Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best remaining players for day 2 (merge)

1 minute ago, waka waka said:

if we are really doing trench work there should be some good OL available. If we had to go corner i'd rather take someone with some dog in them Dane Cruikshank he'd be a good fit opposite to Qunicy

Ah yeah forgot about Cruikshank. There’s also Carlton Davis, lots of solid CB options really.

1 minute ago, Freenyfan102 said:

We dont need another RB right now we can pick on up either during the Preseason drops or next year. We need a DE and another Online how good is CB when the QB has all the time in the world to throw

Thats why they grab Hurst or Landry if available. Carter could work as well.

I can't imagine Ballard would pass on Guice. And CLE probably isn't drafting a RB.

14 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

We dont need another RB right now we can pick on up either during the Preseason drops or next year. We need a DE and another Online how good is CB when the QB has all the time in the world to throw

I'm not sure we take a RB either. Ballard just spent a 4th on one last year he may want to give the guys we have get a look behind a line that can get some push. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pables21 said:

Same here. Doesn't everyone find it shocking that he's still available?? For the Colts to miss out on Chubb, yet still have a shot at landing the class' consensus #2 pass rusher in Round 2?? I'd be in dream land. 

There's probably a reason he has fallen this far. Especially with how much pass rushers are coveted. I feel like I'm the only one not ecstatic about picking him. He gives me Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo type vibes....

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I have to explain it?

It means your judgement on evaluating skill and "best players" is in question.

This is so dumb.  Anyone who actually watches the film will have different evaluations.  Upwards of half of the 1st rounders picked will bust, and there will be pro bowlers found in the 2nd round.  The NFL draft is unpredictable anyway, who the hell had Penny or Edmunds as 1st rounders?

• Like 3

Josh Sweat is another possibility.  I wouldn't be thrilled by any means but he has some elite traits and was misused in that FSU defense.  They had the guy playing 5T, hell even 3T sometimes.  It was really weird to watch.  When he had a chance to tee off he really showed some potential.

I'd much rather have Okoronkwo at 49 or 67 though if we want an smaller situational rusher, I think he's got a chance to be a stud.  Anthony Miller and Nick Chubb are two more great options at 49.

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

What can I do about it? Should I change it so you wouldn't question it? How many is too many for you to give your seal of approval? Is 8 OK? Cuz Jeremiah has 8 of his that didn't go round 1. Or is it 7 cuz McShay has 7 of his that didn't go round 1? Do you have anything of value to add to the discussion or are you being snarky just for %s and giggles?  

I never claimed this to be the ultimate unquestionable list that is perfect and unbeatable. I never claimed to be an expert evaluator and judge of skill. Those are just the ones left by MY fan/amateur board and my opinion. It's OK if you disagree. 

You don't have to do anything about it. You are a top 5 draft guy on this forum. I disagree with you at times, but your knowledge is elite. More than likely you will be right. So do what you feel is right.

• Like 2

Using Blue Shoes list....    and noting that I might've accidentally overlooked someone....     These would be the players who interest me....    and note,  that we only have four picks for Friday,  and I'd love a 5th...

By position....

CB

Josh Jackson

Isiah Oliver

Carlton Davis

Isaac Yisidrom

DE

Harold Landry

Sam Hubbard

OLB

Lorenzo Carter   (who might also project to DE?)

Darius Leonard

DT

Mo Hurst

Nate Shepherd

BJ Hill

RB

Darrius Guice

Ronald Jones

Nick Chubb

Kerryon Johnson

Royce Freeman

One each from each group....   5 groups,  4 picks...   36, 37, 49, 67.    So unless we wheel and deal,  that's not going to happen.

The only thing better than the value on the board is the value in picks #4 & 5.  We just saw the Ravens make that move for #32 and a lot of teams will be happy to chase the dragon well into the 2nd (especially with guys like Landry and Sutton still on the board).   Would love to see Landry at 4 if he's somehow still there.  If not, trade at least one of those picks for a king's ransom later in this draft or 2019.  Snag Sutton or Joshua Jackson if Landry is gone and let teams make you an offer you can't refuse for 36 or 37.  

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Using Blue Shoes list....    and noting that I might've accidentally overlooked someone....     These would be the players who interest me....    and note,  that we only have four picks for Friday,  and I'd love a 5th...

By position....

CB

Josh Jackson

Isiah Oliver

Carlton Davis

Isaac Yisidrom

DE

Harold Landry

Sam Hubbard

OLB

Lorenzo Carter   (who might also project to DE?)

Darius Leonard

DT

Mo Hurst

Nate Shepherd

BJ Hill

RB

Darrius Guice

Ronald Jones

Nick Chubb

Kerryon Johnson

Royce Freeman

One each from each group....   5 groups,  4 picks...   36, 37, 49, 67.    So unless we wheel and deal,  that's not going to happen.

I would avoid DT. Hurst may fall to the 4th anyway. Getting two or possibly three of the top guys from three of the other groups and a guy from the fourth would be amazing when combined with Nelson.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't have to do anything about it. You are a top 5 draft guy on this forum. I disagree with you at times, but your knowledge is elite. More than likely you will be right. So do what you feel is right.

Thanks for the compliment, but again - I wouldn't say my knowledge is anywhere close to elite. I'm a fan on a message board that likes the draft and spends inordinate amount of time around it. This doesn't make me some sort of expert, just a fan... 

• Like 2