Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

Hi, Colts fans!    NFL Draft night is finally here.   Our Indianapolis Colts and the 31 other NFL teams will start drafting players, and the drama begins,  in the 2018 NFL Draft from AT&T Stadium right after 8:00PM Eastern Time, and through Sunday afternoon.  Cleveland Browns are on the clock, launching the 2018 NFL Draft with their #1 overall pick, in light of their 0-16, 2017 NFL Regular Season Record.

This year the Colts own nine draft picks, with additional picks acquired earlier, when the Colts agreed to drop down from #3, to #6 overall with the New York Jets.  Immediate needs include a defensive lineman, linebacker, offensive lineman, and wide receiver.

We wish Jim Irsay, General Manager Chris Ballard, Head Coach Frank Reich, and the the Colts coaching, and college scouting scouts. do their strategy from their war room during the 2018 NFL Draft.

GO COLTS!!!!!

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=IND

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NFL_Draft

• Like 5
  • Nadine pinned this topic
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor Perspective guys, we took our #3 and got Nelson and 3 2nd Round picks you are crazy if you don't think that is outstanding value.

Wow.  Last year CB picks an overrated safety, now this year an overrated G.  Ballard is worse than Grigson.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff! If the Browns don't take Darnold I would be shocked.

We should find out soon. I hope the Vikes trade back if we don't get Wynn. Good luck to the Colts! Should be a great two nights for you fans.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Last ditch efforts by a scout or two plus give a team or two a chance to trade

I really find it hard to think they would have traded #1.  #4?  Yeah, but not #1.  Just my opinion, though

• Nadine unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hopefully Turay can show something this year if we don't re-sign Houston. I've been a big fan of his but time might be against him after this season. Injuries have ravished him.
    • Ended up doing another mock draft using NFL Mock Draft Database's simulator with no trades. A few of the same players, but a few new ones.   21. Teven Jenkins | OT, Oklahoma State - Jenkins ended up falling to 21 in the mock and I decided to take him. Despite the belief that he's a RT or G only, I think he's got what it takes to play LT and lock down the left side of our line with Q.   54. Ifeatu Melifonwu | CB, Syracuse - I think the most prototypical CB in the draft for our system. He's not as much of a physical freak as his brother, but I think he's a better football player. I draft his teammate at Syracuse in my last mock and honestly, I'd take either of them in a heartbeat.   127. Chris Rumph II | EDGE, Duke - See 1st mock. Smaller, explosive designated pass rusher   165. Josh Imatorbhebhe | WR, Illinois - See 1st mock. Developmental WR that could be an absolute steal.   206. Jamien Sherwood | S, Auburn - Sherwood played safety in college, but I see him more as a dime backer or even converting to OLB (6'1.75" 216lb, 34" arms). He gets a lot of comps to Clayton Geathers and I think they're pretty spot on. He is much better in zone coverage than man and is best playing up in the box. In the pros, I see him moving to OLB and I think he fits our mold pretty well, as I can see him putting a little bit more weight on.   248. Tarron Jackson | EDGE, Coastal Carolina - Developmental edge prospect that seems to have been gaining quite a bit of attention and played in the Senior Bowl. I don't think he'll fall this far, but if he does, it's a no brainer.   I'm not as happy with this one since the edge players I took are both guys that are more developmental than anything. I think this one is hedging our bets that we see some much needed improvement in Banagu & Turay, so we wouldn't need draft picks to step in immediately.
    • The opposite is the consensus, where you refer to positional depth.  The dropoff in OT talent from #21 to #54 isn't huge.... The dropoff in talent at DE from #21 to #54 is close to precipitous..... Many scenarios in which they go DE at 21 if they decide to keep the pick.  
    • TRADE 9:   Steelers get pick No.111 from Jaguars via Bengals Jaguars get pick No.128 and No.140   @EastStreet @NFLfan
    • Hey everyone.  I wasn't able to commit to participating in this, but have read through all the rounds of the draft you've done.  I don't follow college football overall that closely, mainly watch IU games and other big games I'm able to watch.   Just wanted to thank you all for educating me on this year's draft prospects so I'll be able to watch the Draft with a bit of knowledge on some of these players.   It's really helpful when I see names in the draft that I've read about on these mock drafts.   Again, thanks to all of you!  GO COLTS!!!
  • Members