Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Tua and M. Stafford may have a claim on the best QBs out of the SEC.  Kentucky's D is really good and it will be interesting to see them against UGA's offense.  Wilson will need to have a good game too, K. Smart will try to take Snell out of the game.  I do believe that Kentucky's defense and home field advantage will give them a chance against Georgia.

Definitely agree on Tua and Stafford but Lock has a ton of QB records. Think he has the most all time passing touchdowns in SEC history (or is close to that record). Hes pretty good the team around him usually stinks lol. I think he hurt himself by coming back though. Should've went to the NFL last year.

And agree on UKs D and home field being huge. Definitely the best UK defense probably since the Art Still days. I feel if Josh Allen played for OSU or Bama there would be talk of him being a top 5 pick. Hes a monster. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Definitely agree on Tua and Stafford but Lock has a ton of QB records. Think he has the most all time passing touchdowns in SEC history (or is close to that record). Hes pretty good the team around him usually stinks lol. I think he hurt himself by coming back though. Should've went to the NFL last year.

And agree on UKs D and home field being huge. Definitely the best UK defense probably since the Art Still days. I feel if Josh Allen played for OSU or Bama there would be talk of him being a top 5 pick. Hes a monster. 

I think he is a first rd lock for sure! He is a stud. Seems to be more of a 3-4 OLB...would have loved to have him when we were playing that.

I'm not sure UK can score enough to keep up with Georgia but one game anything can happen...and it will be rocking there in Lexington. They definitely got away with a lackluster performance at Missouri....not even sure that wasn't offensive pass interference on that last call as opposed to the defense...but a great finish non-the-less.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:12 PM, Virtuoso80 said:

Purdue 42 Ohio State 20

Every time ohio state gets within 15 Purdue finds a way to score again. WOW.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Rondale Moore is impressive

Imagine how high Purdue would be ranked if they had not given away their first 2 games this season. 

Is there any reason to continue with the season with Tua down there and Alabama? I mean unless he gets injured nobody is even close. Kentucky might have done the right thing losing so they can save themselves the public humiliation of playing in the SEC championship. At least now they have a chance to continue the feel good season and build on their success...Alabama would have just made it obvious how far away they are. It’s what I fear if ND has to play them in the playoffs. I’d rather they lose then have to face them and get humiliated on tv.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Is there any reason to continue with the season with Tua down there and Alabama? I mean unless he gets injured nobody is even close. Kentucky might have done the right thing losing so they can save themselves the public humiliation of playing in the SEC championship. At least now they have a chance to continue the feel good season and build on their success...Alabama would have just made it obvious how far away they are. It’s what I fear if ND has to play them in the playoffs. I’d rather they lose then have to face them and get humiliated on tv.

Imo, Clemson has a good chance to beat Alabama.  Clemson has a strong defense and since they switched QBs, their offense has really improved.  The next best chance might be Michigan, strong defense, but I'm not sure their offense is good enough. 

10 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Imo, Clemson has a good chance to beat Alabama.  Clemson has a strong defense and since they switched QBs, their offense has really improved.  The next best chance might be Michigan, strong defense, but I'm not sure their offense is good enough. 

Clemson will get a beat down like they did last year. I watched Syracuse have them dead to rights this year. Beating up on hapless UofL doesn't impress me. LSU defense is legit...and Alabama didn't look phased. To me you have to be able to have an elite qb and offense and outscore them...and I don't see one of those. There isn't a defense in the country that could hold that team under 20...and with the defense they have...I don't think anyone can score more than 20 on them.....at least not playing their starters the whole way. This team is so deep and talented that Saban could not sign another 5 star the next 4 years and probably win another 2 or 3 championships before he retires. Their backups are better than anyone's starters. I don't know how it's possible they get all these top prospects but if basketball players are getting paid something tells me these footballers are getting some help too!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Clemson will get a beat down like they did last year. I watched Syracuse have them dead to rights this year. Beating up on hapless UofL doesn't impress me. LSU defense is legit...and Alabama didn't look phased. To me you have to be able to have an elite qb and offense and outscore them...and I don't see one of those. There isn't a defense in the country that could hold that team under 20...and with the defense they have...I don't think anyone can score more than 20 on them.....at least not playing their starters the whole way. This team is so deep and talented that Saban could not sign another 5 star the next 4 years and probably win another 2 or 3 championships before he retires. Their backups are better than anyone's starters. I don't know how it's possible they get all these top prospects but if basketball players are getting paid something tells me these footballers are getting some help too!

I don't know about the pay thing, but you never know for sure.  Syracuse only had Clemson on the ropes because Clemson's QB was knock out of the game early.  I am not saying your wrong about what Alabama could do to Clemson, but that is about the only team that has a legit chance to go toe to toe with the Tide.  Lawrence is a very good QB, the Clemson offense has looked a lot better since he replaced Bryant.  Alabama's D looks a lot better than they did earlier in the year and Q. Williams is looking like a top 5 pick in next years NFL draft.  He was sitting the bench last year behind Payne.  So yeah, their depth is incredible.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 2:06 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Man that UK game flat out sucked. UGA was just better though. I'm proud UK put themselves in position for the East though. Should finish at worse with 9 wins. Not a bad year at all.

The Georgia game I think was asking s lot of that team to win. The Tennessee loss is just a bad loss. Like a hangover from the week before. Sadly probably cost you a New Years bowl game. Just a tough week to be a Cats fan. IU had a good week. We’ve got a few injury concerns but the basketball and football teams both won...that’s an accomplishment! Happy for ND too. The running game really showed up. I was worried about Winbush but the rest of the team really carried them to a good win. Syracuse is no joke...tough test next week.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sorry Purdue fans but Louisville just let Petrino go. Next up Brohms buyout.

Good for Louisville. I was surprised they had brought Petrino back. I never liked the guy (quitting in the middle of the season with Falcons and what he did at Arkansas with a staffer).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

The Georgia game I think was asking s lot of that team to win. The Tennessee loss is just a bad loss. Like a hangover from the week before. Sadly probably cost you a New Years bowl game. Just a tough week to be a Cats fan. IU had a good week. We’ve got a few injury concerns but the basketball and football teams both won...that’s an accomplishment! Happy for ND too. The running game really showed up. I was worried about Winbush but the rest of the team really carried them to a good win. Syracuse is no joke...tough test next week.

Your correct Book will be back against Syracuse and will be needed. KY has had a very good year in a very strong conference. IU plays Marquette Wen. a better test of where they are so far. I have liked the athleticism so far . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Your correct Book will be back against Syracuse and will be needed. KY has had a very good year in a very strong conference. IU plays Marquette Wen. a better test of where they are so far. I have liked the athleticism so far . 

Yes a big step up. Marquette is ranked and IU has 3-4 guys likely out with injuries. Green, Race, Hunter, and perhaps Mcroberts. I still think they have enough talent to win though. Phinesee has been really good so far this year. I like the kid. Can’t believe Purdue let a kid from Lafayette get out of town. Going to be a good one for us. Romeo has still not shot the ball well but he knows how to get to the basket and draw fouls. Defense for us is way ahead of the offense. I look for Morgan to have a good game. Excited to get it going!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 6:59 PM, NFLfan said:

Good for Louisville. I was surprised they had brought Petrino back. I never liked the guy (quitting in the middle of the season with Falcons and what he did at Arkansas with a staffer).

Yes...a dirt ball to be sure. The AD said they wouldn’t have had him back if it was going to be the old Petrino....sadly the good Petrino couldn’t coach. If it wasn’t for Jackson he would have been fired long before. Louisville athletics are a mess.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes...a dirt ball to be sure. The AD said they wouldn’t have had him back if it was going to be the old Petrino....sadly the good Petrino couldn’t coach. If it wasn’t for Jackson he would have been fired long before. Louisville athletics are a mess.

Yeah, their fans seem frustrated. If they hire Brohm, that will bring up morale and enthusiasm for the program again.  

• Like 3

Very disappointed in UKs effort vs Tennessee. The offense has turned into a train wreck. I think we will need to get a new OC this offseason. If UKs offense was just average this year we could've went 11-1. 

Anyways 9-3 would be a pretty good season too, but past game was a missed opportunity.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:29 AM, dgambill said:

Yes a big step up. Marquette is ranked and IU has 3-4 guys likely out with injuries. Green, Race, Hunter, and perhaps Mcroberts. I still think they have enough talent to win though. Phinesee has been really good so far this year. I like the kid. Can’t believe Purdue let a kid from Lafayette get out of town. Going to be a good one for us. Romeo has still not shot the ball well but he knows how to get to the basket and draw fouls. Defense for us is way ahead of the offense. I look for Morgan to have a good game. Excited to get it going!

Being hindsight I think they dominated from the start , lets see if they take it on the road in Ark. They definitely have plenty of talent , D was very good. Lol they still wont be ready for Duke . End of season who knows ?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 11:50 PM, NFLfan said:

Yeah, their fans seem frustrated. If they hire Brohm, that will bring up morale and enthusiasm for the program again.  

It’s just a dirty program I’m sorry to say....corrupted by money. Maybe Mack and Brohm can bring some stability and morality to that program again.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Very disappointed in UKs effort vs Tennessee. The offense has turned into a train wreck. I think we will need to get a new OC this offseason. If UKs offense was just average this year we could've went 11-1. 

Anyways 9-3 would be a pretty good season too, but past game was a missed opportunity.

I mean it’s been like a train wreck since the second half of the SC game. They just lost their identity. I think it’s more the OL more than anything. Agree no business losing to Tennessee and honestly played well enough on defense to beat A&M.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 4:35 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Being hindsight I think they dominated from the start , lets see if they take it on the road in Ark. They definitely have plenty of talent , D was very good. Lol they still wont be ready for Duke . End of season who knows ?

Yes true road game...going to be tough. I think I heard no B1G team has ever won at Arkansas ever. Another measuring stick for this young team. May still be short handed. Really heartbroken for Jerome Hunter. He was suppose to be a big help off the bench and waiting to hear what is wrong that he needed surgery on his leg. Heard it was at the Cleveland Mayo Clinic and non-sports related. I don’t have much hope for Duke at Cameron...but just want to see them continue to grow. Loved Phinesee and Romeo looked great too. Good start to the season!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yes true road game...going to be tough. I think I heard no B1G team has ever won at Arkansas ever. Another measuring stick for this young team. May still be short handed. Really heartbroken for Jerome Hunter. He was suppose to be a big help off the bench and waiting to hear what is wrong that he needed surgery on his leg. Heard it was at the Cleveland Mayo Clinic and non-sports related. I don’t have much hope for Duke at Cameron...but just want to see them continue to grow. Loved Phinesee and Romeo looked great too. Good start to the season!

Yes Purdue must be kicking themselves over Phinesee .:lol: My guess just a guess on Hunter's leg , must be nuerological .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Why was he running backwards 10 yards? That's almost weirder than the throw itself. And 18 interceptions? Yikes, how is he even playing?

He's a true freshman and the only QB on the roster that has an arm. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, MTC said:

He's a true freshman and the only QB on the roster that has an arm. 

Lol...I feel a little better about IUs qb situation now....that was omg....just I can't even say! All I know if I'm a D1 quality qb I'm calling up Rutgers coach and sending my tape....no reason they don't have a better qb on that roster. Honestly if you are that bad...why not start a rb or wr at qb and just run the wild cat all game!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 5:02 PM, dgambill said:

Lol...I feel a little better about IUs qb situation now....that was omg....just I can't even say! All I know if I'm a D1 quality qb I'm calling up Rutgers coach and sending my tape....no reason they don't have a better qb on that roster. Honestly if you are that bad...why not start a rb or wr at qb and just run the wild cat all game!

UK beat Tennessee with a WR at QB once under Joker.

• Like 1