Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Throws At Duke [Merge]

BNS

Hopefully this week we'll get the news that he will continue to be the Colts QB.

True. But...If they draft Luck, as it appears they will...who thinks sitting Luck on the bench more than 1 year is a good thing? I don't. I love PM and all that, but...I really don't want Luck to sit more than 1 season. I know other successful QBs have done it. But, Im just sayin...

my opinion is if the colts were going to be bring him back they would have done it already. their just keeping him on the roster long enough for him to use the colts trainers when he needs to or if he wants to. because theres no guarentee a team will sign him right off the bat if the colts release him so he would be stuck with out any trainers or medical personel to assist in anything. this video is going to mean nothing to irsay and he has pretty much made his mind up. might as well be ready for the Luck era because its started

If this has been posted, then I apologize and ask that the topic be deleted. I saw this video played during the Duke-North Carolina game. Looks like his arm strength is pretty good!

Thanks Barry.,...

It's good to see him throwing....It confirms what we'd been hearing and what he said before the Super Bowl..

I could not tell if he could throw the 40-50 yard ball that you must have

But I saw him throw a sideline 'out' pass well.

If there are no setbacks.....the issue is simply signing him to a contract that works for the team...

If he's healthy and both sides are willing to re-do his deal..(as they said they are) ..he's coming back with us...

Just curious if anyone did. Cause i saw it and he looked very good.

I want Luck but i dont think him sitting is the best option. But Manning looked pretty good.

Cant wait till Thursday, it will all unfold.

I saw a video of someone in a white #18 jersey with a helmet on, throw 4 passes.

Nobody could mimic the MANning himself.

It was him, and I have a feeling he played a part in the release of the video. It was a strategic move on his part.

I see. So because you believe that no one can mimic PM, that it must have been him on the video.

I hope Mr. Irsay does better due diligence.

I seen it, sure looked like Manning to me. Has Manning come out and said it wasn't him? Have the Colts said anything? It was just 4 passes, didn't look like anyone was playing defense but it was positive video so what are we to believe. I say it was him but hey, does it matter, Irsay has already made his bed and he's going to have to lie in it.

I see. So because you believe that no one can mimic PM, that it must have been him on the video.

I hope Mr. Irsay does better due diligence.

Frog there is no denying that was PM. I wonder how long you have actually been a Colt fan because that was no doubt Peyton Manning. That video isn't an instant check signing. I'm sure he will still do his due deligence, and may have made a decision, but that was no doubt PM. Where did you go to school? My guess is Stanford.

Frog there is no denying that was PM. I wonder how long you have actually been a Colt fan because that was no doubt Peyton Manning. That video isn't an instant check signing. I'm sure he will still do his due deligence, and may have made a decision, but that was no doubt PM. Where did you go to school? My guess is Stanford.

BMoreColt, I am not denying or confirming that the person on the video throwing the 4 passes was or was not PM. I have no verified information to confirm or deny that. I doubt you have any either.

You may wonder all you want. However, as a Colts fan who has his feet firmly on the ground, and recognizing reality for what it is, I see what I see, and I refuse to see what others want to see. There is a difference between reality and what you want to be reality. The latter leads one to overstate the reality.

BMoreColt, I am not denying or confirming that the person on the video throwing the 4 passes was or was not PM. I have no verified information to confirm or deny that. I doubt you have any either.

You may wonder all you want. However, as a Colts fan who has his feet firmly on the ground, and recognizing reality for what it is, I see what I see, and I refuse to see what others want to see.

It was Peyton. His mannerisms, his release, his movement, his follow through. I know because a Colt fan or even a Manning fan knows him when they see him. Does the video convince he is healthy? No it doesn't, it also doesn't mean he will be a Colt. What it does show is he doesn't have a noodle arm, and he appears to be getting healthy. I just don't understand why a person like you who gives good facts, always questions anything positive Peyton, but you don't question knocks on manning. Yes you give good cap numbers and present good fiscal knowledge, but it really seems that you pile it on against manning. Hope you won't be too disappointed if he remains a Colt.

It was Peyton. His mannerisms, his release, his movement, his follow through. I know because a Colt fan or even a Manning fan knows him when they see him. Does the video convince he is healthy? No it doesn't, it also doesn't mean he will be a Colt. What it does show is he doesn't have a noodle arm, and he appears to be getting healthy. I just don't understand why a person like you who gives good facts, always questions anything positive Peyton, but you don't question knocks on manning. Yes you give good cap numbers and present good fiscal knowledge, but it really seems that you pile it on against manning. Hope you won't be too disappointed if he remains a Colt.

You are mistaken. I question everything, including this video. I will not be disappointed if PM is back under center. I will be disappointed if PM is back under center with his current agreement.

Bmore is right.

You seem like a knowledgable fan Frog, but you're very quick to accept and pimp out anything negative against Peyton, but at the same time when a video 'allegedly' showing Peyton throwing the football, you're quick to shoot it down. It is clear you want Peyton gone and Luck starting, and that's okay, but just admit it. I suspect you are a Stanford fan, and don't really have an NFL home. You will follow Luck to the NFL wherever that may be....just be prepared to watch him sit the bench for the next 4 years.

Nobody could mimic the MANning himself.

It was him, and I have a feeling he played a part in the release of the video. It was a strategic move on his part.

I agree. They were also 4 pretty tough throws. Like they were hand picked.

Bmore is right.

You seem like a knowledgable fan Frog, but you're very quick to accept and pimp out anything negative against Peyton, but at the same time when a video 'allegedly' showing Peyton throwing the football, you're quick to shoot it down. It is clear you want Peyton gone and Luck starting, and that's okay, but just admit it. I suspect you are a Stanford fan, and don't really have an NFL home. You will follow Luck to the NFL wherever that may be....just be prepared to watch him sit the bench for the next 4 years.

You are mistaken. I am not quick at all to pimp out negative information about PM. I am equally slow to jump to conclusions on inconclusive evidence. When someone asks me if I saw PM on video throwing the ball, I have to honestly say I haven't, because I cannot tell that it was him under that helmet and in that jersey. The video quality was poor, and never did it provide a closeup for me to distinguish his facial features to confirm that was PM.

Guys Frog is probably right.

It must have been Duke University Quarterback, Sean Renfree. He must have put on a #18 jersey, while Peyton was on campus, and done his Peyton Manning impersonation. Too bad for Duke fans, he doesn't do a very good 'Peyton Manning impersonation' on gameday.

Guys Frog is probably right.

It must have been Duke University Quarterback, Sean Renfree. He must have put on a #18 jersey, while Peyton was on campus, and done his Peyton Manning impersonation. Too bad for Duke fans, he doesn't do a very good 'Peyton Manning impersonation' on gameday.

I have no information that it was Renfree or PM or anyone else under that helmet in that white #18 jersey in the video. I doubt you have any information on that too.

You see, this is an example of me slow to acknowledge negative information that you are putting forth. ;)

Joe Theisman thought it was him and was pretty sure it was him without a doubt but what does he know?

Look, I am sure it was Manning as well but using what Joe Theisman said about anything as evidence to support your point means you should probably be looking for more evidence elsewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/peyton-manning-throws-to-receivers-on-duke-campus-again/2012/03/03/gIQAdcFLpR_story.html

DURHAM, N.C. — Colts quarterback Peyton Manning threw to receivers in a recent workout on Duke’s campus.

Athletic department spokesman Art Chase says Manning returned less than a month after he came to throw with college offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe, who is now Duke’s head coach.

Chase made his remarks on Saturday. Chase confirmed the veracity of a video posted Friday to YouTube and reported on by Yahoo Sports.

Manning has spent the past six months recovering from his third neck operation in less than two years, and the Colts have to decide by Thursday whether to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million roster bonus or let him become a free agent.

I saw the tape and the 4 throws made did look good. I just wonder how much editing went into it, because there was editing. I also wonder at what point in the workout were those throws taped, at the beginning, middle, end, a little bit of all 3?

As encouraging as the video looks, and IMO it was Manning, I would still like to see an unedited, longer than 27 sec, more extensive than 4 throws video of Manning before I start jumping up and down and get all excited.

It was nice to see though!