Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

6th overall pick Indianapolis Colts select Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh, you're supposed to take a difference maker at 6, not a Guard. The amount of draft capital in the o-line is now absurd and people are still saying "at least now they're going to protect Luck".. Ya

Well done Ballard!   Two extra second round picks and the best offensive lineman we could have asked for.   Love this pick.

Posted Images

I was hoping the Colts would take a defensive player at 6 but can't argue against Nelson. He is a great prospect and should help this team from day 1. Hopefully he lives up to the hype.

Just now, The Fish said:

Meh, you're supposed to take a difference maker at 6, not a Guard. The amount of draft capital in the o-line is now absurd and people are still saying "at least now they're going to protect Luck".. Yawn. We've thrown high picks at this problem before. 

I would have been happier with some D.

We had one of the worst O-lines in the NFL and you think we didn't need an O-lineman. *shakes head*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Meh, you're supposed to take a difference maker at 6, not a Guard. The amount of draft capital in the o-line is now absurd and people are still saying "at least now they're going to protect Luck".. Yawn. We've thrown high picks at this problem before. 

I would have been happier with some D.

We have??  Who? 

3 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

We had one of the worst O-lines in the NFL and you think we didn't need an O-lineman. *shakes head*

You can shake your head. Kelly and Mewhort were hurt large chunks of the year and there were other injuries. 

2 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I will be sad when Roquan is a pro bowler but still, awesome we got Nelson

It's okay cause Nelson will be a multi year All-Pro and add some nastiness and attitude to this OL which will be contagious. 

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

We have??  Who? 

Ryan Kelly and Costanzo were both 1's. Mewhort is a 2. Now Nelson. I wouldn't be shocked if we're rolling with the most high end picks for an o-line this season with this addition.. 

Couldn't roll into next year without at least locking down one sp spot on the oline.

Stanzo, Nelson, Kelly [hopefully healthy] looks like 3 spots that aren't terrible but actually a decent looking left side.

Pick up another oline guy tomorrow and we could potentially have 4 of 5 looking pretty good. 

I'm not complaining. Ballard knows his job depends on keeping #12 alive.