Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock's FINAL Rankings Top-100.... 2018

They're officially out....      his round one first round mock is tomorrow night (Wedesday)  and here's his board that he'll be working from...

As allways,  Mayock sees the players different from most....     He's got some interesting views...     some of which I like...    some of which I scratch my head over...

But, it's always a fun read!      Enjoy!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928186/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

Interesting that he has McGlinchey so high. A lot of people I respect have him relatively high and I just don't see it with him as this elite prospect. It's probably me that's wrong here, but I have to stick to what I see I guess... 

Here’s a summary from PFF:

He’s as good as it gets as a run blocking tackle prospect, but isn’t great in pass protection. He’s not elite but definitely worth a 1st rounder just for his high floor in the run game. He also comes from a pro-style offense where he played both tackle positions which boosts his value 

• Like 1

I like his McGlinchey and Smith rankings  Smith #4?.  As far as players of note to me, G Austin Corbett is ranked fairly high in the second round, and CB Josh Jackson a lot lower than others have ranked him.  Josh Jackson is a good fit for the D, and if we could actually get him in the second round that would be stellar.

Interestingly, Mason Rudolph is ranked exactly 37.  Perfect  ranking for a trade down with ARIZ in the second round, who trades up 10 spots to secure him.  Pick 47 and 97 is almost equal value for pick 37.

Hmm.  First year in a while that my board looks nothing like Mayocks.  

Jaire as his first corner???  He's my 5th...

Connor Williams below Miller???? Are we watching tape anymore or just at measurements?

He's high on DJ Moore. I can see why but Ridley just has more to work with now.

The nod to Orlando Brown seems odd.

His QB rankings as usual are extremely skewed to media perception.  But it is interesting that he groups Jackson Rosen and Mayfield together as comparable talent. There's just no way Allen is in the top of any big board that is taking tape into serious consideration...

Love the different perspectives though! Can't wait for the draft.

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

They're officially out....      his round one first round mock is tomorrow night (Wedesday)  and here's his board that he'll be working from...

As allways,  Mayock sees the players different from most....     He's got some interesting views...     some of which I like...    some of which I scratch my head over...

But, it's always a fun read!      Enjoy!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928186/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

I just don't get Josh Allen...people are way over their ski's on this guy.  He has the C for Arkansas ranked over Josh Rosen?  Ok Mike, well, I guess I asked for someone to give me different...here it is.  I guess I can't have it both ways now can I! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rally5 said:

I just don't get Josh Allen...people are way over their ski's on this guy.  He has the C for Arkansas ranked over Josh Rosen?  Ok Mike, well, I guess I asked for someone to give me different...here it is.  I guess I can't have it both ways now can I! 

I think Josh Allen will be the best of the bunch. I love his size and arm strength. Teams are saying he has the best football IQ of the QB class. He scored the highest on the wonderlic test. He's way more athletic than Dornald, Rosen, and Mayfield. It's hard to not notice the upside with Allen. 

On 4/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Hoosiernsavga said:

I think Josh Allen will be the best of the bunch. I love his size and arm strength. Teams are saying he has the best football IQ of the QB class. He scored the highest on the wonderlic test. He's way more athletic than Dornald, Rosen, and Mayfield. It's hard to not notice the upside with Allen. 

Other than he's done nothing on the field he's great. :)

On 4/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Hoosiernsavga said:

i dont see much correlation between football IQ and the wonderlic 

its a bunch of simple math problems