Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

12 minutes ago, pables21 said:

Notice how Wynn, Price and Ragnow are all gone by pick #23. I doubt Hernandez lasts much longer. I think we were all fine passing on Nelson, assuming that one of these other elite G's fell to Round 2. But with these guys going early, I sure am glad to not have missed on a blue-chip lineman. Just saying...

On another note, NO WAY this happens. But Harold Landry still hasn't been chosen and we're at pick #26. Surely he won't fall into our laps in Round 2... right?? :goodluck:

Good point!  Boy color me surprised that guards were taken over the edge and corners.  No way I could have seen that happening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

What did we lose? You can't lose something you don't have?!? If anything, be upset cause we traded back from 3 when we could have had Chubb

Colts fans would be much more excited now if that Jets trade happened tonight, rather than a month ago. Imagine the excitement if, a few hours ago, this happened live:

Colts on the clock (pick #3): "WE HAVE A TRADE!!"

Colts fans everywhere: WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

50% of Colts fans: No dude, we could be taking Chubb!! Why trade down?

Other 50% of Colts fans: Oh yeah, hopefully we trade down and still get Nelson!! What are we getting??

... (long pause) ...

... (another long wait) ...

ESPN announcer: "We have a trade to announce. The Indianapolis Colts have traded the 3rd pick of Round 1 to the New York Jets, in exchange for the 6th pick of Round 1..."

Chubb supporters: Dang, we're probably missing our guy...

Nelson supporters: We can totally land Quenton at #6 still!! But what else did we get...

ESPN announcer (continues): "... and the 4th and 17th picks of Round 2..."

Chubb AND Nelson supporters: OH HOLY HECK TO THE YESS!!! WHAT A DEAL!!! WAY TO GO, BALLARD

Quick-thinking Colts fans: So wait, now we get BACK-TO-BACK selections in Round 2? Sweet...

ESPN announcer (still continuing): "... AND the Jets Round 2 pick in 2019"

ESPN announcer: **drops the mic**

ALL Colts fans: **silence, due to utter shock and awe of what they just heard**

... (after regaining consciousness) ...

ALL Colts fans: "We're getting Nelson AND three 2nd-rounders. What a night to be a Colts fan!"

or something like that lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, danlhart87 said:

A projected 3rd to 4th Rounder in first holy cow Steelers:woah:

I'm shocked, but love it. That's now Hurst, Penny and Edmunds going in the 1st. They were projected 2nd-3rd round talents. So you know what that means for the Colts??

3 projected 1st-round talents sliding to us :rock:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Chargers are probably giddy that Derwin James dropped in their laps, a very good secondary will get better if they get him

Agreed. I would have accepted Indy selecting James at #6. That's incredible value for them to nab him at #17. They're building a nice defense in San Diego.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Give me Landry and Williams and this draft is gonna be killer. Jackson Oliver and Guice there as well???  No way this can be messed up.

This next round going to be like waiting till the dance is over on prom night and for your dates dress to come off

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Calvin Ridley to Cowboys?

Gott say, I love seeing Ridley go to the Falcons. They've sorely lacked a legit #2 WR since the decline of Roddy White. Ridley is going to be open A LOT playing opposite of Julio. Nice pickup for them.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

On my board? Landry->Hurst->Connor Williams->Josh Jackson

Thanks. I wonder why we went with Hughes there. Is he better than Isaiah Oliver?

I really wanted OL. With Daniels, Hernandez and Williams on the board, I thought we would draft one of them.