Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st Fubar Selection in the 2018 NFL Draft goes to...?

I’m not really a Mayfield fan , so I’ll say him.

Choosing the team is tricky , however. I’ve seen him mocked to the Browns,Jets, Broncos , Dolphins and Cardinals....

I’ll say the Dolphins because I think they’re a badly run franchise . But, I’m not convinced he falls to 11.

• Like 1

I don't get why all the experts are picking so many QBs in the top ten.  To underwhelming Pac12 guys, and a Wyoming kid with horrible stats?  I actually would love for the Browns to finally build a good team.  They have been poor Charlie Brown for so long.  Unfortunately, the more crap QBs taken, the better our six pick, so the Browns will have to stink for another ten to twenty years.

Just now, Four2itus said:

The Pats first pick.:goodluck:

You know what's funny about that, I've seen a couple sources suggest their pick will be Kyle Lauletta, the QB from Richmond.  Drafting any FCS player with a first round pick would raise eyebrows at the least.  Garoppolo was a second rounder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Browns, Baker Mayfield, #1 overall.

Leave it to the Browns to screw it up.

They have an opportunity to get the relative equivalent of Troy Aikman and Emmett Smith in the same draft.  But no.  They'll get Jeff Garcia and Jadaveon Clowney.  Maybe.

I agree if they don't take Darnold 1, then Barkley at 4 if he's there, they are nuts.

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Whoever drafts Lamar Jackson before round 3.

The naysayers are dead wrong about this guys game IQ, but he that was never the problem.  The dude is not accurate.  Why get a QB who can't hit his target.  Against an average Purdue defense, w made this guy seem absolutely awful.  I just can't see him hitting tight windows.

1 hour ago, PowerballBlue said:

The naysayers are dead wrong about this guys game IQ, but he that was never the problem.  The dude is not accurate.  Why get a QB who can't hit his target.  Against an average Purdue defense, w made this guy seem absolutely awful.  I just can't see him hitting tight windows.

Well, the Gong goes to Baltimore.  Ozzie's last 1st round choice for the Baltimore fan base.  They can all put blinders on and blame future poor QB play on everything except the QB.

17 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Yup. The Ravens bought the "sizzle", but they'll soon find out there's no "steak" there at all. Great college player, but he may just turn out to be RG4. 

Athleticism and a strong arm should not be near the top things mentioned when talking about the attributes of your NFL QB of the future.  I'd rather have a healthy Chad Pennington. 

I'm not sure I get the Saquon Barkley hype either.  He is a fast space player.  Great.  There are a lot of those.  He is big, but he doesn't really pound it between the tackles.  Lions fans say when their line got banged up, Barkley didn't really make them look any better.  Unless he has Marshall Faulk vision, I see an east west receiving type.