#49: Lorenzo Carter LB Georgia
#67: Nick Chubb RB Georgia
#104: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
#105: Wyatt Teller OG Virginia Tech
#140: Tegray Scales LB Indiana
#178: Greg Stroman CB Virginia Tech
#221: Antonio Callaway WR Florida

Breakdown: 

SmithCarter, and Scales bring heavy talent, and upside to an awful LB core.

All 3 of these guys should be starters on our defense.

Davis and Stroman gives us a very good #1 CB in Davis, and a sleeper in Stroman to help this thin secondary

O'Neill and Teller bring stability to a broken OL, with O'Neill taking the RT spot, and Teller being an option at either of the guard spots.

Sutton and Callaway would bring immense help to our offense, with the former being compared to guys like Alshon Jeffery and the latter seeing comparisons to Antonio Brown.

Sutton is a day 1 starter opposite Hilton, and if Callaway can get his head together and focus on football, I won't be surprised if he's the best to come out of this draft

Chubb, granted he could go higher, brings a big physical back to pair with our shifty Marlon Mack. Would be a great duo in the backfield, and an improvement to any other RB Luck has had not named Frank

Hubbard gives us a guy who can get to the QB, to line up alongside Sheard, Simon, and Basham.

Enjoy your thoughts, thanks.

Until 2019 Mocks roll around :thmup:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you'll see O'Neill and Teller both go on Day 2....

I think both will be gone before R4.

I think O'Neill is most likely to go earlier.

I have Teller as a 3-4 round prospect

Jamarco Jones, Chuks Okorafor are more likely at R4 for OTs but I think O'Neill could slide

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Chubb will be gone.   :^)

He's a guy that I could see going at the top of the 2nd if a team believes he could be his pre-injury self or fall to the 3rd if teams look at his last year's tape.

13 minutes ago, tvturner said:

I think O'Neill is most likely to go earlier.

I have Teller as a 3-4 round prospect

Jamarco Jones, Chuks Okorafor are more likely at R4 for OTs but I think O'Neill could slide

O'Neill is more of a projection than production guy. He's athletic and tested well, but his tape isn't stellar. The lack of OT talent in this draft will most likely cause him to be drafted higher than he probably should go.

• Like 1

Don’t like Chubb or Hubbard given other options. Very nice draft otherwise. 

I believe both trade scenarios are realistic but it would leave Miami with no picks in rounds 2 or 3 (from another trade already)and no first rounder next year. That’s a high price. But if I’m the Colts that would be the price of doing business. 

21 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Don’t like Chubb or Hubbard given other options. Very nice draft otherwise. 

I believe both trade scenarios are realistic but it would leave Miami with no picks in rounds 2 or 3 (from another trade already)and no first rounder next year. That’s a high price. But if I’m the Colts that would be the price of doing business. 

I think it's a fair price given the circumstances

Who over Hubbard?

57 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Trading down to 11, getting stud Roquan Smith, AND getting a 2019 1st back from Miami would be a dream scenario. I’m not that big on Hubbard early round 2 though. I’d rather go OG Isaiah Wynn there. 

I doubt he'll be there

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Trading down to 11, getting stud Roquan Smith, AND getting a 2019 1st back from Miami would be a dream scenario. I’m not that big on Hubbard early round 2 though. I’d rather go OG Isaiah Wynn there. 

Ya I agree. I’d switch out Hubbard with one of the top guards. At least one of Hernandez, price, Wynn will be there. ragnow would even be a good pick with our 3rd. We need OL talent more than anything in this draft

Hubbard is actually better than most are giving him credit for. The other options you guys are listing most likely won’t be there and we need to draft edge early. 

What edge would you guys rather get in rd 2?

On 4/21/2018 at 2:01 PM, tvturner said:

The trades: 
IND gets                          MIA gets
Pick 11                            Pick 6
Pick 42
2019 1st rounder

CHI gets          IND gets
#36                  #39

The draft: 

#11: Roquan Smith LB Georgia
#37: Sam Hubbard DE Ohio State
#39: Courtland Sutton WR Southern Methodist
#42: Carlton Davis CB Auburn
#49: Lorenzo Carter LB Georgia
#67: Nick Chubb RB Georgia
#104: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
#105: Wyatt Teller OG Virginia Tech
#140: Tegray Scales LB Indiana
#178: Greg Stroman CB Virginia Tech
#221: Antonio Callaway WR Florida

Breakdown: 

SmithCarter, and Scales bring heavy talent, and upside to an awful LB core.

All 3 of these guys should be starters on our defense.

Davis and Stroman gives us a very good #1 CB in Davis, and a sleeper in Stroman to help this thin secondary

O'Neill and Teller bring stability to a broken OL, with O'Neill taking the RT spot, and Teller being an option at either of the guard spots.

Sutton and Callaway would bring immense help to our offense, with the former being compared to guys like Alshon Jeffery and the latter seeing comparisons to Antonio Brown.

Sutton is a day 1 starter opposite Hilton, and if Callaway can get his head together and focus on football, I won't be surprised if he's the best to come out of this draft

Chubb, granted he could go higher, brings a big physical back to pair with our shifty Marlon Mack. Would be a great duo in the backfield, and an improvement to any other RB Luck has had not named Frank

Hubbard gives us a guy who can get to the QB, to line up alongside Sheard, Simon, and Basham.

Enjoy your thoughts, thanks.

Until 2019 Mocks roll around :thmup:

I like that the trade includes next year's first.  I am not sure Smith will be there at 11, but it is a possibility.   I would like to see the OL addressed earlier in the draft.  I really like N. Chubb if he is there that late.

• Like 1

Assuming we trade with the Bills.....

While I know many will say, Payne is too high; Jackson will be gone, and Evans will be gone....this is my dream of how rounds 1-5 would ideally play out. I think Payne will be a huge difference maker on the interior and Evans will be a beast of a Will. I think Wynn is gone, so Price is the alternative. Same with Nick Chubb and Keryon Johnson.

1st Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama
1st Josh Jackson CB Iowa
2nd Rashaan Evans WOLB Alabama
2nd Isaah Wynn/Billy Price OG Georgia/Ohio St.
2nd Nick Chubb/Keryon Johnson RB Georgia/Auburn
3rd Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame
4th Jamarco Jones OT Ohio St.
5th Airius Moore  ILB  NC State

See, I just don't like all of these trade downs.  I don't know why people are so enamored with them.  I mean it's great we are getting a lot of holes plugged, but one issue we've had for years on defense is that we just have a bunch of average level starters over the past 5 years - ever since we switched to a 3-4.  Mathis was perhaps the exception, but we always knew one of these days, he will be gone and we'll just be meh, and that's what happened.  In fact we were worse than that.

So while I think we get at least some average level starters, and assuming some of these picks are "hits," above average level starters, there's not going to be any marquee players that we build around.  That was the purpose of Ballard trading down, is so that we can gain some more average-to-good starters but still be in a range to take a next level cornerstone player, such as Chubb or Edmunds, or 1 of another couple of guys.  I don't know who you thought would have been available at #6, but assuming it was one of those two guys - Chubb or Edmunds - I just don't think that the combination of Roquan and Carlton Davis is a better outcome.  1 elite player is almost always going to be better off in the long term than 1 above average and 1 good player. 

I guess some people prefer to minimize risk and diversify, and that's acceptable.  But it seems like far to often people think that more picks mean more stars because the assumption is that you will hit on more players.  But the reality is, your chances of hitting on a player are less the further down the draft you go and the corollary of that is, the further down you draft, the less value that player will likely end up being in the long term.  It's not a perfect analysis, but a generally true one.  Players come in all shapes and sizes and we could debate forever if these two players are better than this one player, but even assuming we're all correct, I'd rather have the one elite prospect.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

See, I just don't like all of these trade downs.  I don't know why people are so enamored with them.  I mean it's great we are getting a lot of holes plugged, but one issue we've had for years on defense is that we just have a bunch of average level starters over the past 5 years - ever since we switched to a 3-4.  Mathis was perhaps the exception, but we always knew one of these days, he will be gone and we'll just be meh, and that's what happened.  In fact we were worse than that.

So while I think we get at least some average level starters, and assuming some of these picks are "hits," above average level starters, there's not going to be any marquee players that we build around.  That was the purpose of Ballard trading down, is so that we can gain some more average-to-good starters but still be in a range to take a next level cornerstone player, such as Chubb or Edmunds, or 1 of another couple of guys.  I don't know who you thought would have been available at #6, but assuming it was one of those two guys - Chubb or Edmunds - I just don't think that the combination of Roquan and Carlton Davis is a better outcome.  1 elite player is almost always going to be better off in the long term than 1 above average and 1 good player. 

I guess some people prefer to minimize risk and diversify, and that's acceptable.  But it seems like far to often people think that more picks mean more stars because the assumption is that you will hit on more players.  But the reality is, your chances of hitting on a player are less the further down the draft you go and the corollary of that is, the further down you draft, the less value that player will likely end up being in the long term.  It's not a perfect analysis, but a generally true one.  Players come in all shapes and sizes and we could debate forever if these two players are better than this one player, but even assuming we're all correct, I'd rather have the one elite prospect.

Roquan is just as elite as Chubb and Edmunds 

Davis is a top 3 CB in the draft

imo