Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

6th overall pick Indianapolis Colts select Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

TKnight24

Just now, The Fish said:

Meh, you're supposed to take a difference maker at 6, not a Guard. The amount of draft capital in the o-line is now absurd and people are still saying "at least now they're going to protect Luck".. Yawn. We've thrown high picks at this problem before. 

I would have been happier with some D.

We had one of the worst O-lines in the NFL and you think we didn't need an O-lineman. *shakes head*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Meh, you're supposed to take a difference maker at 6, not a Guard. The amount of draft capital in the o-line is now absurd and people are still saying "at least now they're going to protect Luck".. Yawn. We've thrown high picks at this problem before. 

I would have been happier with some D.

We have??  Who? 

3 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

We had one of the worst O-lines in the NFL and you think we didn't need an O-lineman. *shakes head*

You can shake your head. Kelly and Mewhort were hurt large chunks of the year and there were other injuries. 

Couldn't roll into next year without at least locking down one sp spot on the oline.

Stanzo, Nelson, Kelly [hopefully healthy] looks like 3 spots that aren't terrible but actually a decent looking left side.

Pick up another oline guy tomorrow and we could potentially have 4 of 5 looking pretty good. 

I'm not complaining. Ballard knows his job depends on keeping #12 alive.