Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baker at #1 helps Colts?

If Mayfield goes number one I think theres a better chance that there is a trade up and Indy gets who's left of Chubb/Barkley.  I had talked myself out of getting either of those guys but Mayfield #1 overall could help.  AZ/BUF would IMO, be more likely to get to 4 or 5 and get their QB.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Denver could still take Chubb who I've read is very high on their board if Darnold or Mayfield isn't there for them.

Maybe, but they may end up selling that pick.   I still don't think he's who they get after picking up Shane Rays option, still having Shaq Barrett and Von Miller.

1 hour ago, Nyvart said:

If Mayfield goes number one I think theres a better chance that there is a trade up and Indy gets who's left of Chubb/Barkley.  I had talked myself out of getting either of those guys but Mayfield #1 overall could help.  AZ/BUF would IMO, be more likely to get to 4 or 5 and get their QB.

Heck yes ... if mayfield goes first Sam goes second to sit behind Eli and learn. 

Then allen, trade Rosen, barkley, Chubb 

Scenario:

CLE #1: Mayfield, QB

NYG #2: Darnold, QB 

NYJ #3: Allen, QB

CLE #4: Trade down with a QB-needy team (most likely) or Barkley/Chubb (Barkley more likely here)

DEN #5: If the above is a trade and a QB, then this pick will be Chubb or Nelson (won't be Barkley), if the above is Barkley, then this pick will be Chubb

IND #6: Either way, we are going to get a massive trade down with a team like the Bills for a guy like Rosen, OR get Chubb/Barkley.

If Mayfield goes #1 overall, mark my words: we get Barkley/Chubb OR trade down to 11 or 12 for a MASSIVE Haul.

• Like 2

Many articles stating the Giants are looking to trade down now. Speculation of Denver moving to #2. That would not help the Colts. Buffalo moving to #2 would.

Also racist tweets from Josh Allen seem to have surfaced. We're in for a wild ride tonight lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, masnerj said:

Scenario:

CLE #4: Trade down with a QB-needy team (most likely) or Barkley/Chubb (Barkley more likely here)

DEN #5: If the above is a trade and a QB, then this pick will be Chubb or Nelson (won't be Barkley), if the above is Barkley, then this pick will be Chubb

IND #6: Either way, we are going to get a massive trade down with a team like the Bills for a guy like Rosen, OR get Chubb/Barkley.

If Mayfield goes #1 overall, mark my words: we get Barkley/Chubb OR trade down to 11 or 12 for a MASSIVE Haul.

I think 1-4 are going to be QB’s and we will get barkley or Chubb at 6

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Many articles stating the Giants are looking to trade down now. Speculation of Denver moving to #2. That would not help the Colts. Buffalo moving to #2 would.

Also racist tweets from Josh Allen seem to have surfaced. We're in for a wild ride tonight lol.

If Denver is moving up it's probably for Darnold if true.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Go figure they come out now

2 minutes ago, masnerj said:

Scenario:

Jets most likely would take Rosen

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I just don't see them doing it. They need a cheap franchise QB...and there is no guarantee they will have this opportunity again. They could have made the trade by now and spent time scouting for those new picks. 

I think they have everyone chasing rumors...only to end up drafting Darnold. I think the top two picks have been worked out for a while. But both teams are keeping a tight lid, so everyone is guessing...which is the fun part of it.

I think the real fireworks start at pick 5...maybe pick 4.

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Just read a report that said that if Chubb falls to #5, the Raiders want to trade up for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772565-raiders-draft-rumors-oakland-willing-to-trade-to-no-5-or-6-for-bradley-chubb

That would pretty much make everyone on this board blow a gasket.

Why on earth would the Broncos help the Raiders? I don't see that happening unless the Raiders pulled a Ditka and offered their whole draft for the pick. I would be shocked if Elway did anything to help Oakland.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Then there's this:

"There have been whispers about the Colts trading up for Bradley Chubb. - Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network"

Yeah, I was reading that too.

I just don't think the Colts trade up at all. They are in a good position to stand pat and wait till they see who is there at #6. They may have a tentative deal in place but I don't think they will pull the trigger till they are sure who is there. Who should they make a deal before they are on the clock and take a chance on not getting Barkley or Chubb? If they did pull the trigger ant either one of them were there at #6 every Colt fan would blow a gasket. Maybe even Irsay?

I just don't believe this. Baker Mayfield to me will be a bust in the NFL. That said I don't see a way that if he goes #1 that we don't end up with either Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson at 6. Now....if Ballard doesn't value one of those guys I could understand moving back...but to me those are 3 players worth taking at 6. I have no questions about them. Virtually any other player at 6 I have some questions....doesn't mean I wouldn't support them or I wouldn't possibly be wrong but Smith has injury questions, Edmonds very green and raw, secondary in this new defense I don't think needs to be taken that high when your mostly playing zone. So in saying all this....I would be very happy that one of those 3 would be our pick. I don't believe it yet...but I'd have to be blown away by a trade if they are there for me. Leave it to Cleveland to mess up another qb pick.

47 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Then there's this:

"There have been whispers about the Colts trading up for Bradley Chubb. - Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network"

No...can't see that happening. We wouldn't have traded back if we weren't ok with missing out on Chubb. We would have waited til draft night to move back or we stay home and take the pick. Don't get me wrong Chubb is the pick for me...but I have come to the conclusion that we moved back knowing he is likely off the board.

Just now, dgambill said:

No...can't see that happening. We wouldn't have traded back if we weren't ok with missing out on Chubb. We would have waited til draft night to move back or we stay home and take the pick. Don't get me wrong Chubb is the pick for me...but I have come to the conclusion that we moved back knowing he is likely off the board.

Yeah, I can;t see it happening either but just for the sake of argument. Let's say Chubb is there at 4. If Ballard really really wants him and flips our third rounder to Cleveland (which is about a 50 point overpay by the Colts per the chart), I could live with it. We still came out way ahead on the Jets deal. But again, not ideal and I can't see it happening. I'll stay put and take Smith all day.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think if Chubb falls to #6 the Colts jump on real quick. (or they should IMO).

That is why I said the Colts more than likely won't do anything till they find out who is there at #6. If Nelson is there and Chubb is not they should just take him instead. Both of those talents would help the Colts from day one.