Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Polian Said

BP may be right when he says the will is a higher value position then guard, but the probability of Nelson becoming an all pro vs smith being all pro makes up for the positional value. 

I’m a huge smith fan but I just cannot see Ballard taking smith at 6. If the board plays out 4 qb Barkley we take Chubb. Any other scenario with one of the top 4 qb’s left on the board no way Ballard doesn’t trade down to collect more picks. 

Theres too many holes on this roster to not take advantage of the situation we are in. Someone really really good is gonna be there at 12 maybe even smith. Everyone’s pegging raiders with smith, I wouldn’t be the slightest surprised if they go db or even Vea 

50 minutes ago, waka waka said:

LVE is the most overhyped player in this draft he could be the next big thing but he's got more knocks against him than positives in my book. He's big but struggles to get off blocks, doesn't diagnose very well and to be honest looks great if he was a WILL people call him a MIKE but he's not right now. for someone that big and that fast you only see it in flashes when he's untouched. Not good at getting through trash and in several games last year disappeared. He's my project LB yeah you can take a flyer on him with our last 2nd round pick but he shouldn't go before Fred in my opinion who i think will be a better pro and is a better player now IMO.   

I don't like LVE at all.  There are better ways to spend a 2nd rounder in this draft.

1 hour ago, waka waka said:

LVE is the most overhyped player in this draft he could be the next big thing but he's got more knocks against him than positives in my book. He's big but struggles to get off blocks, doesn't diagnose very well and to be honest looks great if he was a WILL people call him a MIKE but he's not right now. for someone that big and that fast you only see it in flashes when he's untouched. Not good at getting through trash and in several games last year disappeared. He's my project LB yeah you can take a flyer on him with our last 2nd round pick but he shouldn't go before Fred in my opinion who i think will be a better pro and is a better player now IMO.   

Yeah I agree LVE isn't as good as his press.

20 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Chris did work under Bill.  Bill was the VP of Football Operations and Chris was the GM.  It may have been widely reported in 2011 but Chris took over the GM duties and was responsible for the draft in 2009.

This will be the last I say on Jerry Hughes.  The Colts just lost a SB in part (large) part because Freeney was injured and the Colts had no pass rush and Brees had all day to throw.  A guy who could backup Freeney or Mathis was a need and it coincided with the BPA at that pick.

Well, I won’t argue that a backup DE was a need, but there were much bigger starter needs to be filled.  

As for Hughes being BPA, there was a group of players available that were all arguably in the same realm of talent. As I did at the time of that draft, I felt there were players every bit as “BPA”  available, but that much better aligned with need.  I view the Hughes pick as a clear mistake. Agree to disagree, I suppose. 

Anyway, my point was that Polion(s) past team building path, it’s no surprise that he comparatively devalues an OLineman.