Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Draft Board

I keep making up a mock draft in my head but realize there are too many variables so I put together a board instead. I know a lot of these players will come off earlier than I peggfed them but thats why I have multiples at each round. What do you think?

Round 2

Stephen Hill - WR - Georgia Tech

Kendall Reyes - DE/ DT - U CON

Kelechi Osemele - OG/OT - Iowa State

Peter Konz - C - Wisc

Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson

Round 3

Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Mohamed Sanu*, WR, Rutgers

Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

Orson Charles*, TE, Georgia

Alameda Ta'amu, DT/NT, Washington

Mychal Kendricks, OLB, California

Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

Round 4

Josh Chapman, DT/NT, Alabama

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

Brandon Washington*, G, Miami

Tommy Streeter*, WR, Miami

Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

Brandon Boykin, CB/KR/PR, Georgia

Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette

Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma

Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State

Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU

Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati

Round 5

Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska

Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas

Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS, Montana

Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina

Philip Blake, C, Baylor

Chris Rainey, WR/RB/KR/PR, Florida

Ryan Broyles, WR/PR, Oklahoma

Round 6

T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International

Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT, Baylor

Demario Davis, OLB, Arkansas State

George Iloka, S, Boise State

Round 7

Tony Dye, SS, UCLA

Janzen Jackson*, FS, McNeese State

Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State

Isaiah Frey, CB, Nevada

Justin Bethel, CB, Presbyterian College

Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

Brandon Marshall, ILB/OLB, Nevada

I think you forgot the first round :)

I was going to do something similar to this but where it was almost like a draft-tree where I give a scenario and you pick your favorite outcome, but like you said too many variables. But I like most of the people you have up here although idk if most of your 3rd rounders will make it to us.

Just going off your board...my top people in each round are: Luck, Reyes/Sanu(moved him up one :) ), Hayward/Smith, Bradham/Bentley/Wolf, (I like all of them in rd 5 except Norman since I don't know anything about him), Hilton/Jean-Babtiste, Jackson/Marshall

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He just said MHJ trade up is fantasy land. Some like Steve Smith and Zierlein are ranking Nabers ahead of MHJ so both of those you can pretty much scratch off the trade up list unless they are some how available around pick 10-13. Very unlikely!
    • 2006 has that winning 11 games is enough mentality like so many here. Having a SB level right side of our o-line should be priority one. We are far from it.  We need a shutdown corner that can go man on the many great 4.3 running WR's. This simply allows the deep safety to defend everything else. Instead of Ballard sticking him in the middle of the field knowing that one of his slow corners will get beat deep.  We need a LB for development and depth that can cover better.  And yes a 3rd receiver that gets open quick that can also threaten deep.  With faster, better players on D, Gus could blitz 5 more times a game to get the pressure we need.  I have No Doubt Steichen has taken Ownership, Ballard and his staff to school regarding what we have and what we need.   Pray that 4-5 of our current very young players can become really solid by seasons end. Plus 3-4 really nice draft picks and 2025 and beyond we can be reckoned with.  We need to be amongst the very Best at running the dang ball and pass blocking.   I think if I could move back 5 spots and take Mims at RT and move Smith over that would be great.  Then use the necessary draft capital to get LB Cooper and CB from Rutgers Melton. I would expect Ballard to take Leggett over a CB. That would be a good move to.  I would feel really good about our prospects.
    • I couldn't agree more with the bolded statement.  Once a player is on the team, the only thing his draft position does for him (aside from the money) is maybe give him a little more time to develop.  Mainly because teams are reluctant to admit that their research didn't pan out and they want to see their guy succeed.   As far as defense, I feel the number one responsibility of the GM and the coach is to help the franchise QB be the franchise QB, if you get what I mean.  And until that's proven, if it means sacrificing a need on defense in order to enhance the QB's arsenal, so be it.  But that's just me...    
    • Yeah I didn’t get the impression he felt a huge need to draft a CB.    He was asked about mentioning YAC guys and he said every team wants them. The Colts have had meetings with the two top YAC guys in the draft - Brock Bowers and Malachi Corley. I absolutely think we’re taking Bowers if he falls to us and I even think we may jump up a couple of picks to land him.    If Bowers gets taken ahead of us I feel pretty certain we’re trading back hoping to land another 3rd rounder.    I didn’t catch if they were talking about draft targets or players already on the roster when they talked about on dimensional guys? My initial thought was Pierce.    I think it’s a given we’re taking at least one Olineman this draft, but that’s not really anything new. 
    • My guesses based on this presser:   - Ballard will NOT draft a CB in the 1st... maybe at all? Everything he's saying seems to suggest he likes the group we have and he wants to see them play and have a chance to develop. I'm almost certain if Mitchell for example is there at 15... we pass on him... either for trade back or for an offensive weapon... or DE? - Ballard WILL trade back. If not in the 1st... then later in the draft... but most probably in the 1st. IMO he pretty much advertised to his potential customers by telling them how many 1st round grades he has. Teams 19-21 are welcome to call and will receive warm greetings from Ballard. Rams, Steelers, Dolphins?  - He seemed to be talking about a specific someone one dimensional offensive weapon when he was talking about them just having had a meeting about a certain player... about whether them and the coaching staff see the way he can be used the same way... and if they agree on this, IMO this is a potential target for the Colts. The names that come to mind - Brian Thomas Jr and Xavier Worthy... A lot of the other WRs are more well rounded...  - The Colts LOVE the OL class both at the top and in depth. I have seen some OL experts suggest there might be 10 starting centers in this draft... and the OTs class in the 1st is like nothing I've ever seen. Can we draft an OL in the 1st? Doubt it... but absolutely expect a few shots on day 2 and 3.   
  • Members

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 3,730

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 2,654

• w87r

w87r 13,762

Moderators
    • stitches

stitches 19,199

• Iron Colt

Iron Colt 128