Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

13 hours ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

The truth is that it’s really hard to get excited about Luck’s return just based on (optimistic) words from Ballard and others associated with the team, need more than that.

Yep.  For most fans around the league he is old news and not very likely to make a comeback.

I hope that is not true and would love to see him back at full strength this year.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:39 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

If he's back to his 2014 self, we'll be fine. Lets hope he can revert back to that. The good thing is that he only declined due to injury, but the question is, can he revert back to pre-injury form? Lets hope so. If he does, we're back in the playoff hunt.

Honeslty, I don't want Luck be back to his 2014 self. I want him to be back to his 2016 self, which was a much more matured version of him. Even playing through an injury, he was a top5 QB in 2016. (Not by my own judgement, but most analysts, though I do agree with them.) Imagine if he was healthy in 2016.

I understand though, that right now Luck is an old story, and people not knowing much about the situating, have writtem him off. Even us are kinda holding our breath a bit, trying to be optimistic but not overly optimistic, if that makes sense. So yeah. But who cares? If Luck will be able to come back without long term affects of the injury, I truly believe he will be better than Rodgers. I really do. He is THAT good.

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

Honeslty, I don't want Luck be back to his 2014 self. I want him to be back to his 2016 self, which was a much more matured version of him. Even playing through an injury, he was a top5 QB in 2016. (Not by my own judgement, but most analysts, though I do agree with them.) Imagine if he was healthy in 2016.

If Luck will be able to come back without a long term affect of this injury, I truly believe he will be better than Rodgers. I really do. He is THAT good.

Although Luck was injured in 2016, I hated him that year for one big reason. He constantly fell behind in games by double digits early in most of the games that year. We went 8-8, but Luck had to play catch up against the prevent defense, and those impressive 2nd half stats catapulted him into a top 5 QB just by playing catch up and being on his game in the 2nd half. I want a 2014 Luck that starts strong and finishes strong. We don't need to punt the entire 1st quarter every game like 2016 again.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Although Luck was injured in 2016, I hated him that year for one big reason. He constantly fell behind in games by double digits early in most of the games that year. We went 8-8, but Luck had to play catch up against the prevent defense, and those impressive 2nd half stats catapulted him into a top 5 QB just by playing catch up and being on his game in the 2nd half. I want a 2014 Luck that starts strong and finishes strong. We don't need to punt the entire 1st quarter every game like 2016 again.

Luck had nothing to do with that. Pagano and his stuff did. Luck played better than he ever did before. By a margin imo. But he can be even better. For him, literally, the sky is the limit.

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

Luck had nothing to do with that. Pagano and his stuff did. Luck played better than he ever did before. By a margin imo. But he can be even better. For him, literally, the sky is the limit.

I agree that was Pagano and his garbage game plans.