Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dont sleep on Colts taking Derwin James

If you are going to be drafting James to play linebacker, why not just draft the best linebacker in the draft? Derwin James is extremely talented player and if we draft him it's because Ballard think he's BPA. I don't think Gaethers coming off of a serious neck injury should stop you from drafting a blue chip player at the other safety position especially with the new defense relying on a ton of dime and nickel sub-packages

• Like 1

James is one of my favorties....    and guys like Louis Riddick and Daniel Jeremiah have comped him to......

Sean Taylor.      No, not as good,  but similar qualities....

Works for me!       And I think he'd be a scary good fit with Hooker.     Seriously great fit.

But I can't convince myself that Ballard's first two first round picks are both going to be safeties....    not when he's always talking about how important the front-7 is to his defense....

• Like 1

I'll be slightly disappointed whoever we take at #6, unless Chubb falls. I'm hoping pretty strongly we trade back again and get one of those 4-8 guys -- James, Fitzpatrick, Smith, Edmunds, and whoever #8 is (for me it's probably McGlinchey, Connor Williams is getting a lot of top 10 push lately also). 

If Baker Mayfield goes #1 -- which is kind of mind-blowing, IMO -- I think the top five will be bananas. That might make the 4 QB dream come true.