Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Even if we don't make the playoffs this season, it can still be successful if...

colt18

19 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Andrew Luck plays all 16 games and improves 

Marlon Mack improves in pass protection and has more than 700 yards rushing on the season

Colts don’t get smoked by :flyingelvis: this time around. At least lose by no more 14. Tired of getting blown out by them

T.Y. Hilton reclaims his receiving title 

Clayton Geathers plays all 16 games 

Malik Hooker plays all 16 games and leads the league in interceptions 

The offensive line doesn’t kill Andrew Luck

Disagree about TY.  Main reason he won the receiving title 2 years ago was because Luck had no other good receivers to throw to.

If he wins the receiving title again it's likely for a negative reason team wise

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Disagree about TY.  Main reason he won the receiving title 2 years ago was because Luck had no other good receivers to throw to.

If he wins the receiving title again it's likely for a negative reason team wise

AB did it and he shared with JuJu & Le’Veon Bell

It's possible TY could do it and still have good numbers from Enron, Grant and Jack of all Trades Doyle 

3 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Interesting you bring Nelson up. Here’s Stephen’s opinion on him

Ballard does seem to favor the defense as opposed to the offense. Our defense obviously needs more work, but why bother when adding a seemingly automatic pro-bowl guard to protect your franchise pro-bowl quarterback will put you in contention? 

Dont get me wrong, I like Smith, Chubb, and Edmunds at 6, but I don’t see passing on Nelson as an option. There are however a lack of top tier linebackers and edge rushers in this draft. 

Welp, only can wait and see (2 days might I add)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Ballard does seem to favor the defense as opposed to the offense. Our defense obviously needs more work, but why bother when adding a seemingly automatic pro-bowl guard to protect your franchise pro-bowl quarterback will put you in contention? 

Dont get me wrong, I like Smith, Chubb, and Edmunds at 6, but I don’t see passing on Nelson as an option. There are however a lack of top tier linebackers and edge rushers in this draft. 

Welp, only can wait and see (2 days might I add)

Well he’s said he likes the guard talent in round two and on. So 36 & 37 could easily be back to back guard picks like a Billy Price & Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn if those guys fall

Those back to back picks are the ones I’m hyped about the most. I don’t recall Colts ever going back to back picks in the first two rounds since I’ve been a fan :yahoo:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

What...and the opposing defenses didn't get the memo? He won it because he was the best in the league that year. 

On 4/23/2018 at 4:31 PM, NewColtsFan said:

We had a healthy Andrew Luck in 2016...  he started 15 of 16 games and enjoyed one of his best seasons.

And the defense still finshed 31st...    in everything...  points, yards, rushing and passing.   You name it.

Remember we're not running the same defense as we've been.   So Ballard is going to bring in a ton of new guys over the next 2-3 years to run tbe new defense.

New administration...   new coaches...  new players...   new schemes...   new everything.

No my dude we did not Andrew Luck has been injured in his shoulder since during the 2015 season. It was vs Titans was it not when he first sprained it and missed a couple games?

Still I get your point and it's valid but a truly healthy luck does a little more for the whole team then the version we have seen or not seen for the last 3 years. Including 2016 when his stats were good but he still wasn't near 100.

51 minutes ago, BrissettMVP2018 said:

No my dude we did not Andrew Luck has been injured in his shoulder since during the 2015 season. It was vs Titans was it not when he first sprained it and missed a couple games?

Still I get your point and it's valid but a truly healthy luck does a little more for the whole team then the version we have seen or not seen for the last 3 years. Including 2016 when his stats were good but he still wasn't near 100.

He was healthy enough to play and enjoy one of his best seasons.   That's my point.

And I seriously doubt if we find out about the new level if a healthy Andrew Luck thus year.   He's going to be rusty from time off..   he'll need time to get up to speed with new teammates and the new offense.   When does that happen?

Week 1?   Week 4?   Week 8?

None of us knows yet.   We may not have a true read on Luck until 2019.   For right now there are still lots of questions and few answers.

And yes...   I know about his shoulder injury in 2015 vs the Titans...