Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Boykin Vs Stephon Gilmore Vs Casey Heyward

I'm loving these player match-ups, keep 'em coming!

Man, Boykin had one heck of a game against Mich St. But I'm a fan of all these guys and would be happy with them all, as far as placement though, Boykin in the second, he brings some versatility in being a returner (a little small though). I think Gilmore will be gone if we wait till the third but I don't think we should use the second rounder on him for the same reason as Ta'amu. Hayward in the third (although there is a good possibility that he would be gone too).

I'm loving these player match-ups, keep 'em coming!

Man, Boykin had one heck of a game against Mich St. But I'm a fan of all these guys and would be happy with them all, as far as placement though, Boykin in the second, he brings some versatility in being a returner (a little small though). I think Gilmore will be gone if we wait till the third but I don't think we should use the second rounder on him for the same reason as Ta'amu. Hayward in the third (although there is a good possibility that he would be gone too).

I coached Stephon in youth football and do not think he will last to 34. I prefer him at WR or FS but he can also play CB. His tallent level says he should go late first round. He is the second best athlete I have coached in 24 years and if he is placed in the right position he will be a mild steal in the second round.

I coached Stephon in youth football and do not think he will last to 34. I prefer him at WR or FS but he can also play CB. His tallent level says he should go late first round. He is the second best athlete I have coached in 24 years and if he is placed in the right position he will be a mild steal in the second round.

Why do you prefer him at safety? Who was the best athlete?

Interesting and cool. However, I'm not liking the game tape. Unfortunately not many people do these videos (I would but I don't have a DVR), so other Gilmore tapes are Highlight tapes which aren't that helpful.

Josh Robison only has highlight tapes too.

Why do you prefer him at safety? Who was the best athlete?

I prefer him at WR first and safety second. He is better reading the action in front of him as a FS and reacting than taking his man one on one at CB. My best athlete was Coderelle Patterson. Coderelle was not as good a student athlete as some of my other players and had to go to JC. He signed to go to Tennessee and should be playing this fall there. He was a shade faster than Stephon as a youth and rumor has it he is now running about a 4.25 forty. Corderelle was short as my youth QB but grew a lot in high school. He is now about 6-3. Hopefully Tennessee will keep him at WR and not move him to DB. He had the outstanding ability to see players around him as he ran full speed and made the cuts to make multiple players miss. I hope he is the Colts first pick in 2013 at WR.

Thanks for the videos. It is much more fun to view them here and discuss them with Colts fans than to have to view them on all the other web sites out there. It takes effort and time to post them here and to view them yourself so again thanks.

I'd say Heyward then Boykins then Gilmore for a team that is looking at corners to play man coverage. If zone then Gilmour, Heyward, Boykins. Gilmour could go in the first to a team that plays zone. Maybe even in front of Kirkpatrick and Jenkins but not to a team playing man