Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwight Freeney set to retire as Colt

TKnight24

I remember when the Colts played the Ravens one game and Freeney just owned Ogden all game he had like 2-1/2 sacks a strip and 6 or 7 QB pressures..  They should a shot of Ogden on the the sideline talking to his coach and just shaking his head.  Anyway, so this Raven beat writer rights this big long article braking down each play and showing that, yeah Freeney, got the better of Ogden but it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

Next time the Colts played the Ravens of course all the talk is about the Freeny/Ogden match up and the Ravens beat writer writes another long article explaining how Ogden will have a better game against Freeney this time.  Freeney goes out and dominates Ogden again.  He caused all sorts of problems in the backfield, harrased Flacco all game, similar stat line 2-3 sacks, 6 or 7 QB pressures... just a monster game.  After the game the beat writer broke down every play again and declared that even though it seemed like Freeney dominated Ogden all game, Ogden was clearly the victor in the match up this time.

I think Ogden retired at the end of that year.

• Like 1

I will never forget the first time I saw Dwight Freeney. His rookie year in training camp at Rose Hulman. 

His physicality and presence was evident from the beginning. I had not and still have not seen anyone that impressive. 

Dwight was a unique player and he is headed first ballot to the Hall of Fame. 

For whatever it's worth....   Freeney has been working for ESPN this past month or so...    and he's been great!

Freeney ys very smart, very articulate and well spoken and handles himself as a real media pro.   I think he's got a real future in the business...    

Dwight seems like he does his homework and doesn't rely on opinion as much as many former athletes often do.

I hope we'll all be able to enjoy Dwight for years to come.

• Like 3

Guy was built stoutly and could move. Guys his stature aren't usually that quick and fluid moving.

How about Dwight chasing down Vick all game at th RCA Dome that one time when Vick was still legit homerun Vick?

I expect a thumbs down for posting this one, but it's one I'll always remember. He just 'beasted' on that play.

https://youtu.be/9O84w7RZgB8

• Thanks 1

On April 19, 2018 at 7:07 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, it was a joke alright. Everyone was laughing except the Colts and their fans. I have to tip my hat to Payton for having the guts to call it.

We do? I can't watch that %&*^ play even in 2018. It still gets me angry. 

I applaud you for taking the high road CC1. You're a better man than I am. haha

23 minutes ago, IinD said:

Guy was built stoutly and could move. Guys his stature aren't usually that quick and fluid moving.

How about Dwight chasing down Vick all game at th RCA Dome that one time when Vick was still legit homerun Vick?

I expect a thumbs down for posting this one, but it's one I'll always remember. He just 'beasted' on that play.

https://youtu.be/9O84w7RZgB8

Sweet You Tube clip there LD. :thmup: The German booth commentary gives it additional teeth & bravo. Plus, I like listening to stuff in other languages even if I have no idea what the hades is being said. I get a kick out of where other cultures place their inflections or excited emphasis. 

Soccer analysts covering American Football is the best! Jesus, it's so darn funny. It really is. 

I know you were paying a well deserved tribute to Freeney. I promise to be serious & behave myself now. All your points were spot on BTW. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Freeney has been working for ESPN this past month or so...    and he's been great!

Thanks for the heads up NCF. I usually only flip on that channel occasionally, but if Jeff Saturday & now Dwight Freeney is there. I need to tune in more often.

After watching his retirement speech today on the official website, it doesn't surprise me that he'd be phenomenal. Dwight has a nice flow even when speaking off the cuff & the dude is naturally funny. He's impossible not to like. 

• Like 1

On April 19, 2018 at 5:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had he been healthy, we would've won the SB. That was the difference.

Preach my brother! Preach! None of blame him naturally.

What might have been CBE. What might have been...It hurts man. 

• Like 1