Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reuban Foster's accuser recants accusation?

rockywoj

20 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it seemed shaky to me in the first place, his career should continue 

he does still have a weapons charge 

Assuming the prosecution buys her recanting story, then I would assume they will drop the domestic violence charges, but will likely proceed with the weapons charges.  Do you happen to know the specifics of the weapons charges?  I think I heard it was simply illegal possession - that they found unauthorized weapons in his house.  If that's all it is, this sounds like a slap on the wrist sort of thing ... especially considering the charges were born out of a police call that turns out to have been bogus.

9 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Assuming the prosecution buys her recanting story, then I would assume they will drop the domestic violence charges, but will likely proceed with the weapons charges.  Do you happen to know the specifics of the weapons charges?  I think I heard it was simply illegal possession - that they found unauthorized weapons in his house.  If that's all it is, this sounds like a slap on the wrist sort of thing ... especially considering the charges were born out of a police call that turns out to have been bogus.

Depends, if the weapons are classified as "NFA" items under the 1934 National Firearms Act, which includes unregistered silencers, fully automatic weapons or even explosives such as gernades, he potentially is looking at 10 years in federal prison and 100,000 fine.  But that's if its one of those types of weapons on a federal level.  If its something as simple as owning a handgun or rifle that California has deemed to be illegal under their state laws, the punishment varies from probation and a heavy fine to jail time.

I don't know the specifics...don't want to prejudge...but given what the 49ers were saying and what was alleged this kinda smells like a payoff. Dudes career was about to be over...and may still be tarnished. I'm sure he and her both realized that the only way to get compensation was for him to continue playing and her get a settlement.

15 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

i found this in an article from April 12th, looks like he could still have a felony with the assault rifle 

" He also faces felony charges of... possession of an assault weapon, and misdemeanor possession of a high-capacity magazine in connection with a Sig Sauer 516 short-barreled rifle authorities seized from his home"

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i found this in an article from April 12th, looks like he could still have a felony with the assault rifle 

" He also faces felony charges of... possession of an assault weapon, and misdemeanor possession of a high-capacity magazine in connection with a Sig Sauer 516 short-barreled rifle authorities seized from his home"

so a weapon that violates California law. But it could also violate Federal law if that barrel is below 16 inches and not registered as an NFA item. the "high capacity magazine" is federally legal. So likely he's looking at a fine and probation at most.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don't know the specifics...don't want to prejudge...but given what the 49ers were saying and what was alleged this kinda smells like a payoff. Dudes career was about to be over...and may still be tarnished. I'm sure he and her both realized that the only way to get compensation was for him to continue playing and her get a settlement.

Or it could be she tried to ruin his career as payback for being dumped and she changed her tune when her attorney and or police informed her there where legal consequences for filing a false report.

Guess the biggest tell will be if former girlfriend suddenly gets a new car or something. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Or it could be she tried to ruin his career as payback for being dumped and she changed her tune when her attorney and or police informed her there where legal consequences for filing a false report.

Guess the biggest tell will be if former girlfriend suddenly gets a new car or something. 

Yep...just something strikes me funny. Girl calls cops after being beaten up and they have evidence and then months later as soon as the team says they will cut him if its true she recants her story. It seems the police will prosecute with or without her story...so its very likely something credible happened...maybe it wasn't Foster who knows the whole thing...but yeah...find it very fishy. Oh well. I just hope everyone learns something...and it never happens again.

Wow.

Is Michelle Beadle going to say she was wrong? Lynch said he would let it play out and if Foster was found guilty of assault against a woman he would cut him. That wasn't good enough for the feminist Beadle. She wanted him cut immediately! She said the league needs to be proactive instead of reactionary. I guess when dealing with domestic issues with women she doesn't beleive in innocent till proven guilty.

I really would love if someone called her out on this on air But highly doubt it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Wow.

Is Michelle Beadle going to say she was wrong? Lynch said he would let it play out and if Foster was found guilty of assault against a woman he would cut him. That wasn't good enough for the feminist Beadle. She wanted him cut immediately! She said the league needs to be proactive instead of reactionary. I guess when dealing with domestic issues with women she doesn't beleive in innocent till proven guilty.

I really would love if someone called her out on this on air But highly doubt it.

I wont go into it but I am not a fan of hers at all.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wont go into it but I am not a fan of hers at all.

Ditto. I usually change if she's on but they now have a new show with her on with Greenie and then repeat it so its on like 6 hours in morning. Even when channel surfing its difficult to totally avoid. Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I think once the police are in your house with probable cause, anything they find is fair game. Searching your car because it smells like weed and finding an unregistered handgun, but no weed doesn't mean they can't charge you for the handgun because their primary reason for searching your property wasn't found.

• Like 1

Once again proof...yes proof...that employer's have no business making employment decisions until after a judicial verdict has been rendered.  Only after that process do the facts come out in an objective fashion.  At least its the best we've got.

Employers that try to get ahead of the PR curve by casting off a young person before they know the facts should result in the CEO of the company being cast off him or herself.

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Wow.

As feminism goes, more about punishing men than true equality. Will she demand the woman be punished for falsely accusing him? Will she express and sorrow about how this has affected his career? Will she apologize for demanding him to be immediately cut? I doubt it.

46 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

As feminism goes, more about punishing men than true equality. Will she demand the woman be punished for falsely accusing him? Will she express and sorrow about how this has affected his career? Will she apologize for demanding him to be immediately cut? I doubt it.

Of course she won't. She won't even bring it up again is my prediction.

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

When people are falsely accused, people never apologize.  You can look at the VA case or the Duke LaCrosse Case for that.  In both of those cases a grand total of 1 person apologized and that was a newspaper columnist who wrote on the Duke LaCrosse case.  

Heck they don't even give fake non-apologies.  

It was especially bad with Duke LaCross where the entire "women's studies" department signed letters demanding that these students be immediately expelled from the university.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

When people are falsely accused, people never apologize.  You can look at the VA case or the Duke LaCrosse Case for that.  In both of those cases a grand total of 1 person apologized and that was a newspaper columnist who wrote on the Duke LaCrosse case.  

Heck they don't even give fake non-apologies.  

It was especially bad with Duke LaCross where the entire "women's studies" department signed letters demanding that these students be immediately expelled from the university.  

I agree....and I definitely think Foster deserves his day in court etc....but as far as I know the prosecuters are going to still prosecute him. Just because the girl recanted her story...doesn't mean she lied to begin with. Obviously the police must have enough evidence that a physical altercation took place or they wouldn't have prosecuted to begin with. Again...not saying Foster is guilty...but there is enough here to say something happened....we probably will never know the truth but when it happened there was enough evidence to charge him....and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that without supporting evidence.

My opinion only.....Lynch was very smart publicly coming out and saying if Foster is found guilty, he’s off the team.  He covers his butt and at the same time provides an opportunity for the woman to recant....probably knows that she wants to get paid like everyone else.  If Foster is out of the league, then the gravy train goes off the tracks.  How much is a beating worth?  If/when she recants, Lynch has the necessary ammo to keep his prized LB on the team, at least until Fosters next battery charge.  Bottom line, I don’t think Lynch was casting Foster off.  Quite the contrary....he essentially got the woman to really think about what she might be losing if she goes forward.  Opened the door for Foster to remain in the league at a time when the NFL is cracking down on domestic violence for PR sake.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2018 at 4:48 AM, Narcosys said:

Then those very same women wonder why other women voted for our President. Not all minorities and women have to go with the grain fed to them, they are very capable of thinking for themselves to make decisions expedient for them, even if those that disagree with them do not want to acknowledge it in the name of feminism or race baiting.

I will say this, as the father of a daughter, this is still the best country for my daughter to live in. However, I will always teach her not to jump the gun and wait for the facts to come out, and the process to play out, however excruciatingly long or painful it might be. If that means reactionary over pro-active when it comes to convicting someone, so be it. That is the least amount of respect we owe to our justice system.

#Offmysoapboxnow :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2