Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who’s our #2

hambone35

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think Ant Walker is probably going to be the starter there.  Maybe we can target somebody like Tegray Scales later for competition.

That's exactly who I'm hoping for, Tegray. I like Walker and he's a good young guy to have but would love to pick up another guy like Scales who also has potential for Eberflus.

My dream is Landy and Jackson, then Hurst at 49.

I think there is a very good chance both Landry and Jackson are there, unless there is a trade.  Hernandez to the Giants is almost a lock to me.  They need a guard and have a chance to get a dominant run blocker for their shiny new toy to run behind.  

Connor Williams makes a ton of sense for Cleveland to see if he can step in with Joe Thomas gone.  Browns picked a corner already, and I don't think they'll double down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

Why u think  he dropped out if 1st?

Winn and Price went in the 1st round because they are more versatile players. Winn played guard and tackle. Price played a whole year at left guard, a year at right guard and a year at center...just my opinion.....

If Hernadez falls I hope the Colts take him over a RB...

Need to bake the whole cake before putting the cherry on top.....

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Unfortunately, the MLB group is really weak going forward IMO.

No doubt.  I was just stating my opinion of positions of need for the team, not the order I thought they should be drafted.  

I wouldn’t mind a late round gamble on Hamilton from Bama.  Undersized but a great ball player.  May be too much of an injury concern.  

I guess Burks from Vandy is the BPA right now.  You hit the nail, pretty weak group.   

10 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Good one, didn't think of him because of Nelson.  Could slot in at RT and we are looking really, really nice on the OL

Another OL at this point would come at the cost of much needed defensive help, IMO. 

Once Ballard gets his guy at #36, I would not mind moving down a bit in round 2 from #37 to somewhere else in round 2 and picking up an additional 4th. There will be talent left on the board. That additional 4th can be used on a later round OL, IMO. 

Landry would be my 1st choice but I see him going to the Browns or Giants.  Most likely is another OL and a RB. This is our chance to fix the OL and get a difference maker at RB.  Last year it was defense early this year I think it's offense.   I hope we trade into the 2nd. rd and even higher up in the rd with our lower pick.  i would give up our 3rd and a few other later rd picks to do it.  I really have no faith in picks 5,6, and 7.  You can get lucky of course but I like improving your odds with higher rd. picks.  That's just me.  To me 4 second rd. picks could easily give us 5 new starters in total. 

3 hours ago, egg said:

Winn and Price went in the 1st round because they are more versatile players. Winn played guard and tackle. Price played a whole year at left guard, a year at right guard and a year at center...just my opinion.....

If Hernadez falls I hope the Colts take him over a RB...

Need to bake the whole cake before putting the cherry on top.....

Most agree that Hernandez is the 2nd best guard in this class. We already have the 1st. Keep Andrew upright and give him time then we win games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Most agree that Hernandez is the 2nd best guard in this class. We already have the 1st. Keep Andrew upright and give him time then we win games.

Not only that...run the ball between the tackles, almost at will!.....play action just became one of the best offensive weapons!....win the time of possession battle...move the chains...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Another OL at this point would come at the cost of much needed defensive help, IMO. 

Once Ballard gets his guy at #36, I would not mind moving down a bit in round 2 from #37 to somewhere else in round 2 and picking up an additional 4th. There will be talent left on the board. That additional 4th can be used on a later round OL, IMO. 

Rumblings are the Chargers are looking to get ahead of Denver to draft Rudolph they got the 48th but think they would need to sweeten the deal with something on top of their 4th.

wonder if the Evil Empire would be willing to give Ballard #43 and #63 for #37 (and draft Mason Rudolph with the pick)

Belichick may feel he doesn't need to move up that far, though, given that most of the teams drafting ahead of NE aren't looking for a QB

but then there is Miami as well, at #42 and #73, FWIW. Not sure I want another 3rd round choice nearly as much as another 2nd

maybe Ballard could get NE and Miami in a bidding war with each other

3 hours ago, NextGenerationLuck said:

How would everyone feel about taking Hubbard and Landry with our two first picks in the second round. Then getting a CB or OT with the third one. 

Was just reading about hubbard...sounds a lot like John Simon to be honest.  I think I'd rather take Landry and Carter with the other pick being a CB.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

Rumblings are the Chargers are looking to get ahead of Denver to draft Rudolph they got the 48th but think they would need to sweeten the deal with something on top of their 4th.

there's going to be some wheeling and dealing.  doubt we get Landry, he'll be gone, but we will get someone worthy, very, very worthy with our first 2nd round pick. IBWT

Hurst and Jackson fit exactly what we want in our new defense, so I'd really like them to be 2a and 2b. We really need some LBs but there is depth throughout this draft at the position so I'd hate to see us reach. I like Darius Leonard, but he's so small I think he's going to drop quite a bit. If we can grab him and Fred Warner in the middle rounds I'd be very happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polk_high_allstar said:

If they want a QB badly enough, the Chargers will give up a 2nd and 3rd (48th - 420 value and 80th - 170 value) for our 37th (530 value) though on paper it is a difference of 60 points. Ballard can easily make a case that it is fringe first rounders he has access to at 37 that he is giving up. 

Just now, krunk said:

Yes oh know it all

It would be nice to stop reading comment after comment, asking for a player who doesnt fit a 4-3 scheme whatsoever. 

Landry is a 3-4 OLB. Which we no longer run.  My eyes are bleeding from all the nonsense ive read in 3 pages. 

On a fan forum page, shouldn’t people who post here at least know what defense we run and what a player is? 

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think Landry is a GREAT fit for this defense

He has similar measurables to our DEs during the Manning era.... they were purty good :)

Are you comparing Landry to Freeney and Mathis? Really? 

Also, we no longer will be asking our DE’s to abondoned the run and just rush the passer. We no longer have the greatest QB-RB-WR Tandum in the league who generate 21-3 and 28-7 leads in the first half. 

The reason Freeney and Mathis were so great in the regular season was because Peyton got out to huge leads in most games. 

In the playoffs, when games were tighter, and we needed 2 DE’s who could stop the run in a close game, they didnt fit that task. And is one of the top 5 reasons we went 1 and done so many years. 

I am not willing to throw away a top of the 2nd round pick on a “pure pass rusher” who can only play on 3rd down, because he isnt a 4-3 DE. 

10 minutes ago, Supercolts said:

It would be nice to stop reading comment after comment, asking for a player who doesnt fit a 4-3 scheme whatsoever. 

Landry is a 3-4 OLB. Which we no longer run.  My eyes are bleeding from all the nonsense ive read in 3 pages. 

On a fan forum page, shouldn’t people who post here at least know what defense we run and what a player is? 

You are either a Great player or you are not. Robert Mathis did just fine in a 3-4 after playing in a 4-3. Scheme = BLAH BLAH BLAH. Just like people saying Nelson wont be dominant because of our scheme lmao. You either have it or you don't, JMO. Landry has it IMO. - tremendous speed and can get to the QB. People on here overthink things too much on here.

13 minutes ago, Supercolts said:

Why?  He and Vic Beasley are the exact same size.  It's just your know it all opinion.

Does Vic Beasley need to go to a 3-4 also?

18 minutes ago, Supercolts said:

Are you comparing Landry to Freeney and Mathis? Really? 

Also, we no longer will be asking our DE’s to abondoned the run and just rush the passer. We no longer have the greatest QB-RB-WR Tandum in the league who generate 21-3 and 28-7 leads in the first half. 

The reason Freeney and Mathis were so great in the regular season was because Peyton got out to huge leads in most games. 

In the playoffs, when games were tighter, and we needed 2 DE’s who could stop the run in a close game, they didnt fit that task. And is one of the top 5 reasons we went 1 and done so many years. 

I am not willing to throw away a top of the 2nd round pick on a “pure pass rusher” who can only play on 3rd down, because he isnt a 4-3 DE. 

Thats NOT what I am saying

Landry is a PROSPECT......Freeny and Mathis proved it on the field......  If you are downplaying him solely by his measurables, then we disagree

I personally believe that Landry would be a fit for us at DE..... in a 4-3..

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Robert Mathis played in a 4-3 scheme his whole career until 2012 and was Great, then we went to a 3-4 and he had 20 Sacks in 2013 lmao. Like I said you either have it or you don't.

Don't feed that dude.  We know he trippin

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Supercolts said:

Gimmeee  Gimmmee  Harold Landry Baby!!!!!!!!!