounders and their 3rd round pick. Tonight will be the make or break of the Colts draft.

• Like 1

I'm in on Josh Jackson.  Just read he's more of zone guy which fits our scheme really well.  Ball hawk.  Wilson, Jackson, Hooker and Geathers would make for a very dangerous and young secondary. 

Outside of him I like Guice and a Mike Linebacker.  Then in the 3rd grab a #2 receiver or a guy to play right tackle.

• Like 1

As much as I feel like we should be reaching for some linebacker in round 2, I am hoping Ballard sticks with taking the best players on the board... There is a lot of top notch talent that is going to fall to us. As Kiper said (and I quote him carefully and infrequently), "All Ballard has to do is to not overthink and take the best players available."  Keep it simple. Let your board do the work. We are in a HECK of a spot right now folks. Tickled the way this draft is falling in our favor.

My prediction, Skip Landry (especially if there is medical red flags) and take Josh Jackson and Guice. Focus on WR and LB on our next two picks, which makes more sense with the players that should be available at those picks. I don't feel good about our linebacking core, but also understand that Ballard and Eberflus might feel much better than we do with what we have on roster/ what they know they can get late 2nd/3rd/4th rounds.

Don't rule out moving some picks either. With that much talent left, I can see Ballard turning heads with multiple trades tonight.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we get Landry I will do a victory dance. I thought he would be gone by now.

We missed out on Chubb by one pick....I think the same happens with Landry : ( or maybe to the Giants who have need there too. There is good value there at our pick. I just hope we get lucky enough to have the right people fall to us. Who knows....there was some sure head scratchers in round 1.

• Like 1

I have my 2nd round mock going:

33) CLE - Connor Williams

34) NYG - Will Hernandez

35) CLE - Derrius Guice

36) IND - Harold Landry

37) IND - Joshua Jackson

Skipping ahead, I’d be choosing at 49 between Mairice Hurst and Anthony Miller (really under-rated).  Probably Hurst.

3 hours ago, PowerballBlue said:

Don't forget about Tyrell Crosby OT from Oregon.  He can bend and plays nasty.  The OT from Boston College would be nice as well.

Crosby’s been in most my mocks - love him.  But I really didn’t anticipate Josh Jackson, Hernandez, Guice, and Landry all being available here.  I think Crosby gets eclipsed by better athletes on my board...

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I have to explain it?

It means your judgement on evaluating skill and "best players" is in question.

Maybe you should stop being so negative........

We are all imperfect Colts fans...... with our own opinions........  

I know I dont have all the answers, but I do like talking about the Colts......

Join the "Colts" brotherhood, and agree to agree or disagree, but understand that we each GET an opinion.......

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Archer said:

34) NYG - Will Hernandez

35) CLE - Derrius Guice

36) IND - Harold Landry

37) IND - Joshua Jackson

Skipping ahead, I’d be choosing at 49 between Mairice Hurst and Anthony Miller (really under-rated).  Probably Hurst.

Wow, if Hurst is there at 49, it would be the steal of the round.

After what Ballard and Reich said last night about building the line on both sides of the ball, I was thinking they’d go Hurst with one of our early 2s.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, if Hurst is there at 49, it would be the steal of the round.

After what Ballard and Reich said last night about building the line on both sides of the ball, I was thinking they’d go Hurst with one of our early 2s.  

You might be right.  I just don’t know how to factor in his heart condition.  Some of the big boys think he might fall to the 3rd day.  He does have the ideal skill set for our DTs...

8 hours ago, Calmack said:

There's probably a reason he has fallen this far. Especially with how much pass rushers are coveted. I feel like I'm the only one not ecstatic about picking him. He gives me Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo type vibes....

same feeling here

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Archer said:

34) NYG - Will Hernandez

35) CLE - Derrius Guice

36) IND - Harold Landry

37) IND - Joshua Jackson 

RoJo with the last of the 2nds if we lose out on Guice and go WR with our 3rd (should be a good amount of talent left on the board).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Maybe you should stop being so negative........

We are all imperfect Colts fans...... with our own opinions........  

I know I dont have all the answers, but I do like talking about the Colts......

Join the "Colts" brotherhood, and agree to agree or disagree, but understand that we each GET an opinion.......

Nobody said he couldn't have an opinion. I just stated that I disagreed by questioning his rankings. How about you don't get so offended for someone else and misinterpret my post.

Lots of talent on the board I wasn't expecting. Who does everyone think goes before we pick tonight? Cleveland picks twice and could be looking at CB, OL, RB. Guessing NYG go OL or Edge? Should still have great options for 36-37 no matter what.

I’m starting to get more excited about the 2nd round than I was for the first because of the talent available. There’s so many options. 

Based on scheme fit and traits, there’s no way Ballard doesn’t take Josh Jackson. He likes big, long corners with ball skills. That’s the definition of Josh Jackon. He improved his 40 time at his pro day.

The idea of having an OL that features Quenton Nelson and Connor Williams is really exciting. Or even Hernandez. Or better yet what if he takes Hernandez and Williams? You’d have the best OL in football.

I also know Ballard went after Alshon Jeffrey, who Reich ended up coaching on the Eagles. They have to be thinking about Courtland Sutton.

So many options!!!!!:mindblow:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

For so many names, your list is almost perfect.  I don't see what others see in Guice however and would move him down to the bottom.

Because my list has more targets than we have actual picks (as of this moment) I didn't actually list them necessarily in priority order...    sorry for the confusion, I should've been more clear...

I just hope to get one from four of the columns...   my preference is for three defenders and a RB...   I'd prefer not to take a WR and I'd prefer not to take another OL...  

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't see what others see in Guice however and would move him down to the bottom.

You really have to watch his 2016 film to see why he's so highly ranked. He dealt with a lingering injury (not a serious one) all last season, so his 2017 film isn't as good as his 2016. I didn't care for him at all until I watched that older film.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

You really have to watch his 2016 film to see why he's so highly ranked. He dealt with a lingering injury (not a serious one) all last season, so his 2017 film isn't as good as his 2016. I didn't care for him at all until I watched that older film.

Thanks.  Yeah, I've only seen recent stuff.  Didn't stand out this year like I though Michel did.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

This is correct. Guice in 2016 was a monster. He played through injuries in 2017. We have to scout him on his best and worst. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Only thing that kinda sucks is MLB is pretty weak going forward.

Agreed. I wonder if we could sign Navorro Bowman? I like a lot of the talent left, but a lot of the instant starting linebackers went pretty early this year.