Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who’s our #2

hambone35

6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Carter is the guy I'd love to get. I like Avery at LB later also the kid from Vandy. I think the LB class is deeper then stated. 

I think you can get Landry and Carter and still be able to add another backer or two. To me Carter is a hybrid. You can do linebacker with him or Edge rusher. Love Carters Versatility

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think you can get Landry and Carter and still be able to add another backer or two. To me Carter is a hybrid. You can do linebacker with him or Edge rusher. Love Carters Versatility

We can still add some very good pieces to the D I like Chad Thomas later too. That's the ticket with Carter he gives us speed inside early then can get after the QB.

54 minutes ago, krunk said:

What about ardyn key

Harold Landry is a potential double digit sack artist, there is so much similaties with him and Ngakoue in terms of measureables, he is faster and more bendy and has a nice repertoire of pass rush moves. He is a good fit for the Giants though.

Josh Jackson or Isaiah Oliver may not be the best fits but they have good length that Ballard loves.

Derrius Guice will be there for us as I dont see the Giants or Browns taking a running back with them already having Barkely and Hyde.

Picking Conor Williams would bolt down the hatches on the right side of our oline with Nelson and give us a nasty edge to our line.

For me, i would love to pick Landry #36, Williams #37 and Oliver #49.

• Like 1

My dream scenario for the Colts would be some team with a mid-to-late 2nd round pick wanting to jump up to #36 to get a player they REALLY covet, and they make an offer you can't refuse:  Their 2nd rounder plus their 2019 1st rounder.  Would you pass on these talented players and trade down?

8 hours ago, krunk said:

Nick Chubb is an option I think may be a late 2 or middle 3. I think he fits this offense. Reminds me of a bigger Frank Gore. Very good inside runner. We run a lot of inside zone in this offense.

I'm still hoping Ballard brings CJ Anderson in so we can use the draft picks more for needs.   This team has lots of holes to fill with this draft.  

8 hours ago, krunk said:

Nick Chubb is an option I think may be a late 2 or middle 3. I think he fits this offense. Reminds me of a bigger Frank Gore. Very good inside runner. We run a lot of inside zone in this offense.

I'm still hoping Ballard brings CJ Anderson in so we can use the draft picks more for needs.   This team has lots of holes to fill with this draft.  

8 hours ago, krunk said:

8 hours ago, krunk said:

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Josh Jackson

Courtland Sutton

Maurice Hurst/Derrius Guice 

I cant believe that type of talent is going to be available. But I would say kiss Landry goodbye. He’s the Giants 2nd round pick. He’s a scheme fit for them.

Maybe but they may need to go with the OL

8 hours ago, krunk said:

For what we are trying to build if we take a back between 2 and 3 I think it will be between Guice and Ronald Jones.  I just feel like they are fits. Guice could potentially be like our version of Fournette.  And he's got that tough mentality like Ballard likes.  Jones I love the speed, receiving ability and for a guy his size he can run tough at different points.  I've said he's a more complete version of what Mack should be but isn't yet.

9 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Derrius Guice

Maurice Hurst

Harold Landry

Joshua Jackson

Courtland Sutton

If we could get two of those... Oh lawd

We might be able to THREE of these guys

Fingers crossed..........

Would prefer

Hurst/Jackson/Landry

But......... what a gamble to who is available with the 3rd...... 2nd round pick

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I like Guice, but I'm not so high on a RB in the second. We just drafted a guard 6th overall. One would hope that by default our run game improves enough that we don't have to spend a 2nd on a back.

I'd still like to get one, but maybe after round 3. 

i think a RB would be the perfect compliment to nelson, especially one that goes between the tackles 

guice would be a great pick imo 

11 hours ago, ar7 said:

The Colts really need to add a talented linebacker. I'm not sure there is one that will be available in round 2 that is worth taking. Darius Lenoard maybe?

I think there should be some good DL and WR prospects available in round 2 and the Colts will be able to address those positions. DL like maybe Hurst, Green and WR such as Miller, Sutton.

If we don't get some linebackers and DBs, the Colts will be throwing from behind so much that defenses will just be bowling over Nelson and the Oline with their ears pinned back going for Luck.

Josh Jackson and Harold Landry would be ideal. Jackson got better every game last year at Iowa in his first year as a starter. Landry provides some pass rushing they desperately need. 

RB, hold out for Akrum Wadley, bigger the stage the better he performed. 

8 hours ago, krunk said:

And if Ballard says the SAM is on the field about 25% of the time, maybe he can play SAM, then drop down and rotate with Simon at DE/edge in nickel packages.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And if Ballard says the SAM is on the field about 25% of the time, maybe he can play SAM, then drop down and rotate with Simon at DE/edge in nickel packages.

I think Carter is such a good athlete.  There's so much you can do with him on passing downs.  You can bring him off the edge, use him in coverage.  Heck I think you could even drop him down the middle in Tampa 2 if you wanted.  I think he's similar to Jamie Collins.

11 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Double down at guard with Hernandez. The OL is not fixed yet but with Hernandez we would have one of the best Lines in the League

I like Hernandez as a prospect but no way do I want the Colts to take another interior offensive lineman today. They could stand to add a tackle but I don’t think that needs addressed this year. There will be lots of talent available today at positions they need to improve way more than guard.

I'm thinking Browns may end up going Guice.  Reading how much they loved Penny on NFL.com.  I'm sure their O is going to be predicated on running the ball a lot so he makes some sense for them to me since they lost out on Barkely and Penny.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

How about positions of need in order?

MLB, Rush DE, (BPA of OT, RB, CB), WR.

WR last because it’s an irrelevant position if the offense can’t protect the QB and have a legitimate run threat.  

Unfortunately, the MLB group is really weak going forward IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Part of me wants to say screw it and get the next best G and T and hopefully get this line fixed, then go do as you wish, Ballard that is. 

If Williams is there, you take him and let him play tackle.

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Hearing Hurst may fall to the 3rd day due to his medicals.

Here's what I'm hoping for.

36: Harold Landry

37: Isaiah Oliver

49: Kirk/Sutton/Miller

I’d be fine taking him in the 3rd then. That way in the 2nd we can take Sutton, Jackson, and probably a LB.

• Like 1

Josh Jackson from Iowa is by number 1 guy still on the board, and he should fit perfectly with our new scheme. Personally, I prefer Hubbard over Landry, but wouldn't hate it if we took Landry in the 2nd. Maurice Hurst is right behind them, but I really hope Ronald Jones II will be there with our last 2nd round pick.

9 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Unfortunately, the MLB group is really weak going forward IMO.

I think Ant Walker is probably going to be the starter there.  Maybe we can target somebody like Tegray Scales later for competition.

• Like 1