Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Old Josh Allen Tweets Resurface

Someone looked back at Josh Allen's old tweets and brought a bunch of them back. They're from 5-6 years ago, but they're definitely not a good look for someone that has been pretty widely considered a potential #1 overall pick.

Some of the tweets are NSFW.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/04/25/josh-allens-old-nsfw-tweets-were-uncovered-they-are-pretty-disturbing-tweets/

It's kind of shocking nobody from his managing company went through his social media and deleted everything before people got to digging, especially with the history of people digging old tweets from draftees in multiple different sports. Most of those seem like teenage stupidity indeed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I don't think he said anything really bad. It's not a big deal. 

Its nothing egregious, but it's not the kind of stuff you want the face of your franchise saying. That link also didn't include the 3-4 tweets where he drops the N-word, which is always a concern.

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah.....

They're not a good look at all...    but the kid was a teenager in High School....    if we're all judged by our dumbest thngs we did and said in HS,  then God help us all!

I hope he gets a pass on these.....

I think that'll most likely be what happens. He'll use the "I was young and dumb" excuse and it'll probably just fade away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's from 2012 the kid was prolly in hs. Why does everyone freak out over stupid stuff in the media kids say dumb things and you dont think young dumb kids don't curse and say dumb things trying to be funny move on media this is stupid 

Oh I agree, unfortunately someone will always try to sabotage someone else before the draft. This isn't the 1st time it has happened within 24 hours of the draft. Just hope it doesn't affect us negatively with who we could get and a possible trade down.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is actually really bad for us. If Josh Allen falls now, then Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson are all going before us, and we may not even get an opportunity to have someone trade up for Allen. We may have to slightly reach for Roquan at 6 now.

Personally, I don't think taking Roquan at 6 is a reach at all. I've heard Bill Polian say one more than one occasion on NFL Live and other ESPN Radio shows that in any regular year where there weren't so many QB's who were going to be taken that he would be a top 5 pick.

As far as the Josh Allen Twitter comments, it is once again another example of why kids shouldn't have social media. I hope that he is actually sincere in his apology especially for using the "N word". Hopefully he is given a chance to prove that he was just a stupid kid and that the comments aren't a true reflection of who he is. It has already been mentioned but who of us would want to be judged by the dumb things we did in our teenage years? I'm so thankful there wasn't social media when I was a teen in the late 80's and early 90's!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah.....

They're not a good look at all...    but the kid was a teenager in High School....    if we're all judged by our dumbest thngs we did and said in HS,  then God help us all!

I hope he gets a pass on these.....

I agree, to kill a guy for things he said in high school is ridiculous imo.  Unfortunately,  there will be some media people that will go after him anyway.   

To be honest, he put on twitter what some people think (could even be folks in the NFL) but thinking something and putting it on twitter, someone did not let him know of the difference. 

Puberty and testosterone can be a bad combination. Small town guy who never grew up with much diversity around probably could be expected to say a few dumb things when he's on adrenaline. I remember my wife telling me that when she was in the small town she grew up in, there was a guy who touched her inappropriately, the good thing was it was not repeated and hence she did not report him. I think it was in 4H that she was part of then, about 30 years ago.

NFL GMs would care only if he couldn't play and if he made such bad decisions in college when he was growing into an adult. Like some poster said a while ago "Even if Cam Newton sacrificed a cat in a ceremony, they'd ignore it since he can play at a high level but if Kaepernick did the same, probably vilify him for it because Kaepernick can't play the QB postion currently anywhere close to what Cam can". 

It's crazy how obsessive people are to break another person down and attempt to ruin someone's career. Like why? Be happy someone gets to carry out their dreams. Aslong as they aren't a p.o.s and a completely terrible person why bring up petty stuff?

I do not condon what the child (~13-14 yrs old) said, but there should be a shelf life for stories like this... or a responsibility by the mass media to ethically not report on what a minor says...2 cents. This is a non story...and as irrelevant or damaging as singing along to gangster rap lyrics on a Sunday afternoon.

• Like 2

My concern is that while he was "young and dumb", with a few too many drinks in him out with friends, does this kind of stuff pop up again? I was young and dumb, but I don't recall ever saying anything like that, let alone posting it on social media. It honestly could be nothing, but I didn't view him as a top QB prospect due to his inability to actually play the QB position well (outside of having a cannon of an arm) and this doesn't help.

Releasing video of Tunsil in a gas mask getting high during the draft is sabotaging a player.  Finding tweets which have been on the known account of the player for all these years and have been readily accessible to anyone with basic Internet searching capabilities speaks much more to how poorly vetted these soon-to-be-millionaires apparently are. 

• Like 1